Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News New York AG Letitia James Refuses to Debate GOP Opponent
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
New York AG Letitia James Refuses to Debate GOP Opponent
Quote:New York's Democrat Attorney General Letitia James has been busy ramping up her attacks on former President Donald Trump in the final weeks of her reelection campaign, but what she's not doing is debating her GOP opponent to explain to voters why she deserves another term.

Among the explanations she owes to Empire State voters is why she tried to abandon her post as attorney general in order to mount a run for governor, only to drop out after failing to gain traction against fellow Democrat Kathy Hochul.

James dropped out of the gubernatorial contest before the primary and quickly announced she would run for reelection as attorney general — but is that really the job she wants and that she's committed to if she was ready and willing to jump ship in search of more power? Is she only running for reelection in order to preserve the power she does have in order to continue what she herself has explained as an obsession with taking down Trump and his family?

Perhaps James' work to announce a conveniently timed $250 million civil lawsuit against Trump, his three oldest children, and his business is what has kept the AG too busy to agree to or participate in any debates?

While polls in the New York AG race are few and far between, a new survey conducted by Trafalgar and released this week shows a statistical dead heat between James and her GOP opponent, Michael Henry. As Vespa reported:

You’d think James would be a lock for reelection, but a new poll from Trafalgar has Republican attorney general candidate Michael Henry in a statistical dead heat with James. If we want to get technical, he’s beating James, with 44.2 percent to her 43 percent.

Polls like that, you might think, would lead James to refocus her campaign on protecting New York residents from surging crime and deadly drugs and see her seek to debate Henry in order to make her case to voters. But she isn't. In fact, it sounds like she isn't even answering invitations from Henry's campaign, and also isn't responding to inquiries from reporters on the topic.

Instead, James is rerunning her first campaign which was premised on taking down Donald Trump, as the press conference announcing her new civil suit this week demonstrated.

Link
09-23-2022 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigersOhMy Offline
Not 1st String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: New York AG Letitia James Refuses to Debate GOP Opponent
Appears to be the new Dem playbook. It worked for Joe, it's apparently working in PA...until it no longer works theyll just keep doing it.
09-23-2022 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
In fairness, the GOP has taken the same position for its nominees in Ohio. I think this is the new normal, and from a strategy perspective it makes sense. Why debate when you are ahead? If we are being totally honest, does anyone actually switch their vote anymore after a debate? Frankly, I would rather see debates go away altogether and a new format where each side has to be grilled on their position on a number of topics.
09-23-2022 01:25 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
No democrats want to debate. Their record is horrendous. They don't ever want to answer direct questions.
09-23-2022 01:27 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-23-2022 01:25 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  In fairness, the GOP has taken the same position for its nominees in Ohio. I think this is the new normal, and from a strategy perspective it makes sense. Why debate when you are ahead? If we are being totally honest, does anyone actually switch their vote anymore after a debate? Frankly, I would rather see debates go away altogether and a new format where each side has to be grilled on their position on a number of topics.

only if ya muck it in front of the cam ... so Ja! to that portion of your posit...

having said that, if the oppo is insolvent, it's a pretty simple means to target that weakness via ad $$$ in the most demeaning way possible ...

hence, "politics"
09-23-2022 01:35 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
I'm either seeing patterns emerging everywhere or I'm trippin on LSD.
09-24-2022 07:40 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(09-23-2022 01:25 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  In fairness, the GOP has taken the same position for its nominees in Ohio. I think this is the new normal, and from a strategy perspective it makes sense. Why debate when you are ahead? If we are being totally honest, does anyone actually switch their vote anymore after a debate? Frankly, I would rather see debates go away altogether and a new format where each side has to be grilled on their position on a number of topics.

I think thats a terrible idea. Seeing as how commie like partisan the media is in the dems camp, a debate is the only way on earth a dem candidate or politician can be publicly confronted with real questions and real issues.

Anything that can remotely hurt a Dem candidate or incumbent now is just totally ignored as if it does not exist. If we take away the debates as well, those on the left will never be asked a serious question or pushed any any difficult issue at all. Even if the moderater is totally partisan, at least the opposing candidate can bring some heat on an issue they never get asked about.

Once that goes away, its practically a communist style democracy for the left.
09-24-2022 08:06 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
The problem is the media is not media, its just liberal PR and its far worse that it was just 5 years ago. So the liberal candidates and incumbents ability to answer tough questions and have a real give and take is in a state of massive atrophy. A republican HAS to be able to do those things, because the entire MSM is going to attack them like wild dogs. They have to stay sharpe, a dem politician has no need at all anymore.

You combine the overwhelming atrophy of those necessary political skills with terrible candidates like Biden, Harris and Fedderman and you have people that struggle to be coherent even with with their own partisan people asking fake questions.

You add all that up and its vital most dems avoid public debates at all costs.

Since the media narrative is a line for line carbon copy of the Democrat narrative, it makes it even easier to just stop debating totally and say your not going to legitimize "MAGA fascists and white supremacists".

And the media will back you up 1000%.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2022 08:16 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
09-24-2022 08:13 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-24-2022 08:13 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  The problem is the media is not media, its just liberal PR and its far worse that it was just 5 years ago. So the liberal candidates and incumbents ability to answer tough questions and have a real give and take is in a state of massive atrophy. A republican HAS to be able to do those things, because the entire MSM is going to attack them like wild dogs. They have to stay sharpe, a dem politician has no need at all anymore.

You combine the overwhelming atrophy of those necessary political skills with terrible candidates like Biden, Harris and Fedderman and you have people that struggle to be coherent even with with their own partisan people asking fake questions.

You add all that up and its vital most dems avoid public debates at all costs.

Since the media narrative is a line for line carbon copy of the Democrat narrative, it makes it even easier to just stop debating totally and say your not going to legitimize "MAGA fascists and white supremacists".

And the media will back you up 1000%.

#outnumbered is an understatement in representation ...

it's a simple timeline that kick-started it all ... today's version is straight out of WRH's/LBJ's playbook...

"don't underestimate the Donald" --->>> #henceDJT --->>> #DJTexperiment

as I and others have pointed out the whys/when to ad nauseam, CNN/social media hacks and their many minions flipped 'that' switch almost overnight after DJT announced as a pub...

that's the real battle in scope ... on a percentage basis, 'they' know there are more sheeple on the teat + those in bed with $$$ invested in said sheeples than those with common sense/ethics fighting for their rights at this point...

if the pubs don't win the mids, it's game over ... and I'm still not holding my breath they take the means req'd to do what is necessary moving forward...

again, in scope, I only missed it by a decade ... I had the collapse beginning in '30...

muh pops used to call me a pessimist ... many called me a contrarian ... all I ever saw was realism + numbers .... they don't tell me those thingys anymore...
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2022 08:43 AM by stinkfist.)
09-24-2022 08:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.