Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Per Caulkins- the school lacks the ambition
Bookmark and Share
Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
Per Caulkins- the school lacks the ambition
To fire Ryan, let that sink in. We have given up and lack ambition to be good again even though it is obvious Ryan is a complete failure. The administration is basically saying that what we have accomplished over the last 8 years means nothing and given the middle finger to us.

Also if we are so poor that we can’t even pay a 3
Million dollar buyout then we never should have made an attempt to get into the big 12, we never deserved it in the first place.

If you want to send a message then don’t attend another game and don’t renew your season tickets, there decision to keep Ryan should severely hurt them
10-29-2022 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Per Caulkins- the school lacks the ambition
(10-29-2022 10:15 PM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  To fire Ryan, let that sink in. We have given up and lack ambition to be good again even though it is obvious Ryan is a complete failure. The administration is basically saying that what we have accomplished over the last 8 years means nothing and given the middle finger to us.

Million dollar buyout then we never should have made an attempt to get into the big 12, we never deserved it in the first place.

If you want to send a message then don’t attend another game and don’t renew your season tickets, there decision to keep Ryan should severely hurt them

THIS COMMENT IS WHAT IS WRONG.

This loser has a personal dislike for the coach and is asking supporters to destroy the entire athletic department if that is what it takes to get rid of the coach.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022 01:24 PM by ncrdbl1.)
10-29-2022 10:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
(10-29-2022 10:22 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(10-29-2022 10:15 PM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  To fire Ryan, let that sink in. We have given up and lack ambition to be good again even though it is obvious Ryan is a complete failure. The administration is basically saying that what we have accomplished over the last 8 years means nothing and given the middle finger to us.

This loser has a personal dislike for the coach and is asking supporters to destroy the entire athletic department if that is what it takes to get rid of the coach.

Keep showing up and enjoy your below average football for years to come!
10-29-2022 10:34 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
He has not been a complete loser

Give it a rest

If you want to be taken seriously you CAN point out that at times he has made mistakes and some of them should not be made at this level, and those mistakes have kept the team hovering closer to .500 than they should be, and if that continues he may need to be removed

Most have agreed he must remedy this. And most agree he should be replaced if he does not. And most agree he needs to show signs of that NOW

If he had been a complete failure, with a 2-6 record after a 3-9 one then the administration if they kept this going lacks ambition. But this screams look at me by Calkins who I doubt would have wanted to be judged with that same level of *******

He wanted to write this so he did.
10-29-2022 10:36 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(10-29-2022 10:34 PM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  

never follow a legend. no matter what you do it will not be enough for some.

for only the second time in program history we've has 3 straight coaches with winning records.

if we had the net back then people like you would've been yelling to fire Pancoast because he didn't win as many games as Hatley and Spook.
10-30-2022 12:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S

Million dollar buyout
then we never should have made an attempt to get into the big 12, we never deserved it in the first place.

If YOU want to send a message, write a check. Otherwise, shut your loud mouth.
10-30-2022 12:48 AM
Advertisement

Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM

You actually think Nascar comes to games?
10-30-2022 07:36 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

(10-30-2022 12:48 AM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  

Million dollar buyout
then we never should have made an attempt to get into the big 12, we never deserved it in the first place.

For 3 million ? I believe the whole point of the column was, and I didn’t read it, was that nobody wants to pay the money like they did with Tubby and maybe Porter. Not sure if Porter had much of a buyout. I guess to the money folks the Big12/P5 ship has sailed and they got other things to spend money on in this joke of an economy?
10-30-2022 07:38 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

(10-30-2022 12:45 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

never follow a legend. no matter what you do it will not be enough for some.

for only the second time in program history we've has 3 straight coaches with winning records.

if we had the net back then people like you would've been yelling to fire Pancoast because he didn't win as many games as Hatley and Spook.

He only has a winning record because of a light non conference schedule. 10-11 in AAC play
10-30-2022 07:40 AM
danny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis

THIS has to be the most ignorant suggestion that I have ever seen posted on this board. And THAT is saying something.
10-30-2022 07:44 AM
Unbreakable04 Offline
Special Teams

(10-30-2022 12:48 AM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  

Million dollar buyout

Ahhh, like clockwork, here comes the write the check or shut your mouth guy. You are only allowed to voice displeasure if you want to write a $3M check. These Ruin worshippers that bend the knee never cease to amaze me the lengths they go to by trying to not allow anyone criticize a coach who has a losing conference record and is a complete failure.

Yay. He has a winning record betting cupcakes, let’s build a statue. It’s sad some people accept mediocrity while criticizing others who have higher expectations. Such is life.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022 07:50 AM by Unbreakable04.)
10-30-2022 07:48 AM
Advertisement

tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

You are poison. Get some help.
10-30-2022 07:57 AM
griffin Offline
All American

(10-30-2022 07:57 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  

If this is the same Bathrub Gin on another sight, he posted a "FU RS" "Hope you die you piece of ^$&$ coach".

Posting things like that is taking it a bit too far. A friendly reminder to all of us, college sports is entertainment. Lets try and enjoy. Unless kids are tanking they are trying.
10-30-2022 08:05 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
03-no

Sad. I hope some of yall are starting to understand why. Ive been freaking out for so long .

