Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Week 3 POWER RANKINGS
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Post Week 3 POWER RANKINGS
Based on what I saw with opponent considered:
1. (+7) EMU - FLY THE FLAG, P5 road win. Best win of the year. Paired with road loss to good G5 and taking care of business at home vs. FCS.
2. (+1) KENT- Finally got a winnable game and did its thang.
3. (-1) Toledo- Toledo got unlucky with OSUs WR all back healthy. But I still didnt think itd be that bad on Defense... Finn playing like MAC MVP though.
4. (-3) WMU- Pitt is good
5. (-1) Miami- UC is good
6. (-1) Ohio- No real difference between 4-6.
7. (+5) BG- Dinged for FCS loss, but 2nd best win of the conference is Marshall so far.
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout
9. (-3) NIU- Not getting lucky in 2022
10. (=) CMU- Lots to prove, but this week thats all you could do was Win.
11. (-2) AKRON- I mean not much was expexted this weekend
12. (-1) UB- Actually played better than I thought, but still are held down from the FCS loss.[/u]
09-19-2022 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeatWestern! Online
All American

I Root For: Central Michigan
RE: Post Week 3 POWER RANKINGS
(09-19-2022 09:43 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Based on what I saw with opponent considered:
1. (+7) EMU - FLY THE FLAG, P5 road win. Best win of the year. Paired with road loss to good G5 and taking care of business at home vs. FCS.
3. (-1) Toledo- Toledo got unlucky with OSUs WR all back healthy. But I still didnt think itd be that bad on Defense... Finn playing like MAC MVP though.
7. (+5) BG- Dinged for FCS loss, but 2nd best win of the conference is Marshall so far.
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout
12. (-1) UB- Actually played better than I thought, but still are held down from the FCS loss.[/u]

Absolutely laughable! I can assure you, there aren't nine MAC teams better than CMU!
09-19-2022 10:03 AM
Bronco'14 Online
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Post Week 3
EM +4
UT -1
BGS +9
OU -2
WM -2
CM +2
BS +4
KS +1
NI -5
MU -3
UA -4
UB -1

EM P5 win
UT only other team 2-1
BGS, OU, WM wins over G5 1-2
CM, KS, BS shutout FCS wins
NI thru UA games have gone as expected
UB 0-3
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022 10:10 AM by Bronco'14.)
09-19-2022 10:07 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-19-2022 10:03 AM)BeatWestern! Wrote:  
(09-19-2022 09:43 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Based on what I saw with opponent considered:
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout

Absolutely laughable! I can assure you, there aren't nine MAC teams better than CMU!

Fine, this is power rankings not predictions.

CMU has a decent loss and one of how many MAC teams to lose at home to a G5? Ohio beat one. BG beat one. Toledo beat one. The loss to USA is the 3rd worst loss of the season in the MAC.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022 10:28 AM by UofToledoFans.)
09-19-2022 10:28 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(09-19-2022 10:28 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  CMU has a decent loss and one of how many MAC teams to lose at home to a G5? Ohio beat one. BG beat one. Toledo beat one. The loss to USA is the 3rd worst loss of the season in the MAC.

I thought that South Alabama loss was a bad one, too, but they pushed UCLA hard last weekend before losing 32-31.
09-19-2022 10:52 AM
Advertisement

BeatWestern! Online
All American

(09-19-2022 10:28 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout

CMU has a decent loss and one of how many MAC teams to lose at home to a G5? Ohio beat one. BG beat one. Toledo beat one. The loss to USA is the 3rd worst loss of the season in the MAC.

Lol, you can't equate a Toledo win over UMass to a CMU loss to South Alabama. USA is head and shoulders above UMass and would curb stomp the Minutemen. The Jaguars were one play away from winning at UCLA this past weekend.
09-19-2022 10:59 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout

I would move BSU down and CMU higher than NIU, with NIU higher than BSU,. The defending champs my Huskies are 5th in the West right now. You have to make the plays when you have to make the plays. Best LINES put their team in position to win, Huskies lines are not winning.
09-19-2022 11:31 AM
BeatWestern! Online
All American

(09-19-2022 11:31 AM)NIU05 Wrote:  
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout

I would move BSU down and CMU higher than NIU, with NIU higher than BSU,. The defending champs my Huskies are 5th in the West right now. You have to make the plays when you have to make the plays. Best LINES put their team in position to win, Huskies lines are not winning.

