Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Where Are They Now? - MBB Edition 2022-23 Edition
Bookmark and Share
Big Red Online
All American

I Root For: NIU
Where Are They Now? - MBB Edition 2022-23 Edition
Well, I got to looking around for some of our departed faves from Huskie teams from the recent past.

Here's where everyone who has transferred and landed somewhere (that I can find):

Darius Beane - Beane has found himself on his 4th D-1 collegiate basketball team and this year, he finds himself on one of the brand new ones as he is suiting it up for the Lindenwood Lions. Being a Southern Illinois kid, the move closer to home made some sense. Oh...and it doesn't hurt that daddy is there on the bench as well.

Edward Manuel - Manuel landed on his feet at St. Mary's University...in San Antonio, Texas, a D-II program called the Rattlers and their mascot is named Rattler Man. Kinda makes me think of Full Metal Jacket.

Keenan Cole - Cole apparently followed Beane down to St. Louis (St. Charles to be exact) to Lindenwood University.

Zool Kueth - Kueth has taken his wares to Nashville to play for Tennessee State and brought along an old teammate to join him with the Tigers.

Tyler Cochran - in his quest to play for the entirety of the MAC West Division, Cochran has moved from Muncie to Toledo where I'm sure Coach Kowalczyk is not worried about his job.

Noah Kon - Kon has moved to the Rocky Mountain State as he now laces it up for the Colorado Christian Cougars, which is a D-II program.

Adong Makuoi - Makuoi apparently enjoyed Zool's personality so much he chose to move to Nashville with him to play for Tennessee State.

Kingsley Okanu - Okanu went out on his own (such a brave boy) and took his wares to Michigan (Allendale, I think) to play for the Grand Valley State Lakers, a D-II program. Interestingly, GVSU is a "space-grant" university which...I've never heard of. I've heard of a land-grant school, but not a space-grant school and...as it turns out, the name is kinda self-explanatory and means that the school was formed for the purpose of outer space research. Kinda cool, actually.

Trendon Hankerson - much braver than the likes of a Tyler Cochran, Trendon Hankerson has ventured out to the MAC East Division to play this year for the Akron Zips.

Well, I think that's it. Hopefully, this year I remember to give it an update at some point in the season.
11-08-2022 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
RE: Where Are They Now? - MBB Edition 2022-23 Edition
And a little farther in the past, Geno is playing for a team in a large but non-famous Chinese city, whose name escapes me, on the east coast of China just across an unknown strait from the Korean peninsula.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-08-2022 08:30 PM
Big Red Online
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: Where Are They Now? - MBB Edition 2022-23 Edition
(11-08-2022 08:30 PM)pantone1935 Wrote:  And a little farther in the past, Geno is playing for a team in a large but non-famous Chinese city, whose name escapes me, on the east coast of China just across an unknown strait from the Korean peninsula.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qingdao Eagles

Which, Qingdao, is yet another one of those Chinese cities no one here as ever heard about yet is massive and bigger than any city here in the US 10.071 million people.
11-08-2022 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.