Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LIBERTY @ UCONN
Bookmark and Share
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
LIBERTY @ UCONN
Liberty @ UConn

Liberty will travel to Connecticut to takenon resurgent UConn (5-5) who is coming off a 27-10 win over UMass. I hope the Flames don’t overlook this one or they could sleepwalk themselves to a loss.

The line hasn’t come out yet, but I imagine it’ll be around 10 points.
11-06-2022 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
RE: LIBERTY @ UCONN
(11-06-2022 11:37 AM)army56mike Wrote:  Liberty @ UConn

Liberty will travel to Connecticut to takenon resurgent UConn (5-5) who is coming off a 27-10 win over UMass. I hope the Flames don’t overlook this one or they could sleepwalk themselves to a loss.

The line hasn’t come out yet, but I imagine it’ll be around 10 points.
LU has traditionally played poorly after playing well after big games. UConn is hungry and playing for 6 wins to be bowl eligible and Mora is a quality coach. This is a trap game that LU is potential to lose. Damien just posted that he ranked LU at #17. UConn will be pumped.
11-06-2022 12:12 PM
army56mike Offline

Liberty opens as a 14.5 point favorite. I want to say that seems a little high, but it’s probably not.

I think this will be a tough game mentally.
11-07-2022 05:39 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(11-07-2022 05:39 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Liberty opens as a 14.5 point favorite. I want to say that seems a little high, but it’s probably not.

I think this will be a tough game mentally.
I watched the YouTube Freeze video on the Arkansas and the LU Production, Flames Central afterwards. If you have not watched the LU production, it is quite good. It's a good mix of Jauch bringing insight from a coaching perspective and Emily and Matt bring good observations. The 3 together talk mostly football and it is a good mix of detail and entertainment. Check out Flames Central if you have not seen it.

They all said that UConn will be hungry as a win over LU will make them bowl eligible. UConn have won more games this year than the past 3 combined. From UConn's position, a top 20 team coming into their home stadium, with a potential bowl bid riding on the game, expect the Huskies to be jacked. It's their biggest and most important game of the year. LU better be prepared. 14.5 points is too many. A victory of 3+ points and LU likely retains their #19 ranking. Another 1 point squeaker and LU likely will drop a few positions. Of course a loss and they're out of the top 25.
11-08-2022 08:01 AM
Willflop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty
I've been nervous about this game for all the reasons mentioned, especially with our inconsistencies on offense. I did watch the UMASS / UCONN replay, which made me feel a little better. I heard that UCONN had essentially zero pass game, and sure enough they are averaging 105 yards a game. Against Umass they were 6/13 for 60 yards through the air, the rest was on the ground. Total yards 334, and this includes a 75 yard run.

On paper, Uconn being this one dimensional and playing right into our strength, the DL, seems like we shouldn't struggle to take care of business. Having Brewer as an option (if not starting) if our offense goes completely cold should be another safety net. Our two starting DEs got banged up against Arkansas, but I'm hoping Durrell Johnson was just a cramp. I saw Clark hobble off, haven't heard if he can play yet. With that said, I'll feel better once we see a few series and prove we can move the ball, unlike our GW disaster game.
11-08-2022 09:59 AM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(11-08-2022 09:59 AM)Willflop Wrote:  I've been nervous about this game for all the reasons mentioned, especially with our inconsistencies on offense. I did watch the UMASS / UCONN replay, which made me feel a little better. I heard that UCONN had essentially zero pass game, and sure enough they are averaging 105 yards a game. Against Umass they were 6/13 for 60 yards through the air, the rest was on the ground. Total yards 334, and this includes a 75 yard run.

On paper, Uconn being this one dimensional and playing right into our strength, the DL, seems like we shouldn't struggle to take care of business. Having Brewer as an option (if not starting) if our offense goes completely cold should be another safety net. Our two starting DEs got banged up against Arkansas, but I'm hoping Durrell Johnson was just a cramp. I saw Clark hobble off, haven't heard if he can play yet. With that said, I'll feel better once we see a few series and prove we can move the ball, unlike our GW disaster game.
Ideally your premise happens and LU's defense against the run overwhelms UConn. If UConn is pass challenged, that does play to LU's strength. If LU's run defense stiffled UConn, that could allow starters to play less and give others playing time. A well rested and near full strength LU team will be needed against VT. Forget the VT record. That is going to be a fierce game.
11-08-2022 10:50 AM
Advertisement

Willflop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty
(11-08-2022 10:50 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(11-08-2022 09:59 AM)Willflop Wrote:  I've been nervous about this game for all the reasons mentioned, especially with our inconsistencies on offense. I did watch the UMASS / UCONN replay, which made me feel a little better. I heard that UCONN had essentially zero pass game, and sure enough they are averaging 105 yards a game. Against Umass they were 6/13 for 60 yards through the air, the rest was on the ground. Total yards 334, and this includes a 75 yard run.

Ideally your premise happens and LU's defense against the run overwhelms UConn. If UConn is pass challenged, that does play to LU's strength. If LU's run defense stiffled UConn, that could allow starters to play less and give others playing time. A well rested and near full strength LU team will be needed against VT. Forget the VT record. That is going to be a fierce game.