Its all unfolding like i thought it would
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022 09:23 AM by shere khan.)
10-30-2022 08:22 AM
griffin Offline
All American

Memphis has not given up on P5 Status.
It does not look good yet we have been fighting for every dollar we have ever raised or be given by the city or state
This is nothing new for a school like Memphis or similar schools for that matter
We are unique, we have the second highest African American graduation rate in the country with a economically deprived fan base that is the single largest melting pot of SEC fans in the SE.
Our university is designed and was built for first time family degrees, for which endowments usually do not come. We are not those other universities we try and compare ourselves to.
We should and need to embrace who we are and build from there, learn how to use our strengths and not focus on our weaknesses.
We have huge battles in front of us.
The ship most likely has sailed on P5 for a lot of reasons, that does not mean it's impossible to get in yet the probability is low, very low. Yet we do not stop growing, we do not stop demanding we get the support we need.

In no way from any sane person in any executive position in the Athletic Department world would anyone consider replacing a coach like RS at this stage and as of "today". No agent worth their soul would send any of their guys to Memphis to get a job if indeed we did that "now". End of next year and things go south more than now, yes that's time to have a real discussion.
You guys may or may not be aware we were not overwhelmed with candidates at anytime we were looking for a FB or even a BB coach in any search over the past 20 or even 10 years. For some reason and I am one of them, I think we will get some incredible candidates, we never do - even the past searches of recent did not overwhelm anyone -yet we have been lucky as well.
Do we have the appetitive to buy out a coach at this stage 'no'...do we have the money to do so absolutely, positively without hesitation or reservation. Yet no one with that must jingle in his jangle is going to align with anyone threating RSs life and others who simply do not understand the true challenges with prematurely pulling a plug on a coach like RS when so much is good at this stage of the season.

It's real easy to say, lets do this and lets do that yet the residual waves left from such a move could resemble the TN searches of the past 20 years easily.

Fuente and MN were incredible coaches who coached and rose our program, neither of those two were tasked with "maintaining" a Cottonbowl program and one has already failed at his P5 attempt and burned a bridge so bad at his previous stop before that he would never be considered again - that is not a solid path nor good decision making for long term success. MN is struggling yet I have all the faith I could have in him. Hope he does well.

Let's see how the season plays out
We have a new DC, his first year.
We have a new OC, his first year.

I have zero idea how RS will work out yet I do know we will not be embarrassed in who he recruits or how he carries himself if indeed this does not work out. If he does not work out, RS has without a doubt proved Memphis can recruit in the top 50 of programs, which has never been accomplished before at Memphis. I applaud him for that.

PH deserves 10,000 minimum in the stands. He should never, ever have less.
10-30-2022 08:41 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
I think its fair to point out the decline of our program under Silverfield & to question if he is cut out to be the head coach. Thus far, his on field results have not been reassuring. Hopefully, UCF has to play their back up QB next week & we have an opportunity to beat them. It would be a big win for Silverfield & give up a better than average shot at making it back to 6-6.
10-30-2022 08:53 AM
Advertisement

griffin Offline
All American

(10-30-2022 08:53 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  I think its fair to point out the decline of our program under Silverfield & to question if he is cut out to be the head coach. Thus far, his on field results have not been reassuring. Hopefully, UCF has to play their back up QB next week & we have an opportunity to beat them. It would be a big win for Silverfield & give up a better than average shot at making it back to 6-6.

Back up QBs seem to play really well all the time vs us...all the way back to Houston about 8 or so years ago, don't know why.
10-30-2022 09:01 AM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(10-30-2022 08:05 AM)griffin Wrote:  
(10-30-2022 07:57 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  

If this is the same Bathrub Gin on another sight, he posted a "FU RS" "Hope you die you piece of ^$&$ coach".

Posting things like that is taking it a bit too far. A friendly reminder to all of us, college sports is entertainment. Lets try and enjoy. Unless kids are tanking they are trying.

The key thought here, and it is correct, it that it's entertainment.

The amount of importance and therefore dollars that are attached to it is beyond ridiculous. Why are college coaches paid 3-5 million per year? Why does NIL money even exist?

I am as guilty as most - so, no throwing stones in glass houses here - but how in the world did society let athletes, movie stars, and singers get,put on the pedastles they are on today??

Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube but I'd sure like to roll the clock back 40-50 years on the 'worship factor' associated with sports, college sports especially.

Look at all the money spent on facilities, salaries, SPORTS GAMBLING, and tickets / donations / concessions and think about how those funds could have been deployed in really important areas of need....
10-30-2022 09:09 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(10-30-2022 09:01 AM)griffin Wrote:  
(10-30-2022 08:53 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  I think its fair to point out the decline of our program under Silverfield & to question if he is cut out to be the head coach. Thus far, his on field results have not been reassuring. Hopefully, UCF has to play their back up QB next week & we have an opportunity to beat them. It would be a big win for Silverfield & give up a better than average shot at making it back to 6-6.

Back up QBs seem to play really well all the time vs us...all the way back to Houston about 8 or so years ago, don't know why.

We didn’t have an opportunity to game plan for the back up QB against Houston… Greg Ward was injured in the 1st Q. Silverfield has ALL week to prepare for the backup UCF QB. We should be able to shut them down.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022 09:28 AM by Marc Mensa.)
10-30-2022 09:27 AM
griffin Offline
All American

(10-30-2022 09:27 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(10-30-2022 09:01 AM)griffin Wrote:  

We didn’t have an opportunity to game plan for the back up QB against Houston… Greg Ward was injured in the 1st Q. Silverfield has ALL week to prepare for the backup UCF QB. We should be able to shut them down.

Wasn't Greg Ward at one time the back up too? I am thinking a long time ago he came in as a back up vs us, I could be wrong.

I also think of that 3rd string QB at Houston during Fuente's last season who came in and lit us up.
10-30-2022 09:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.