Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College Insider Preseason Mid Major Bball Poll
Bookmark and Share
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
College Insider Preseason Mid Major Bball Poll
College Insider has Toledo at #4 in their Preseason Mid Major Top 25 Poll with Gonzaga at #1, Drake at #2, St. Mary's at #3, and Liberty at #5. Kent St is ranked 7th and Akron is ranked 18th. The poll is conducted weekly during the season and has a select group of Mid Major Coaches including TK on the panel.
11-01-2022 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: College Insider Preseason Mid Major Bball Poll
Wow!
11-01-2022 01:14 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Need to win 8 out of conference to have an at large resume. Avoid quad 3 and 4 losses all together.
11-01-2022 02:25 PM
Advertisement

Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
That's a little scary for me. It's only Nov 1st and I'm getting too revved up for the Rockets Mens and Womens hoops. Plus, the Cavs are looking like Eastern Conference title contenders without all the drama and nonsense that usually accompanies NBA "superstars".

It could be a truly incredible basketball season for Rocket fans but I'm terrified at the thought of being hunted down in late March by that "invisible police officer of the Fates" and being sentenced to a sad, savage, dark mood through April and May.

Right now it seems like a good idea to book a Spring vacation to an exotic, watery paradise for either; celebrating the Rocket's success in making it into the Big Dance, or to soothe my soul after another devastating disappointment.
11-01-2022 02:40 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Interesting rankings. UT finished #12 in the final poll last season. In that same poll, the Zags were #1, St Mary's #3 and Drake #22. So, a lot of teams dropped significantly, while UT and Drake "rocketed" up the rankings.
11-01-2022 04:15 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(11-01-2022 04:15 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Interesting rankings. UT finished #12 in the final poll last season. In that same poll, the Zags were #1, St Mary's #3 and Drake #22. So, a lot of teams dropped significantly, while UT and Drake "rocketed" up the rankings.

I think Drake is in the league that lost Loyola Chicago. May just be that their conference lost all of its contenders.
11-01-2022 04:38 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

(11-01-2022 02:40 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  That's a little scary for me. It's only Nov 1st and I'm getting too revved up for the Rockets Mens and Womens hoops. Plus, the Cavs are looking like Eastern Conference title contenders without all the drama and nonsense that usually accompanies NBA "superstars".

It could be a truly incredible basketball season for Rocket fans but I'm terrified at the thought of being hunted down in late March by that "invisible police officer of the Fates" and being sentenced to a sad, savage, dark mood through April and May.

Right now it seems like a good idea to book a Spring vacation to an exotic, watery paradise for either; celebrating the Rocket's success in making it into the Big Dance, or to soothe my soul after another devastating disappointment.

Love it Sleepy. I hate to say this, but we are fighting a curse. Look at all the things that happened over the years - we were so close - but something happened.

Like playing a golf scramble, you need a birdie, then they come. If you can't get one, it becomes something else. They need to get over the hump. A trip to the dance would help recruiting, then you build on that. The first birdie.

One that still sticks in my craw is the Notre Dame game when the damn ball got stuck in the rim and they shoot a 3 and win with less than 5 seconds, if I remember right. Doesn't make a difference in the big picture that year (one team MAC), but it would have given us publicity instead of an expected Toledo loss. Something happened...

OK, I'm done whining. :-)

I was just looking at the schedule. It appears we need the ESPN packages however you get them to watch. Expected, but good news.

I don't know what to expect. The high ranking kind of scares me, but good for getting the name out there. We have a solid core in Shumate, Milner, Dennis, and Moss. How they work the bench will be interesting, and I'm anxious to see how much the core guys have improved.

I hate winter, but I'm pumped to watch some Toledo BB. I'm also old. I remember 1980 (I think it was), so one more time for a check on the bucket list please.
11-01-2022 06:10 PM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

I think the overall guard play, maybe better this year, even without Rollins.
11-01-2022 07:38 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
Women ranked 5th
11-01-2022 10:12 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-01-2022 07:38 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  I think the overall guard play, maybe better this year, even without Rollins.
I agree. We are deeper and experienced at all positions. A little bit of me says "what if" Rollins would have stayed one more year with all starters back. It could have been special. But nonetheless we may have more horses to make a deep season run to the tournament title.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
11-01-2022 10:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.