UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB Announces "UAB Local Exchange" to Enhance NIL Efforts
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
UAB Announces "UAB Local Exchange" to Enhance NIL Efforts
https://uabsports.com/news/2022/9/29/gen...forts.aspx

Glad to see we're finally making a consolidated NIL platform. Hopefully this will help recruiting.
09-29-2022 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

RE: UAB Announces "UAB Local Exchange" to Enhance NIL Efforts
Soooo.... what about the other group. Will there be two separate or will they combine?
09-29-2022 04:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
screaminblazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Blazers!!!!!
My younger brother just co-authored a book on NIL with the University of Virginia. It’s really interesting for college athletes and others. You can check it out here: https://a.co/d/93jsVqd

From my brother, the author:

“My first book is now available on Amazon with deliveries starting later this month. I co-authored "Athlete Brands: How to Benefit from Your Name, Image, and Likeness" with University of Virginia Darden School of Business marketing professor Kimberly A. Whitler. Kim is a branding expert and former chief marketing officer, and we tap her branding knowledge to teach student-athletes how to develop a personal brand that helps them achieve their goals.

How can you help?

1. Buy a copy: If the book could help you, a friend or family member, or you're just feeling generous, please buy a copy (or a few). You can pre-order it here: https://lnkd.in/esywQHYZ

Let me add: This book is NOT just for high-level student-athletes inking NIL deals. It's a great way to introduce any high school or college athlete to personal branding concepts that will help them understand how to build a reputation in the digital and real worlds that advances their goals. It's for coaches, athletics directors, parents and others who want to help student-athletes protect their reputations and focus on what's important, rather than distractions like quick social media gratification. It's for marketing professors who need content to teach students about athlete marketing and branding.

And if you are a small business owner or Uber driver or fitness instructor or do anything in which your reputation is key, the lessons and exercises in this book apply directly to you. In that case, all the talk about sports and athletes is just an analogy for your profession.”
09-30-2022 02:25 AM
jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-29-2022 04:50 PM)ICB Wrote:  Soooo.... what about the other group. Will there be two separate or will they combine?

That group was solely for basketball I thought
09-30-2022 03:17 PM
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

(09-30-2022 03:17 PM)jaymay2525 Wrote:  
(09-29-2022 04:50 PM)ICB Wrote:  Soooo.... what about the other group. Will there be two separate or will they combine?

No it was for both, I have a recurring donation set up for both.
09-30-2022 07:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blazernation921 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-30-2022 07:03 PM)ICB Wrote:  

Same here! As I understand, the one you're referring to, uabcollectives.com, is a crowd funding source for NIL and has the Southside Solution fund for basketball, and Forged in Fire fund for footbaĺl. Collectives will likely form an integral part of total funding and allow average fan to contribute.

From reading the article, it looks like UAB is implementing this to partner up the NIL sources (including the collective) with student athletes.
For me, it's really exciting to see UAB take this step because it means there is a commitment to making those connections as easy as possible.
10-01-2022 08:52 AM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
(09-30-2022 07:03 PM)ICB Wrote:  

It was originally only for men's basketball (The Southside Solution). They recently added a separate fund for football (Forged in Fire Fund). They are building two pools of money in exchange for connections to Men's Basketball and Football athletes, as well as promised "Members" only events.

As long as this group only uses these funds for NIL type functions with current student athletes this type of NIL group is allowable. IF they ever use a penny of these to entice a recruit to sign with the school it would step over the line regarding alumni being prohibited from recruiting activities. The Transitions Committee of the NCAA has confirmed this prohibition is being maintained within the new NCAA constitution going forward.

https://www.uabcollectives.com/

The newest entry (The UAB Local Exchange) is simply a clearing house to connect business, alumni and other individuals with any UAB athlete for the purposes of initiating NIL deals. It does not involve any exchange of money with the exchange.

https://dash.inflcr.com/exchange/the-uni...birmingham
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2022 10:11 AM by blazerjay.)
10-01-2022 10:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.