UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBR: Tua suffers head and neck injury and it was freakish!
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
NBR: Tua suffers head and neck injury and it was freakish!
He was thrown to the ground and the back of his head hit the ground pretty hard. What was scary was his fingers were contorted and locked up as he laid on the ground. I've never seen anything like that before.

https://youtu.be/EPbg_KIyUko
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2022 09:07 PM by HiddenDragon.)
09-29-2022 09:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: NBR: Tua suffers head and neck injury and it was freakish!
Yeah the NFL will have some explaining to do because he basically had a concussion last week. I feel for the young man but I think he was frozen when he hit the ground while gripping the ball but the ball came out...that's the only thing I can think of as to why his hands were in that awkward position. Most receivers get concussions in vulnerable catch positions their hands are some frozen in that last position right before the trauma.
09-29-2022 10:45 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
I think the Dolphins medical doctor is going to catch a case with this because we all know chit rolls down the hill and lowest man on the totem pole gets the blame.
09-30-2022 07:22 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
He didn't basically have a concussion, he had a concussion. He was cleared by his team doctors and an independent doctor somehow. This nonsense about the his back being injured and throwing his equilibrium off is crazy. The fact that he got knocked out again last night probably had a lot to do with what happened the week before. The NFL needs to look into exactly what happened, and they need to slam the Dolphins.
09-30-2022 07:48 AM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
(09-30-2022 07:48 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  He didn't basically have a concussion, he had a concussion. He was cleared by his team doctors and an independent doctor somehow. This nonsense about the his back being injured and throwing his equilibrium off is crazy. The fact that he got knocked out again last night probably had a lot to do with what happened the week before. The NFL needs to look into exactly what happened, and they need to slam the Dolphins.

The only way the Dolphins should be slammed is if the independent neurologist said Tua shouldn’t play or had a concussion the other day, and they said, “Screw you, he’s playing.” If he cleared protocol and was said to be good to go, Miami was just following the advice of the independent neurologist, which is what they’re supposed to do.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2022 08:51 AM by Blazer4Life14.)
09-30-2022 08:39 AM
C-Finder Offline
All American

I wanted to embed the clip to this site but the Shield blocked it 03-pissed

Get well Tua
09-30-2022 09:24 AM
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

All involved including the coach need to be canned. The coach should have made a judgement call and held him out of that game. He shouldn't play anymore this year (go ir but get full salary) otherwise some how some way lawsuits should be filed up and down the coast.
09-30-2022 10:13 AM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

(09-30-2022 10:13 AM)kdblazer Wrote:  All involved including the coach need to be canned. The coach should have made a judgement call and held him out of that game. He shouldn't play anymore this year (go ir but get full salary) otherwise some how some way lawsuits should be filed up and down the coast.

So the coaches know more than the neurologists? That’s ultimately what’s being said here.

I know it’s the trend to jump on the outrage train and want people fired/cancelled, but assuming the Dolphins listened to the doctors, there’s no blame on them. Place the blame on the NFL and its concussion protocol.
09-30-2022 10:51 AM
kdblazer Offline
All American

(09-30-2022 10:51 AM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  
(09-30-2022 10:13 AM)kdblazer Wrote:  All involved including the coach need to be canned. The coach should have made a judgement call and held him out of that game. He shouldn't play anymore this year (go ir but get full salary) otherwise some how some way lawsuits should be filed up and down the coast.

So the coaches know more than the neurologists? That’s ultimately what’s being said here.

I know it’s the trend to jump on the outrage train and want people fired/cancelled, but assuming the Dolphins listened to the doctors, there’s no blame on them. Place the blame on the NFL and its concussion protocol.
No, but the Coach saw what happened last week so even with medical clearance there should have been some caution. They should clean house...that wasn't a good look especially now that we are more knowledgeable about brain trauma. So if you're a coach you have to care about the person first...then the player second.
09-30-2022 10:58 AM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

Head are gonna roll for this!

(is it too soon?)
09-30-2022 11:11 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
A couple of points..

Tua definitely had a concussion the week before. Same mechanism of injury, typical concussion symptoms, etc. Maybe his symptoms cleared up quickly and/or he was cleared by the doctors and the protocol, but he definitely had a concussion.

Last night looked like a severe TBI patient to me. He was posturing/having involuntary movements of his extremities. I am actually kind of shocked he improved so quickly and was able to leave the hospital. Similar to this: https://www.flintrehab.com/posturing-bra...0outcomes.

