Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arkansas Sate: Roll Call
Bookmark and Share
Deacon Danny Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU
Arkansas Sate: Roll Call
Anyone headed to Jonesboro this weekend? There will be a Duke Club Social on Saturday before the game (moved from Friday night). Looks like beautiful weather on Friday and Saturday. Heading down solo, would love to meet up with folks that are making the trek.
10-03-2022 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
RE: Arkansas Sate: Roll Call
(10-03-2022 10:31 AM)Deacon Danny Wrote:  Anyone headed to Jonesboro this weekend? There will be a Duke Club Social on Saturday before the game (moved from Friday night). Looks like beautiful weather on Friday and Saturday. Heading down solo, would love to meet up with folks that are making the trek.

I don’t know where you reside, but +1 for rooting hard enough to go to Jonesboro!
10-03-2022 02:22 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
i might go down from chicago...will PM you if so!
10-03-2022 02:42 PM
14SemesterDuke Offline
1st String

Would love to go, but not in the cards this time around.
10-03-2022 02:58 PM
arlingtonduke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU DUkes
My wife and I are going down, flying into Memphis and staying there Friday night, driving to Jonesboro Sat morning.
10-03-2022 05:03 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Unfortunately I have to work in the Mountains to complete a project this weekend. Would have been nice to visit Memphis and check out the music scene and the BBQ, but it will have to wait until the next time.

With the remoteness and pure distance of this game, it may realistically be an all-time low for JMU fan attendance. The Dukes will need to create their own energy
10-03-2022 07:33 PM
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
(10-03-2022 07:33 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  With the remoteness and pure distance of this game, it may realistically be an all-time low for JMU fan attendance. The Dukes will need to create their own energy

If I were a betting man I'd bet this will be the poorest away attendance of the season but I'll never bet against the Dukes.
10-03-2022 08:35 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2022 08:35 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  
(10-03-2022 07:33 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  With the remoteness and pure distance of this game, it may realistically be an all-time low for JMU fan attendance. The Dukes will need to create their own energy

If I were a betting man I'd bet this will be the poorest away attendance of the season but I'll never bet against the Dukes.

Probably so due to distance. Too bad, as it looks like a cool stadium with the waterfalls in the endzone.
https://www.aquaticcs.com/gallery-commer...adium.html
10-03-2022 08:48 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

Had originally planned on going, but our Fall Festival is this weekend and my company is involved in it. Definitely want to go when we return in two years. Will make the trip to Louisville.
10-03-2022 09:10 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2022 09:10 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  Had originally planned on going, but our Fall Festival is this weekend and my company is involved in it. Definitely want to go when we return in two years. Will make the trip to Louisville.

Playing 2 out of 7 cross division teams each year, wouldn't it be at least 3 years until we see them again? Would think next time they will visit BFS. So it may be closer to 6 or 7 years until we return to Arkansas St.
10-03-2022 09:19 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I'll be there...to root for your ultimate failure.

Okay, seriously, if you guys need any suggestions on places to eat etc, let me know.
10-03-2022 09:42 PM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2022 08:48 PM)olddawg Wrote:  

03-shhhh

Probably so due to distance. Too bad, as it looks like a cool stadium with the waterfalls in the endzone.

I must admit the waterfalls are better than the pee-wall at UD’s stadium. Easier to use too (if your seats are located nearby).

No, no, no. It’s a dry county. I’m not suggesting a drunk fan would try anything like that. 03-lmfao
10-04-2022 04:56 AM
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
(10-04-2022 04:56 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  

03-shhhh

I must admit the waterfalls are better than the pee-wall at UD’s stadium. Easier to use too (if your seats are located nearby).

No, no, no. It’s a dry county. I’m not suggesting a drunk fan would try anything like that. 03-lmfao

I heard Deez Nuts once peed at his seat in Frisco!
10-04-2022 12:52 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
(10-04-2022 12:52 PM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  

03-shhhh

you'd think grown men would have more sense than that
10-04-2022 02:21 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2022 02:21 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  
(10-04-2022 12:52 PM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  
(10-03-2022 08:35 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  If I were a betting man I'd bet this will be the poorest away attendance of the season but I'll never bet against the Dukes.
03-shhhh

you'd think grown men would have more sense than that

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
10-04-2022 03:08 PM
14SemesterDuke Offline
1st String

Frisco was a mad house. I blame no one for preventing standing in those atrocious bathroom lines. In fact, I pissed in a utility closet that was unlocked next to the bathrooms. No shame.

I also paid the beer dude via Venmo for like 8 beers at a time. Texas - wild and free.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2022 04:31 PM by 14SemesterDuke.)
10-05-2022 04:31 PM
Advertisement

asuato Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Stroll through tailgate city for those coming. . You are sure to be fed well.
10-05-2022 05:34 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I’ll be in Memphis for a niece’s wedding and reception Saturday afternoon. The last of my siblings children to get married. Raised the thought with my wife about trying to drive the 1.5 hours (one way) to Jonesboro for the game, and then drive back to Memphis where we have our hotel reservations. Given the potential “celebrating” at the reception decided instead to stay in Memphis and watch the game on the NFL network.

So close, and yet so far.
10-06-2022 05:39 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-06-2022 05:39 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  I’ll be in Memphis for a niece’s wedding and reception Saturday afternoon. The last of my siblings children to get married. Raised the thought with my wife about trying to drive the 1.5 hours (one way) to Jonesboro for the game, and then drive back to Memphis where we have our hotel reservations. Given the potential “celebrating” at the reception decided instead to stay in Memphis and watch the game on the NFL network.

Depending on where you are in Memphis, the drive is an hour or so. Its all freeway now, so not bad overall.
10-06-2022 08:22 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-06-2022 05:39 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  I’ll be in Memphis for a niece’s wedding and reception Saturday afternoon. The last of my siblings children to get married. Raised the thought with my wife about trying to drive the 1.5 hours (one way) to Jonesboro for the game, and then drive back to Memphis where we have our hotel reservations. Given the potential “celebrating” at the reception decided instead to stay in Memphis and watch the game on the NFL network.

That's so disappointing when you're that close.
10-06-2022 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.