Exclamation BVP Rice Game Recap
10-01-2022 10:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
RE: BVP Rice Game Recap
Dead on comments guys. I agree 100% about Collier, John. The fact that he was back on the field after the first play of the 2nd half speaks volumes about this staff. You and Darion tell it like it is and this wrap up should be required listening by our AD, team, staff, and entire fan base.

Zero leadership and zero character by the Blazers tonight. We have a serious culture problem in our football program and the only solution is a new staff.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2022 11:51 PM by BlazerGreen.)
10-01-2022 11:46 PM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Darion said it best. When we lose, can it just be because we played an equally or more talented opponent. In so many of our losses it just feels like we beat ourselves due to our stupid, 100% preventable mistakes. I get that this happens to teams from time to time, but it is a trend for us to the point where it has become part of our identity. That starts at the top.
10-02-2022 05:20 AM
Ranger1386c Offline
Special Teams

Losing to better teams is not fun but understandable. Repeatedly underachieving against less talented teams, and doing so without class, is unacceptable.
10-02-2022 07:33 AM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Some posters have given the team a pass on their undisciplined play because the team plays an aggressive brand of football. The majority of knowledgeable posters believe you can play aggressive without being undisciplined. Welp....
10-02-2022 07:40 AM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
(10-02-2022 07:40 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Some posters have given the team a pass on their undisciplined play because the team plays an aggressive brand of football. The majority of knowledgeable posters believe you can play aggressive without being undisciplined. Welp....

My favorite is when some say, “maybe we should just go back to the days of being a nice team, like under Callaway”, like there’s no in between.
10-02-2022 11:17 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

(10-02-2022 11:17 AM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  
(10-02-2022 07:40 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Some posters have given the team a pass on their undisciplined play because the team plays an aggressive brand of football. The majority of knowledgeable posters believe you can play aggressive without being undisciplined. Welp....

My favorite is when some say, “maybe we should just go back to the days of being a nice team, like under Callaway”, like there’s no in between.

Anybody that defends Vincent or supports retaining this staff is beyond clueless. We can win and also have class and discipline. Suggesting otherwise is utter bull****.
10-02-2022 11:22 AM
Advertisement

rook360 Offline
All American

(10-02-2022 11:22 AM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(10-02-2022 11:17 AM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  

Anybody that defends Vincent or supports retaining this staff is beyond clueless. We can win and also have class and discipline. Suggesting otherwise is utter bull****.

I'm kinda partial to the defensive staff. Can we keep them?
10-02-2022 03:25 PM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
defense staff is good but the offense and the special team are pathetic ..and the HC doesnt know how to use a TO
he did that against Liberty and RICE
10-02-2022 05:09 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

We appreciate all of you for listening and hopefully we helped you get your frustrations out with us. BVP will always be authentic.
10-02-2022 05:10 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

(10-02-2022 05:10 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  We appreciate all of you for listening and hopefully we helped you get your frustrations out with us. BVP will always be authentic.

Great job. That's what this program and fan base need, straight talk. No sugarcoating.
10-02-2022 05:14 PM
The Answer UAB Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Yeah I appreciated how honest ya'll were. Last night was pathetic.

I'll be honest, last year I thought ya'll were a little homerish and didn't hold Bill Clark accountable for some similar games to last night, and specifically the 4th and inches decision and late game debacle against UTSA.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2022 05:22 PM by The Answer UAB.)
10-02-2022 05:21 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

(10-02-2022 05:21 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Yeah I appreciated how honest ya'll were. Last night was pathetic.

I'll be honest, last year I thought ya'll were a little homerish and didn't hold Bill Clark accountable for some similar games to last night, and specifically the 4th and inches decision and late game debacle against UTSA.

I attribute that to Irvine. He's worked for UAB and isn't going to be critical. Read his wrap up of the game as a contrast. You won't get any real talk from Steve, he's a beat writer at heart. He's basically an extension of the SID. Darion isn't afraid to tell it like it is and understands when it's time for the stick.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2022 05:33 PM by BlazerGreen.)
10-02-2022 05:31 PM
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
(10-02-2022 05:21 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Yeah I appreciated how honest ya'll were. Last night was pathetic.

I think the instant reaction also lends itself to a bit more authentic emotion.
Not to say that they weren't authentic last year, but I know that my highs are a little less high and my lows are a little less low after a good nights sleep

(But I REALLY like to hear the reactions NOT on a good nights sleep)
10-02-2022 05:40 PM
Ranger1386c Offline
Special Teams

We have been out coached in the second half of every game except the first and have thus lost to two solid teams with less talent and superior coaching and team discipline. We seem to lose every halftime adjustment.

Our defense looks almost as good as ever, with maybe the exception of a less consistent pass rush.

But the offense is wildly inconsistent and continues to be extremely predictable and undisciplined and clearly lacked any semblance of poise in the final drive. A 21st century offense would be a welcome advancement for 2023, whoever the head coach may be.

And Vincent has inherited the persistent Clark weakness of not being aggressive and going for the jugular when he has a lead and the last possession of the first half. Bringing in Zeno at that point last night killed the offensive momentum. Hopkins was finally finding a rhythm throwing the ball for the first time this season and they sat him down to give Zeno a series. I like Zeno but have seen nothing yet that suggests he is ready to take over the offense. On the road with a 10 point lead, you ride the momentum for another score before the half.

Of course we opened the second half with a thug play after the whistle and gave Rice the second half momentum launch in that one play. Not sure why UAB didn’t put that guy on the bench. Stupidest play I’ve seen in a long time and it cost us dearly. Allowing stupid does not foster a winning culture, nor does it represent UAB well.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2022 08:00 PM by Ranger1386c.)
10-02-2022 07:58 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

(10-02-2022 07:58 PM)Ranger1386c Wrote:  We have been out coached in the second half of every game except the first and have thus lost to two solid teams with less talent and superior coaching and team discipline. We seem to lose every halftime adjustment.

Our defense looks almost as good as ever, with maybe the exception of a less consistent pass rush.

But the offense is wildly inconsistent and continues to be extremely predictable and undisciplined and clearly lacked any semblance of poise in the final drive. A 21st century offense would be a welcome advancement for 2023, whoever the head coach may be.

And Vincent has inherited the persistent Clark weakness of not being aggressive and going for the jugular when he has a lead and the last possession of the first half. Bringing in Zeno at that point last night killed the offensive momentum. Hopkins was finally finding a rhythm throwing the ball for the first time this season and they sat him down to give Zeno a series. I like Zeno but have seen nothing yet that suggests he is ready to take over the offense. On the road with a 10 point lead, you ride the momentum for another score before the half.

Of course we opened the second half with a thug play after the whistle and gave Rice the second half momentum launch in that one play. Not sure why UAB didn’t put that guy on the bench. Stupidest play I’ve seen in a long time and it cost us dearly. Allowing stupid does not foster a winning culture, nor does it represent UAB well.

As I said in another thread, there is rot in our football programs culture. It's been there for years and that play was perfectly symbolic. That's why we need to clean house and build a winning program that also has class and character.
10-02-2022 08:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.