10-04-2022 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: On Again? Musk to buy Twitter
He's also in talks with the Rumble CEO about doing some stuff with them once this is settled.
10-04-2022 12:02 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Quote: If Musk is really taking this site private, there are no real guardrails anymore! Rulemaking can be capricious.

He can elevate ANY idea or person he wants through recommendations and UX choices and there will be no oversight on this as a private company!

— Ben Collins (@oneunderscore__) October 4, 2022

Wait! you mean, um just like Twitter does now, but just not choosing ONLY Democratic Party-approved/communist/leftist narratives? Musk would allow ACTUAL FREEDOM OF SPEECH on TWITTER??!! The HORROR!
10-04-2022 03:37 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(10-04-2022 03:37 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
Quote: If Musk is really taking this site private, there are no real guardrails anymore! Rulemaking can be capricious.

He can elevate ANY idea or person he wants through recommendations and UX choices and there will be no oversight on this as a private company!

Wait! you mean, um just like Twitter does now, but just not choosing ONLY Democratic Party-approved/communist/leftist narratives? Musk would allow ACTUAL FREEDOM OF SPEECH on TWITTER??!! The HORROR!

Oh my gosh, this would just be the kind of "freedom of speech" that Tennis doesn't like. He only likes the Demon(craptic) sort of free speech.
10-04-2022 06:56 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
He was going to lose his court case. He needed to do this.
10-04-2022 10:54 PM
BlueDragon Online
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(10-04-2022 10:54 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  He was going to lose his court case. He needed to do this.

Yes, it was widely speculated he would lose the court case. Who cares? It’s working out better for all Americans to have an avenue of REAL FREE SPEECH.

I’m sure Johnny FBI will be reading and raiding more. This country needs to disband these clowns.
10-04-2022 11:13 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(10-04-2022 03:37 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  

I think he needs to go the "reparations" route... you know, swing things so far the other way to make the leftists pay for their "past sins".
10-05-2022 08:10 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
So what are the chances the Orange Goblin dumps on his Truth Social investors and runs to back to Twitter at his first opportunity? I'll say near 100%.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2022 08:45 AM by TIGERCITY.)
10-05-2022 08:44 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Why do you care what Trump does to his investors? Are you one of them? What does Trump have to do with this? Oh wait, TDS is real. That's right.
10-05-2022 08:47 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Glad I bought twitter stock back in July, thank you Elon.
10-05-2022 08:55 AM
Bronco'14 Online
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Could be as soon as Friday.
10-05-2022 11:22 AM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

10-05-2022 11:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
https://apnews.com/hub/elon-musk

Quote:Report: Elon Musk plans to cut 75% of Twitter workforce

Quote:SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Elon Musk plans to lay off most of Twitter’s workforce if and when he becomes owner of the social media company, according to a report Thursday by The Washington Post.

Musk has told prospective investors in his Twitter purchase that he plans to cut nearly 75% of Twitter’s employee base of 7,500 workers, leaving the company with a skeleton crew, according to the report. The newspaper cited documents and unnamed sources familiar with the deliberations.

San Francisco-based Twitter and a representative for Musk attorney Alex Spiro did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

While job cuts have been expected regardless of the sale, the magnitude of Musk’s planned cuts are far more extreme than anything Twitter had planned. Musk himself has alluded to the need to cull some of the company’s staff in the past, but he hadn’t given a specific number — at least not publicly.

Quote:“A 75% headcount cut would indicate, at least out of the gates, stronger free cash flow and profitability, which would be attractive to investors looking to get in on the deal,” said Wedbush analyst Dan Ives. “That said, you can’t cut your way to growth.”

Ives added that such a drastic reduction in Twitter’s workforce would likely set the company back years.
10-21-2022 05:33 AM
Kyle Mack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati Bearcats
(10-21-2022 05:33 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  https://apnews.com/hub/elon-musk

Quote:Report: Elon Musk plans to cut 75% of Twitter workforce

Quote:SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Elon Musk plans to lay off most of Twitter’s workforce if and when he becomes owner of the social media company, according to a report Thursday by The Washington Post.

Musk has told prospective investors in his Twitter purchase that he plans to cut nearly 75% of Twitter’s employee base of 7,500 workers, leaving the company with a skeleton crew, according to the report. The newspaper cited documents and unnamed sources familiar with the deliberations.

San Francisco-based Twitter and a representative for Musk attorney Alex Spiro did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

While job cuts have been expected regardless of the sale, the magnitude of Musk’s planned cuts are far more extreme than anything Twitter had planned. Musk himself has alluded to the need to cull some of the company’s staff in the past, but he hadn’t given a specific number — at least not publicly.

Quote:“A 75% headcount cut would indicate, at least out of the gates, stronger free cash flow and profitability, which would be attractive to investors looking to get in on the deal,” said Wedbush analyst Dan Ives. “That said, you can’t cut your way to growth.”

