Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coaches' Shirts
Bookmark and Share
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Coaches' Shirts
Anyone know why the shirts/tops the coaches wear are not for sale? I have seen shirts over the years that I would love to have. I really like Coach Hammock's current black shirt with the NIU over an outline of Illinois. I believe it's an Adidas shirt. Last year, I saw a top worn by Coach Burno that was great. Yet, I never see these on sale. I think these would be good sellers over the same stuff that's always out there. Yet, you can never find them.

A few years ago, the basketball players wore warm-up T-shirts with the Huskie eyes like those on the court. I thought the shirt was fantastic, and yet it was never on sale anywhere. This is a money maker that is being passed up, IMO.
10-07-2022 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

RE: Coaches' Shirts
It's frustrating that NIU Athletics doesn't ensure stuff like this is available to the public. We have to see cool stuff available for a bunch of other G5 and P5 schools and we are stuck with DeKalb Walmart and NIU bookstore inventory.

My guess is the coaches and players get all the best stuff made just for them from Adidas for free as part of our Adidas contract.
10-07-2022 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(10-07-2022 09:54 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  It's frustrating that NIU Athletics doesn't ensure stuff like this is available to the public. We have to see cool stuff available for a bunch of other G5 and P5 schools and we are stuck with DeKalb Walmart and NIU bookstore inventory.

My guess is the coaches and players get all the best stuff made just for them from Adidas for free as part of our Adidas contract.

I think so. But, this is such a missed opportunity. When the coaches wear these shirts, this is pure marketing. Fans see this in person or on TV and may want to buy it. So, why not sell these shirts?
10-07-2022 09:59 AM
cornboy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU, Huskers
I agree! I keep looking online and can't find any of this Adidas gear. If they are going to make it why not just make at least a few hundred/thousand more for others to buy?? I thought the success of last year's season would prompt them to do this, but I guess not.

That said, if anyone ever sees any of this gear please share a link.
10-07-2022 10:54 AM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
This year's outfits are incredibly sharp. Especially the Adidas outfits with the fighting Huskie logo. Would LOVE to get my hands on some fresh threads like that.
10-07-2022 11:10 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(10-07-2022 11:10 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  This year's outfits are incredibly sharp. Especially the Adidas outfits with the fighting Huskie logo. Would LOVE to get my hands on some fresh threads like that.

That's the thing. You can't find any of these fresh threads anywhere. It's the same recycled stuff year after year. And when you look at the Adidas stuff on the Athletics website, it's the same shirts, tons of white stuff, and plain things. I check online retailers and, if they have anything, it's the same things. This has been a problem for many years. I remember going into VCB year after year and seeing the same things. So, I stopped buying after a while. When something new eventually came out, I grabbed it.
10-07-2022 11:16 AM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

I only wear clothes from the STF line of apparel only. I usually find that line at the Salvation Army.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2022 11:43 AM by Schaefer Beer.)
10-07-2022 11:42 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(10-07-2022 11:42 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  I only wear clothes from the STF line of apparel only. I usually find that line at the Salvation Army.

Well, who can blame you? STF is a natty dresser, whose clothes establish the local DeKalb fashion trend. His line of clothing is perfect for walking out onto the field, riding around in a golf cart, walking briskly by and ignoring mortal donors, or stopping to grab a hot dog or two. If you are lucky, you may find one of his shirts that still has a faint mustard stain!
10-07-2022 11:57 AM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(10-07-2022 11:57 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(10-07-2022 11:42 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  I only wear clothes from the STF line of apparel only. I usually find that line at the Salvation Army.

Well, who can blame you? STF is a natty dresser, whose clothes establish the local DeKalb fashion trend. His line of clothing is perfect for walking out onto the field, riding around in a golf cart, walking briskly by and ignoring mortal donors, or stopping to grab a hot dog or two. If you are lucky, you may find one of his shirts that still has a faint mustard stain!

That was funny, but I want to correct one thing, it should read "....Or stopping to grab the LAST hot dog or two."
10-07-2022 12:23 PM
Advertisement

holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
10-08-2022 10:12 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Our coaches don’t deserve school shirts this year. Just let them wear t-shirts and jeans…
10-08-2022 12:29 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

They can wear wife beaters and sweatpants…
10-08-2022 05:34 PM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(10-08-2022 05:34 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  They can wear wife beaters and sweatpants…

That's what I wear. What is wrong with that? There is nothing like wearing a Dago T with bottom of your belly exposed and hanging over your faded and well used Zubas while you are polishing your bowling trophies and eating a pot pie.
10-09-2022 09:16 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

Anyone seen this winter hat available for purchase and where?

[Image: Screenshot-20221009-124015.jpg]
10-09-2022 12:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Coaches' Shirts
(10-09-2022 12:49 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Anyone seen this winter hat available for purchase and where?

I did not go to yesterday’s game, but I think I may have seen something like that in the bookstore tent at the Vanderbilt game. If so, they would be available at the bookstore.
10-09-2022 01:22 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

(10-09-2022 01:22 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(10-09-2022 12:49 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Anyone seen this winter hat available for purchase and where?

I did not go to yesterday’s game, but I think I may have seen something like that in the bookstore tent at the Vanderbilt game. If so, they would be available at the bookstore.

Thanks, I'll have to try the bookstore next time. I don't recall seeing anything like that there a month ago but maybe they got some new winter apparel in stock.
10-09-2022 01:33 PM
pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
https://www.bkstr.com/niustore/shop/clot...n/hats-men

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-09-2022 01:52 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan

I saw something like this at Walmart — it was next to some Trump steaks and a few 5 dollar ties.
10-09-2022 05:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.