Agreed. I'd like to escape UConn with a respectable margin of victory, to hold onto that ranking, but hope we can do it by resting some folks. I've been thinking the same thing about VT. I know they are hot garbage, but that's the part that worries me even more, it's almost a jinx. They can no longer make it to a bowl game, so we have that going for us from a psychological standpoint, but they are still P5 and have some pride and don't want to get embarrassed again in their own state.
11-08-2022 11:24 AM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(11-08-2022 11:24 AM)Willflop Wrote:  
(11-08-2022 10:50 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  

Agreed. I'd like to escape UConn with a respectable margin of victory, to hold onto that ranking, but hope we can do it by resting some folks. I've been thinking the same thing about VT. I know they are hot garbage, but that's the part that worries me even more, it's almost a jinx. They can no longer make it to a bowl game, so we have that going for us from a psychological standpoint, but they are still P5 and have some pride and don't want to get embarrassed again in their own state.
For many years I have watched the UVA/VT games, where one team, mostly UVA was the weaker team, play their game of the year. LU will be pumped for the game and the game will be another sell out. With a 12noon kickoff and only offered on ESPN+, that tells us how much the network thinks of the appeal of this game. Let's keep emphasis on UConn and having another strong game and hope Bennet continues to play well and improve. You gotta root for this kid with all the disappointment, distractions, ups and downs he's had.
11-08-2022 11:31 AM
NewTimes Offline
All American

Yesterday's CFP listings omitted LU from top 25 consideration. The News & Advance used the term "snubbed" and quoted several members stating that LU's weak schedule was the reason for the omission. That could and should be a motivation to play hard against UConn this week. We now can expect LU to play a strong game to attract attention to the margin of victory for the naysayers. From LU being left out of the CFP rankings, I now expect LU to win by 21 points or more.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022 11:51 AM by NewTimes.)
11-09-2022 11:49 AM
army56mike Offline

(11-09-2022 11:49 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  From LU being left out of the CFP rankings, I now expect LU to win by 21 points or more.

I’m not sure we’ve learned or know how to do that yet.
11-09-2022 01:22 PM
army56mike Offline

Any word on Dae Dae? I assume he’s out this week at least.
11-09-2022 02:35 PM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

(11-09-2022 01:22 PM)army56mike Wrote:  
(11-09-2022 11:49 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  From LU being left out of the CFP rankings, I now expect LU to win by 21 points or more.

I’m not sure we’ve learned or know how to do that yet.
Learning how to win the games you're supposed to, in a convincing way, when rankings reflect the caliber of play, is progression for an advancing team. If LU plays with an edge with a convincing win (not a GW 1 pt victory type), that should be a goal for this game.
11-09-2022 04:32 PM
army56mike Offline

Dar Dae is out for the rest of the season and Shedro will be at his father’s funeral this weekend. We’ll be shorthanded at RB vs. UConn.
11-10-2022 02:29 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
LIBERTY @ UCONN
Praying for Louis.

Losing Hunter is definitely going to make the last games harder. He's been great this season.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
11-10-2022 03:34 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(11-10-2022 02:29 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Dar Dae is out for the rest of the season and Shedro will be at his father’s funeral this weekend. We’ll be shorthanded at RB vs. UConn.
With Hunter and Lewis out, my 21 potential victory just shrunk to almost a toss up. This only fires up UConn more thinking they have a greater chance.
11-10-2022 05:41 PM
army56mike Offline

Hopefully it fires up our 3rd, 4th, and 5th string RBs to get after it and set the field on fire. Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised. Although I won’t be too surprised if we go deep with talent at RB.
11-11-2022 12:16 PM
Advertisement

JMacTrain Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Flames, Razorbacks
(11-11-2022 12:16 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Hopefully it fires up our 3rd, 4th, and 5th string RBs to get after it and set the field on fire. Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised. Although I won’t be too surprised if we go deep with talent at RB.

Sibley may see some time at tailback to give us 3 deep. We should be just fine with TJ and Capers. They are both as fresh as can be and hungry to prove themselves. Expect a lot of bubble screens with Demario and Yarborough to take the pressure of the run game too.
11-11-2022 01:54 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(11-11-2022 01:54 PM)JMacTrain Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 12:16 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Hopefully it fires up our 3rd, 4th, and 5th string RBs to get after it and set the field on fire. Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised. Although I won’t be too surprised if we go deep with talent at RB.

Sibley may see some time at tailback to give us 3 deep. We should be just fine with TJ and Capers. They are both as fresh as can be and hungry to prove themselves. Expect a lot of bubble screens with Demario and Yarborough to take the pressure of the run game too.
Freeze made some of those comments yesterday in his press conference. Freeze also praised TJ Green saying he practiced hard and was excited for the opportunity.
11-11-2022 02:02 PM
army56mike Offline

Well… this is what I expected so far. UConn has had a good game plan and the Flames have looked anything but on fire.

I do expect Liberty to play a much better second half after adjustments.

I am surprised that Brewer hasn’t had any plays in the first half.

And I did expect more from the running game.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2022 01:50 PM by army56mike.)
11-12-2022 01:46 PM
army56mike Offline

Darn, shouldn’t have list that one. Kudos to UConn. They had a good game plan and executed it well. Liberty looked flat and made too many mistakes. UConn was the better team today.
11-12-2022 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.