Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
09-27-2022 03:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Nord Stream Pipelines Attacked
(09-27-2022 03:06 PM)maximus Wrote:  Did I miss the thread on this?

This could literally start WW3

Who will do anything about it?
Answer: No one The West is run by Betas.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022 03:13 PM by Eagleaidaholic.)
09-27-2022 03:08 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(09-27-2022 03:08 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  

Who will do anything about?

It’s a bit early from what I’ve seen to say it was attacked.
09-27-2022 03:11 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(09-27-2022 03:11 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

Smoke / Fire
09-27-2022 03:29 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I'm a little behind on the backstory/history here.

People think it was who, Russia? To what end? What do they have to gain? (Honestly asking because I have no idea about who owns what/where/etc.)
09-27-2022 03:32 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

I dont think so. Three huge leaks split among two different pipelines in three different places all in one day? It was clearly attacked. Im just not sure who had the best motivation to take it out. It could be the Russians as they want to undermine the West economically---but would like to have plausible deniability---though it takes away their best bargaining chip. Could be Ukraine---as the pipeline being out of commission makes the Russian gas issue irrelevant in the decision to support Ukraine or not during the winter. I dont see any real upside for the US---but I suppose they might have done it for the same reason as the Ukrainians. I dont see any real reason for the Europeans to do it. Long term----it probably doesnt matter. The EU is leaving Russian gas and it is never going to count on that nation for any critical economic component every again.

Another option is it is a warning to Putin against continuing to escalate in Ukraine. It could be a not so suble warning that any escalation in Ukraine will result in attacks on soft target Russian infrastructure with huge economic implications that can be hit in ways that leave Putin no real way to retaliate.

FYI---the way I understand it, the leaks are in water around 260-360 feet---so thats technologically within the capabilities of many nations and private contractors.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022 03:54 PM by Attackcoog.)
09-27-2022 03:39 PM
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
I don't buy that Russia did it because they could just literally turn off the gas. Why damage the pipeline? Possible Ukraine did it. Or an environmental terrorist group maybe? Who knows. Quo bono?
09-27-2022 04:28 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
[Image: original_Nordstream.jpg?1664306255]
BREAKING: European officials say 'sabotage' likely cause of suspicious Nord Stream leaks

Quote:On Tuesday, Swedish and Danish authorities reported three leaks in pipelines running under the Baltic Sea from Russia to Germany, two in Nord Stream I, and another in Nord Stream II.

Leaders of Denmark, Germany, and Poland have since come out suggesting the leaks were not accidental, rather, they were likely the result of “sabotage.”

According to the Financial Times, leaders pointed to the number of leaks and geopolitical situation surrounding the pipelines when making their assessment.

Danish prime minister Mette Frederiksen noted that while “it is too early to conclude” whether the incidents were acts of sabotage, “there are three leaks and therefore it is difficult to imagine that it could be accidental.”

German officials echoed Frederiksen’s statements, adding that Russian involvement “could not be excluded” as a possibility.

Polish prime minister Mateusz Morawiecki said “We don’t know all the details of what happened, but we see clearly that it’s an act of sabotage related to the next step of escalation of the situation in Ukraine.

Following a discussion with Frederiksen, European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen put out a statement on Twitter decrying the act of "sabotage."

Paramount to now investigate the incidents, get full clarity on events & why" she wrote, adding that, "Any deliberate disruption of active European energy infrastructure is unacceptable & will lead to the strongest possible response."

The cause of the leaks is not yet known, however the Swedish Seismology Centre recorded two “explosions” on Monday near the site of the incidents just off the Danish island of Bornholm.

As the Financial Times points out, the leaks come on the same day that Norway opened a brand new pipeline to Poland in an attempt to provide an alternative to Russian energy.

09-27-2022 04:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-27-2022 03:29 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

Smoke / Fire

ask oneself this ... if I'm going to play 'sabotage'?!

#infrastructure

most dipshites don't understand 'fragility' ... me, I hope the those fkrs choke on their own phlegm and engage...

TB4E ... see how easy that was to 'release' ... 03-wink
09-27-2022 04:44 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(09-27-2022 04:28 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  I don't buy that Russia did it because they could just literally turn off the gas. Why damage the pipeline? Possible Ukraine did it. Or an environmental terrorist group maybe? Who knows. Quo bono?

Because they dont have to admit that they are the ones that turned off the gas. They can blame the damage to the pipeline on anyone they like. Remember---prior to today---the Russians have maintained that the reason the gas was off was due to a pipeline problem. Im sure there are some fairly massive financial implications to unilaterally just failing to deliver gas per the contract that a "pipeline problem" allows them to avoid.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022 05:04 PM by Attackcoog.)
09-27-2022 04:45 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(09-27-2022 04:45 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(09-27-2022 04:28 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  I don't buy that Russia did it because they could just literally turn off the gas. Why damage the pipeline? Possible Ukraine did it. Or an environmental terrorist group maybe? Who knows. Quo bono?

