Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SDSU slashes ticket prices
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
SDSU slashes ticket prices
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo...-air-force

"San Diego State has dramatically reduced ticket prices for the season’s last three football games at Snapdragon Stadium.

Tickets for Saturday’s Mountain West game against UNLV that were priced from $78 to $103 are now $50 and tickets priced from $128 to $203 are now $75 (not including service charges).

The $50 and $75 price points also are in place for the season’s other two remaining home games — Nov. 12 against San Jose State and Nov. 26 against Air Force — for tickets previously priced from $73 to $88 and $143 to $153, respectively...."

Obviously, their pricing wasn't working. Revised pricing isn't free like Stanford, but it will probably hurt them with their season ticket base who paid higher prices.
11-04-2022 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
RE: SDSU slashes ticket prices
SDSU has been up and down this season (currently 4-4 overall and 2-2 in the MWC). The shiny new stadium was a draw in the first few games, but at some point fans' sensitivity to ticket prices will be driven primarily by performance on field. Smart move by the athletic department to recognize this and adjust accordingly.
11-04-2022 02:38 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
(11-04-2022 02:27 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo...-air-force

"San Diego State has dramatically reduced ticket prices for the season’s last three football games at Snapdragon Stadium.

Tickets for Saturday’s Mountain West game against UNLV that were priced from $78 to $103 are now $50 and tickets priced from $128 to $203 are now $75 (not including service charges).

The $50 and $75 price points also are in place for the season’s other two remaining home games — Nov. 12 against San Jose State and Nov. 26 against Air Force — for tickets previously priced from $73 to $88 and $143 to $153, respectively...."

Obviously, their pricing wasn't working. Revised pricing isn't free like Stanford, but it will probably hurt them with their season ticket base who paid higher prices.

They can just offer season ticket holders a cheaper renewal price next year or give them some signed footballs.
11-04-2022 02:41 PM
Advertisement

The Sicatoka Online
All American

I Root For: North Dakota
Geez, what's the world coming to if a shiny new stadium doesn't fill the first season with just looky-loos.
11-04-2022 02:47 PM
Aztecgolfer Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
Cheapest seats are still $50. Home games this year so far have been: Arizona (Sold Out), Idaho St, Toledo, and Hawaii. Not exactly something to write home about. Our offense has been bland, fired the OC a few weeks in and had terrible production at QB. 3 games ago we brought back Jaylen Mayden to the QB position (he was playing safety) and he has been terrific. We should have beaten Fresno St last week but defense went into "prevent mode," we fumbled a kick and did not cover an onside kick. Of course, this was also supposed to be a rebuilding year, especially the O-line.

Finding the right pricing for seating is always an issue with a new stadium. We will get it worked out. Nice thing is that it appears a MLS team to San Diego is imminent, and they will be playing at Snapdragon. The additional revenue will allow SDSU to reduce ticket prices to find the right balance in ticket pricing.
11-04-2022 07:48 PM
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
(11-04-2022 02:38 PM)HawaiiMongoose Wrote:  SDSU has been up and down this season (currently 4-4 overall and 2-2 in the MWC). The shiny new stadium was a draw in the first few games, but at some point fans' sensitivity to ticket prices will be driven primarily by performance on field. Smart move by the athletic department to recognize this and adjust accordingly.

It was a rough start for SDSU. They opened the season in a heat wave against Arizona, one of the top offensive teams in the country, and got whacked at home. I agree, they have been up and down this season. They have struggled on offense.

The attendance average of 30,761 through four games is okay, but they need to get fans out to the stadium to experience the place, so cutting prices is a smart move. I am planning on attending the UCLA game at Snapdragon Stadium in 2023, so I will get a look at the stadium next year.
11-04-2022 09:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.