But anyways, yes someone is going to get their ass handed to them for this.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2022 11:17 AM by The Answer UAB.)
09-30-2022 11:14 AM
Advertisement

Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

(09-30-2022 10:58 AM)kdblazer Wrote:  
(09-30-2022 10:51 AM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  

No, but the Coach saw what happened last week so even with medical clearance there should have been some caution. They should clean house...that wasn't a good look especially now that we are more knowledgeable about brain trauma. So if you're a coach you have to care about the person first...then the player second.

If you watched the press conference after Sunday’s game, McDaniel was concerned and thought it was a head injury at first. But both the neurologist and Tua told him it wasn’t. So if they both say he’s fine, and Tua is comfortable with playing, what more can the coach do? Now, if neurologist said he wasn’t good, or Tua said he wanted to sit out, then yes, heads should absolutely roll. But McDaniel was following the advice of the doctor (which again, he is supposed to do) and listened to Tua, so there shouldn’t be any blame on him. And for the record, after the game, Tua seemed pretty normal and he had a pretty good second half of the game. And there was a QB sneak prior to the hit where Tua’s back got bent in a really awkward way. I’m not saying that it wasn’t a head injury, it may have been, it may not have been, but I will take into account those facts as much as him being wobbly on the field. And it’s not crazy to think that the hit he took last night was solely responsible for what happened. He basically got suplexed by a 260+ pound man and landed on his head/neck.
09-30-2022 11:16 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(09-30-2022 08:39 AM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  
(09-30-2022 07:48 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  He didn't basically have a concussion, he had a concussion. He was cleared by his team doctors and an independent doctor somehow. This nonsense about the his back being injured and throwing his equilibrium off is crazy. The fact that he got knocked out again last night probably had a lot to do with what happened the week before. The NFL needs to look into exactly what happened, and they need to slam the Dolphins.

The only way the Dolphins should be slammed is if the independent neurologist said Tua shouldn’t play or had a concussion the other day, and they said, “Screw you, he’s playing.” If he cleared protocol and was said to be good to go, Miami was just following the advice of the independent neurologist, which is what they’re supposed to do.

I believe in the nfl if you have a concussion you are done for the day at minimum. I’m not a doctor, but I have seen concussions many times in sports. If Tua did not have a concussion, that was the rarest of occasions, because his body language was on the severe end of concussions to my untrained eye.

Players are supposed to clear team doctors and an independent doctor. I have no idea how he did either. If you believe everything was somehow on the up and up here, you have way more faith in humanity than I do.
09-30-2022 11:34 AM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

(09-30-2022 11:34 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

I believe in the nfl if you have a concussion you are done for the day at minimum. I’m not a doctor, but I have seen concussions many times in sports. If Tua did not have a concussion, that was the rarest of occasions, because his body language was on the severe end of concussions to my untrained eye.

Players are supposed to clear team doctors and an independent doctor. I have no idea how he did either. If you believe everything was somehow on the up and up here, you have way more faith in humanity than I do.

I’m blaming the NFL and it’s concussion protocols, assuming the Dolphins followed procedure. The only way the Dolphins should be blamed is if they went against what the independent neurologist said or if they somehow went around the protocol.
09-30-2022 11:43 AM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
WOW just look at the video
Helmet need to be better and field need better padding ,,,,he just got KO like any boxer or mma fighter
09-30-2022 12:21 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Yeah I'm blaming the NFL concussion protocol as well. I'm not sure what you expect the coach to do if the NFL and team medical doctors cleared Tua to play.

Tua also bear some responsibility if he knew he wasn't 100% ok.
09-30-2022 12:23 PM
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
Players want to play ,,,at that time of his life he doesnt know better ....if the nfl have a protocol ,,,,,,they need to use it ,,if not why to have a protocol
09-30-2022 12:49 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
I remember from the 80's or 90's a hit on Don Beebe I think, where he just got hammered & the way his body contorted during the time he was out of it.
09-30-2022 01:01 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(09-30-2022 11:43 AM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  
(09-30-2022 11:34 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

I’m blaming the NFL and it’s concussion protocols, assuming the Dolphins followed procedure. The only way the Dolphins should be blamed is if they went against what the independent neurologist said or if they somehow went around the protocol.

If there is truly an "independent" doctor who cleared him, we need to look at who this is and how he cleared Tua. The reason I'm blaming the Dolphins in all of this is I'm guessing they applied some kind of pressure on these doctors to clear him.
09-30-2022 01:19 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(09-30-2022 12:49 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  Players want to play ,,,at that time of his life he doesnt know better ....if the nfl have a protocol ,,,,,,they need to use it ,,if not why to have a protocol

I agree. I will add that I while I do not place blame on the HC, I believe the team is sorta hanging him out to dry because he shouldn't be the spokesperson for Tua's health concerns. The Dolphins and the NFL need to make the people who decided Tua was ok to play available to the media to answer questions.
09-30-2022 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.