Because they dont have to admit that they are the ones that turned off the gas. They can blame the damage to the pipeline on anyone they like. Remember---prior to today---the Russians have maintained that the reason the gas was off was due to a pipeline problem. Im sure there are some fairly massive financial implications to unilaterally just failing to deliver gas per the contract that a "pipeline problem" allows them to avoid.

Wrong again.

It gives the EU and their German overlords
casus belli to get the gas they always wanted by force.

You can telll me I called it from far away later

07-coffee3

Russia had reason to fear Nato and the EU all along.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022 06:01 PM by shere khan.)
09-27-2022 05:48 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

(09-27-2022 05:48 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Wrong again.

casus belli and get the gas they always wanted by force.

07-coffee3

shhhhhhhhhhhhh ... you're going to the world of Todor, now...

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... fk the EU and fk the Ukraine ... I can't wait for dipshite Kilmeade to show up in Brandon, MS this Nov ... you just might see nuts zongo go viral....
09-27-2022 05:56 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(09-27-2022 03:39 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

I dont think so. Three huge leaks split among two different pipelines in three different places all in one day? It was clearly attacked. Im just not sure who had the best motivation to take it out. It could be the Russians as they want to undermine the West economically---but would like to have plausible deniability---though it takes away their best bargaining chip. Could be Ukraine---as the pipeline being out of commission makes the Russian gas issue irrelevant in the decision to support Ukraine or not during the winter. I dont see any real upside for the US---but I suppose they might have done it for the same reason as the Ukrainians. I dont see any real reason for the Europeans to do it. Long term----it probably doesnt matter. The EU is leaving Russian gas and it is never going to count on that nation for any critical economic component every again.

Another option is it is a warning to Putin against continuing to escalate in Ukraine. It could be a not so suble warning that any escalation in Ukraine will result in attacks on soft target Russian infrastructure with huge economic implications that can be hit in ways that leave Putin no real way to retaliate.

FYI---the way I understand it, the leaks are in water around 260-360 feet---so thats technologically within the capabilities of many nations and private contractors.

It was also shutdown and restarted recently which is precisely when many failures are likely to become pronounced.

It’s just too soon to get excited and point fingers.
09-27-2022 06:25 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
All of Europe embroiled in yet another of their wars. Imagine that. They have learned nothing.
09-27-2022 06:26 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(09-27-2022 06:25 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

It was also shutdown and restarted recently which is precisely when many failures are likely to become pronounced.

The chance of this being a failure is like less than 5%.

This was purposeful by someone.

09-27-2022 06:31 PM
Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
(09-27-2022 04:28 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  I don't buy that Russia did it because they could just literally turn off the gas. Why damage the pipeline? Possible Ukraine did it. Or an environmental terrorist group maybe? Who knows. Cui bono?
That’s just it. I don’t really see how anyone benefits.
09-27-2022 06:38 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(09-27-2022 06:38 PM)Cardiff Wrote:  
(09-27-2022 04:28 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  I don't buy that Russia did it because they could just literally turn off the gas. Why damage the pipeline? Possible Ukraine did it. Or an environmental terrorist group maybe? Who knows. Cui bono?

I told you above
09-27-2022 07:50 PM
stinkfist Online

(09-27-2022 07:50 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(09-27-2022 06:38 PM)Cardiff Wrote:  

I told you above

I tried to tell you to hush it ... #shhhhhhh

they just don't get it ... damndest shite I've ever seen from the smart folk....
09-27-2022 07:58 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(09-27-2022 05:48 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Wrong again.

casus belli to get the gas they always wanted by force.

07-coffee3

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao You think the Germans are going to attack the Russians? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
09-27-2022 08:01 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(09-27-2022 06:25 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

To be fair---Im not "excited" or even pointing fingers. I said from the start I have no idea who did it. I just think its obvious it was an attack by someone. As Iv mentioned I could see a motivation for the Russians, Ukrainians--even the US-to have done it. By the way----Nordstream-2 is not running--in fact---its never received the ok to begin commercial operations. My understanding is Nordstream-1 was not running either as of a few weeks ago. Then there is this---

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/27/world...ttack.html

The C.I.A. issued a vague warning in June to a number of European nations, including Germany, that the two Nord Stream gas pipelines that carry natural gas from Russia could be targeted in forthcoming attacks, three senior officials familiar with the intelligence said on Tuesday.

The warning was not specific, the officials said, and they declined to say whether Russia itself was identified as a possible attacker. American officials said that while it appeared likely that the damage to the pipelines was the result of sabotage, they had reached no conclusion about who might have been responsible. Both pipelines suffered a sudden loss of pressure and released gas into the sea, European officials reported, and the chances that both suffered accidents nearly simultaneously seem low.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022 08:11 PM by Attackcoog.)
09-27-2022 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.