Ives added that such a drastic reduction in Twitter’s workforce would likely set the company back years.

Hopefully they can learn how to code.
10-21-2022 05:43 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(10-21-2022 05:33 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  “A 75% headcount cut would indicate, at least out of the gates, stronger free cash flow and profitability, which would be attractive to investors looking to get in on the deal,” said Wedbush analyst Dan Ives. “That said, you can’t cut your way to growth.”

I am no expert on this - not even a novice.

How does this set them back? In general terms I understand the concept, but in reality it is a message board service. Unless you are talking about content sensors and it becoming the wild west - how does this et them back as noted above?
10-21-2022 08:00 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(10-21-2022 08:00 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(10-21-2022 05:33 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  “A 75% headcount cut would indicate, at least out of the gates, stronger free cash flow and profitability, which would be attractive to investors looking to get in on the deal,” said Wedbush analyst Dan Ives. “That said, you can’t cut your way to growth.”

How does this set them back? In general terms I understand the concept, but in reality it is a message board service. Unless you are talking about content sensors and it becoming the wild west - how does this et them back as noted above?
I'd bet my nuts they pay people who do nothing productive at all to oversee others who also get paid to do nothing at all.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
10-21-2022 08:14 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
For a company the size of Twitter you need all kinds of auxiliary positions.

Developer team
- new development
- bug testing
- bug fixing
- software architects
- user interface team
Network team
- firewalls
- switches
- routers
- network architects
Server team
- hardware engineers
- virtual machine engineers
- hardware/server architects
Security team
- analysts reviewing alerts and logs
- security architects making sure you design secure data pathways/storage, etc.
- engineers running the different security tools that are there to protect the servers (IDR, Anti-Virus, etc.)
HR
Accounting
Payroll
Ad sales

It adds up very quickly to a large number of people. Twitter has people looking for vulnerabilities to exploit at all times. You have to have people dedicated to protect your IP or you'll end up out of business before you know it. Nobody wants to be the next Solarwinds, or to have a ransomware attack on your network. It would be embarrassing and it would likely cause a mass exodus of users in the case of Twitter, Facebook, or other social media platforms.

I'd guess Musk finds a place somewhere in the middle in terms of layoffs. 75% seems to not be sustainable, and likely would cause a huge exodus of talent that is not easy to recruit already.
10-21-2022 08:22 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(10-21-2022 08:14 AM)maximus Wrote:  
(10-21-2022 08:00 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

I'd bet my nuts they pay people who do nothing productive at all to oversee others who also get paid to do nothing at all.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
Yep. Hippie Corporation.
10-21-2022 08:26 AM
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Watching the looney far-left nut jobs tweet their reactions to Musk buying Twitter is must read entertainment. All because Musk is opening the platform back up to free speech. Why does free speech scare these Twitter types so much?

Are they worried there might be constructive discussion about issues? Why are those in power so concerned about controlling the narrative? Is it because they can’t defend their position or is it because they know it’s BS? Probably a little of both.

I learned a long time ago how to look for key words in a article or statement to discern what the true idea or spin the writer was attempting to convey.

Just this morning I saw an ABC News piece with this title:

“Tulsi Gabbard campaigns for election denier Kari Lake in Arizona”

If you’re a Conservative, not a Republican, you’ll admit Fox News, Breitbart and other Republican leaning sites use the same time type writing to illicit a certain response.

That’s the problem with Twitter now. So many there have lived in a bubble so long, and have been fed this type BS, they have a difficult time discerning the truth.

I welcome what Musk is attempting to do. I never thought I would see the day a South African / Canadian immigrant would be the biggest voice for free speech in the US.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2022 09:24 AM by CardinalJim.)
10-21-2022 09:23 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(10-21-2022 08:22 AM)mlb Wrote:  For a company the size of Twitter you need all kinds of auxiliary positions.

Developer team
- new development
- bug testing
- bug fixing
- software architects
- user interface team
Network team
- firewalls
- switches
- routers
- network architects
Server team
- hardware engineers
- virtual machine engineers
- hardware/server architects
Security team
- analysts reviewing alerts and logs
- security architects making sure you design secure data pathways/storage, etc.
- engineers running the different security tools that are there to protect the servers (IDR, Anti-Virus, etc.)
HR
Accounting
Payroll
Ad sales

It adds up very quickly to a large number of people. Twitter has people looking for vulnerabilities to exploit at all times. You have to have people dedicated to protect your IP or you'll end up out of business before you know it. Nobody wants to be the next Solarwinds, or to have a ransomware attack on your network. It would be embarrassing and it would likely cause a mass exodus of users in the case of Twitter, Facebook, or other social media platforms.

I'd guess Musk finds a place somewhere in the middle in terms of layoffs. 75% seems to not be sustainable, and likely would cause a huge exodus of talent that is not easy to recruit already.

They employee 7500 people. You could pull off all of the IT requirements with 1%-2% of that number.
10-21-2022 09:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.