Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WHERE ARE THE FANS?
Bookmark and Share
sksmith1026 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SOUTHERN MISS
WHERE ARE THE FANS?
Where are the fans? There is no excuse
to me to miss that game if you are with in a 3 hour trip to Hattiesburg. I know there was rain but I have sat though many down pours. I was a season ticket holder for 16 years and I never missed a home game unless my kids were playing or I was sick and them I gave my tickets to someone who I knew would fill my seats. Southern Miss fans are our own worst enemy. We get mad when ole piss and mistake make fun of our attendance and then Saturday happens and we just prove their point. SHAME on the fans that could have and should have showed up.

Sorry for the rant but I just had to say it.
11-07-2022 09:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: WHERE ARE THE FANS?
We're doing the necessary work; watching the games at home, improving our ratings and marketz, not goofing off at some football game playing grab-ass with co-eds and drinking beers.

Some people actually care about the program.
11-07-2022 11:59 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(11-07-2022 11:59 AM)Big Dub Wrote:  We're doing the necessary work; watching the games at home, improving our ratings and marketz, not goofing off at some football game playing grab-ass with co-eds and drinking beers.

Wait.. That's an option?
11-07-2022 12:01 PM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

(11-07-2022 12:01 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(11-07-2022 11:59 AM)Big Dub Wrote:  We're doing the necessary work; watching the games at home, improving our ratings and marketz, not goofing off at some football game playing grab-ass with co-eds and drinking beers.

Wait.. That's an option?

Yes, but.... tread carefully!
11-07-2022 01:51 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
The fans must have been with the players, where ever they were….
11-07-2022 11:34 PM
sksmith1026 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-07-2022 11:34 PM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  The fans must have been with the players, where ever they were….

Now that's the best response I've read and very true.
11-08-2022 02:30 PM
Advertisement

EagNBran Offline
All American

The university shattered relationships with thousands of fans in the early 2010s and has done nothing to even attempt to mend the rift. They sit at home and come if they feel like it now, while they didn’t miss many games in the 90s and 2000s. Until leadership tries to repair those bridges, the school will be starting to build a fanbase from basically scratch.
11-10-2022 05:18 PM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

We haven’t been good in years. You can’t really blame them. No team anywhere doesn’t lose fans when they aren’t successful.
11-11-2022 06:29 PM
sksmith1026 Offline
Bench Warmer

Well, I'm sorry but I'm not buying what you are selling. We have a coach that is building this program back to where it should be. The players deserve our fans to be there. It's not the dumpster fire it has been. We are a lot better than the past couple of years. Give these kids your support I know I would if my status was different. I'd be right back in my old seats yelling like a 30 something again.
11-14-2022 04:10 PM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
Couldn't go last home game due to having to have an emergency mri. Will be there for South Alabama though. One thing to keep in mind is that going to the games is not as popular anymore. Attendance is down on pretty much all college teams. I think that's due to several issues.

I like the idea being thrown around for virtual tickets. May be something all sports do some day.
11-14-2022 06:18 PM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-14-2022 04:10 PM)sksmith1026 Wrote:  Well, I'm sorry but I'm not buying what you are selling. We have a coach that is building this program back to where it should be. The players deserve our fans to be there. It's not the dumpster fire it has been. We are a lot better than the past couple of years. Give these kids your support I know I would if my status was different. I'd be right back in my old seats yelling like a 30 something again.

I go to all the games. I was just saying you really can’t get upset with the average fan. Look how good Coastal has been, yet they had plenty of seats on a ESPNU Saturday night home game.

Eagleyed, I think attendance/interest in sports will continue to go down. Some may eventually shut down. People aren’t into leaving the home as much. Don’t have the attention span to watch a whole game. There are fewer bars as well. It’s just different times.
11-14-2022 06:37 PM
Advertisement

Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

(11-11-2022 06:29 PM)Golden Fogg Wrote:  We haven’t been good in years. You can’t really blame them. No team anywhere doesn’t lose fans when they aren’t successful.

Nebraska is the exception that proves the rule
11-14-2022 07:43 PM
Golden Fogg Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-14-2022 07:43 PM)Big Dub Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 06:29 PM)Golden Fogg Wrote:  We haven’t been good in years. You can’t really blame them. No team anywhere doesn’t lose fans when they aren’t successful.

Nebraska is the exception that proves the rule

They're high on corn.03-drunk
11-15-2022 04:25 PM
EagNBran Offline
All American

(11-14-2022 04:10 PM)sksmith1026 Wrote:  Well, I'm sorry but I'm not buying what you are selling. We have a coach that is building this program back to where it should be. The players deserve our fans to be there. It's not the dumpster fire it has been. We are a lot better than the past couple of years. Give these kids your support I know I would if my status was different. I'd be right back in my old seats yelling like a 30 something again.

I have yet to see anything from Hall that tells me he's building the program back to where it should be. I see an anemic offense with an 'offensive-minded' coach.
11-17-2022 02:57 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-17-2022 02:57 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  

I have yet to see anything from Hall that tells me he's building the program back to where it should be. I see an anemic offense with an 'offensive-minded' coach.

He was Tulane’s OC when they dropped 96 points on us in 2 games, so I doubt he’s the problem there.

Keyes is supposed to have almost 2 full seasons under his belt at this point but it just hasn’t worked out. The O-line is still sophomore-heavy. If we’re still shooting blanks next year, I’ll start worrying. 4 FBS wins (one over a ranked team) with 2 games to go is more than I expected, to be honest.
11-18-2022 01:23 PM
EagNBran Offline
All American

Tulane’s offense has continued to roll without him. Maybe he wasn’t the source of their success.
11-18-2022 06:54 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
I'm looking at the mess Hop left.. Hall has done well in 2 seasons.. It's given me enough to have high hopes next season..
11-21-2022 12:01 PM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

(11-21-2022 12:01 PM)gdunn Wrote:  I'm looking at the mess Hop left.. Hall has done well in 2 seasons.. It's given me enough to have high hopes next season..

I like him a lot so far, he at least talks a good game. You can tell we don't quite have the horses yet. A few more pieces and this team is challenging for the division.

High hopes for me is that we're a no doubt bowl team next year.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2022 02:59 PM by Big Dub.)
11-21-2022 01:05 PM
USM3000 Offline
Bench Warmer

Yeah, Hall's not perfect, but he's making progress. The only games we were not competitive in was Ga St and the second half of Miami. With the QB carousel we've been rolling and a struggling O-line, I'm surprised we've won 5 and AMAZED we could easily be 7-4. Some of y'all act like we have a bunch of 5 star players, a SEC funding level, top of the line NIL deals, and unlimited resources and the only problem we have is the current coach. Again, is there things Hall could do better? I'm sure there is, but to think we would be better off under mumbles or anyone else we could get in here with the piss poor pay we can scrouge up is delusional. The guys seems like he cares and is trying to take as few short cuts as possible to get us back to prominence.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2022 03:20 PM by USM3000.)
11-21-2022 02:45 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-21-2022 02:45 PM)USM3000 Wrote:  but to think we would be better off under mumbles or anyone else we could get in here with the piss poor pay we can scrouge up is delusional.

Hold up, now. Hall’s making north of $800k base, which isn’t bad among his peers. I’m having trouble finding accurate 2022 numbers, but last I saw, Hall’s salary was in the upper half of the SBC (I want to say it was even upper 1/3rd, but don’t hold me to that). Regardless, the point is while we’re not blowing anybody away, we are competitive when it comes to HC compensation.

Hopson was only making about $500k, but that’s because he was willing to work for cheap. And we got what we paid for.
11-23-2022 02:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.