Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Falcons
Bookmark and Share
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Falcons
BG is really gaining some momentum. Western may not be that good, but a win is a win. Right now Loeffler would be my vote for MAC coach of the year, nobody has come as far in the cellar as that program. We can't overlook them and if history is the true tale, we will somehow figure out a way to make it interesting. It still boggles my mind how we lost to them 3 yrs ago when they were a glorified HS team.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
11-02-2022 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: Falcons
(11-02-2022 09:58 PM)emanoh Wrote:  BG is really gaining some momentum. Western may not be that good, but a win is a win. Right now Loeffler would be my vote for MAC coach of the year, nobody has come as far in the cellar as that program. We can't overlook them and if history is the true tale, we will somehow figure out a way to make it interesting. It still boggles my mind how we lost to them 3 yrs ago when they were a glorified HS team.

Their win expectation was 3.5. They are at 5. Any more is doubtful with the schedule. 6 is a triumph, but its not crazy when 100th in the nation gets you bowl elgible in the MAC in 2022.

Ohio was expected to win 5.5, but possibly next to Akron in year 2 without Solich. If him or Linguist at UB win the East, they get my vote. Legit top 80 teams with expectations about equal with BG coming in.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2022 12:15 AM by UofToledoFans.)
11-03-2022 12:14 AM
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Should never overlook a rival, even though that rival has been a tinted one.
11-03-2022 07:12 AM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Falcons
They finish with Kent, UT and OU. Can't overlook them because they will be motivated. Rival game plus getting to 6 wins.

The BG vs Kent game will be interesting. I think Kent is better than their record. They had a chance to beat BSU the other night. Late in the game with lots of yardage ahead of him, their QB starts his slide too close to the line of scrimage. Nobody touched him for 3 yds after the slide, but the refs said he started the slide where he did and they turned the ball over on downs. It didn't appear that his knee or body was down, but I guess the rule is where you start is where they mark it. He should have easily gotten the 1st down and kept the drive alive.

11-03-2022 10:03 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(11-02-2022 09:58 PM)emanoh Wrote:  Right now Loeffler would be my vote for MAC coach of the year, nobody has come as far in the cellar as that program.

This is quite a statement considering that David Briggs of The Blade basically wrote his obituary in September after the Eastern Kentucky loss.

Nothing would surprise me at this point, but I would think the Ohio and Buffalo coaches would also merit a look.
11-03-2022 10:31 AM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-03-2022 10:03 AM)emanoh Wrote:  They finish with Kent, UT and OU. Can't overlook them because they will be motivated. Rival game plus getting to 6 wins.

The BG vs Kent game will be interesting. I think Kent is better than their record. They had a chance to beat BSU the other night. Late in the game with lots of yardage ahead of him, their QB starts his slide too close to the line of scrimage. Nobody touched him for 3 yds after the slide, but the refs said he started the slide where he did and they turned the ball over on downs. It didn't appear that his knee or body was down, but I guess the rule is where you start is where they mark it. He should have easily gotten the 1st down and kept the drive alive.

In the Blade, the BG coach acted like Western's defense was Alabama. They gave up 45 points to Eastern. BG doesn't have much of an offense, except for their stadium.
11-03-2022 10:38 AM
FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(11-03-2022 10:03 AM)emanoh Wrote:  They finish with Kent, UT and OU. Can't overlook them because they will be motivated. Rival game plus getting to 6 wins.

Still not a good team, only beat a bad WM team by 4 points, give me a break. I don't see them winning anymore games this season.
11-03-2022 11:03 AM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-03-2022 11:03 AM)FrickerRon Wrote:  

Still not a good team, only beat a bad WM team by 4 points, give me a break. I don't see them winning anymore games this season.

normally I would agree with you. But this is the MAC where parity exists in places and on teams where you would not expect. And BG beat Marshall - the week after Marshall beat Notre Dame. Turns out Notre Dame is not very good this year - in relative terms. But it was still BG beating the team that beat Notre Dame. That gave them a big boost. Seems to be dying off now.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2022 02:52 PM by MotoRocket.)
11-03-2022 01:27 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(11-03-2022 10:38 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

In the Blade, the BG coach acted like Western's defense was Alabama. They gave up 45 points to Eastern. BG doesn't have much of an offense, except for their stadium.

03-lmfao
11-03-2022 10:41 PM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Maybe now that comparison to Alabama's defense is not that far off...I mean he did say that after giving up 52 to Tennessee. And now they give up 32 in a loss to LSU.

Now LSU plays Arkansas who lost to Liberty. Nod goes to Arkansas to win

So, no Alabama in the SEC title game or the playoffs this year. And just as I say that, weirder things have already happened this year.
11-06-2022 08:58 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Any word if this game will be on tv or espn3
11-06-2022 06:00 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(11-06-2022 06:00 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  Any word if this game will be on tv or espn3

Its MACtion so ESPN2 oe ESPNU. Same time as the playoff rankings, so ESPN is out of the question.

Ball State plays Ohio at the same time. If that game has more going for it, we could be on the U. Im guessing the rivalry keeps it on 2.
11-06-2022 06:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.