I have great respect for the NIU program and was sorry to hear Lombardi got hurt against Vandy. I had NIU beating Vandy but with Lombardi out of the lineup, the Huskies are not the same team offensively.
09-19-2022 11:51 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-19-2022 10:59 AM)BeatWestern! Wrote:  
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout

Lol, you can't equate a Toledo win over UMass to a CMU loss to South Alabama. USA is head and shoulders above UMass and would curb stomp the Minutemen. The Jaguars were one play away from winning at UCLA this past weekend.
Its my ranking I can do what I want lol. The MAC has played 3 on stadium home games vs FBS. CMU is the only one to lose. Thats all I can go on. Maybe USA will win 8. The resume will reflect that moving forward. For now a home loss to a G5 is worse than a closer road loss (NIU to Tulsa), or any Road P5 loss. CMU is somewhere between 1 and 6th in the West. So is every other MAC West team. Predicting I have no clue where everyone will finish now.
09-19-2022 11:51 AM
Advertisement

PrettyGoodRocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(09-19-2022 10:59 AM)BeatWestern! Wrote:  
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout

I do think CMU is much better than 10th in the MAC, in my mind as high as 5 and as low as 8 would be acceptable, the South Alabama loss isn't terrible, and put up a lot of points vs t10 OkSt. Agree with EMU at one, and for what its worth the rest of the original post, bar CMU. A lot more to look at after this week and heading into MAC play.
09-19-2022 11:52 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Guess I would put CMU ahead of NIU for right now. They did shut out their FCS opponent, and NIU wouldn't manage that against a high school team right now.
09-19-2022 11:54 AM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
NIU has led all three games. I guess this is unusual for Hammock to not have to come from behind to win but learn how to keep a lead. So far he is making poor decisions that have led to two losses. We should be 3-0 going into week 4, but alas...
09-19-2022 11:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

MAC Golf Standings:
Eagle (-2) Road P5 win.
Birdie (-1) Home P5 win. Road G5 win.
Even (=) Home G5 win. Home FCS win. Home or Road P5 loss. Road G5 loss.
Bogey (+1) Home G5 loss.
Double Bogey (+2) Home FCS loss.
EMU -2
WMU -1
Toledo =
NIU =
CMU +1
Ball State +1

Kent =
Akron =
Miami =ish neutral loss to almost P5? How do I rate UC?
Ohio =
Buffalo +2
BG +2
09-19-2022 12:05 PM
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Its better to bias in previous years data until we are halfway through the season than trying to make an inference on one or two data points.

07-coffee3
09-19-2022 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout

You are absolutely right! That should be 11 MAC teams better than CMU.03-nutkick
09-19-2022 01:59 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
8. (-1) BSU- Shutout

I don't think CMU should be 10th, maybe a few spots higher. But honestly, what have they accomplished so far?

- The OSU game was 51-15 in the 3rd quarter, 58-28 in the middle of the 4th. The game was over when CMU rattled of some garbage time points.
- South Alabama came in and dominated that game. It was 38-10 in the middle of the 4th quarter. The game was over when CMU again scored a few late TDs to make the score look more respectable.
- CMU struggled with Bucknell (one of the worst teams in DI) for 3 quarters before yet again scoring some late points when Bucknell's D was gassed to make things look better. I watched some of that game and Bucknell was god awful. They were small and weak in the trenches and their QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I think it was their 3rd string QB?

Richardson and Nichols have struggled big time and now Dallas Dixon is done for the year.

Next week you get Penn State. Their RB Nick Singleton has 334 yards on 30 carries. Compare that to Lew Nichols' 258 yards on 71 carries. Against FBS opponents, Nichols has 92 yards on 41 carries. Richardson has completed under 50% of his throws against both South Alabama and Bucknell....Bucknell!!!

CMU has problems right now, I'm sure you'd agree. So there's really nothing to get upset about when a random MAC fan ranks CMU 10th in their power rankings that don't matter.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022 03:06 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
09-19-2022 02:52 PM
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
My guess the bottom four is Akron, Ohio, UB and BSU. middle four BGSU, Miami, NIU, CMU, then top four WMU, EMU, Toledo, Kent State. Just my feel about where teams look so far. I think Kent State is by far the best in the East. West is more wide open.
09-20-2022 12:10 AM
Advertisement

jp102586 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: BGSU
1. EMU - Road P5 win by two scores, what's not to like? Could be a special season in Ypsi
2. Toledo - Jury is still out given non-conf schedule, SDSU should reveal how good Rockets can be
3. Kent - Gauntlet non-conf schedule but have shown well and blew out LIU at home
4. WMU - 1-0 in conference play and respectable losses to MSU & Pitt
5. Ohio - Win over an FBS program propels them despite getting waxed by Penn State & Iowa State
6. Miami - Losing Gabbert hurts, have played well despite that
7. NIU - Tough losses to Tulsa/Vandy but have shown well
8. BG - EKU loss may be the difference in bowl eligibility this year
9. CMU - Expectations were higher, USA loss looks less bad but offense seems to be struggling
10. BSU - Here by virtue of FCS win
11. Akron - See above
12. Buffalo - Only winless MAC team so cellar dweller it is
09-20-2022 08:36 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(09-20-2022 12:10 AM)OhioBobcatJohn Wrote:  My guess the bottom four is Akron, Ohio, UB and BSU. middle four BGSU, Miami, NIU, CMU, then top four WMU, EMU, Toledo, Kent State. Just my feel about where teams look so far. I think Kent State is by far the best in the East. West is more wide open.

Agree, would put a watch on UB. Kent looks good and the West ...who knows? Toledo and the Michigan schools look about the same, some a little shinier on certain days.
09-20-2022 12:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.