Open TigerLinks

Game Day Experience
Bookmark and Share
slktigers Offline
Alumni and Vintage Tiger Fan

I Root For: Memphis
Game Day Experience
Here are a few notes about game day.
  1. The weather was comfortable once we entered the stadium and very pleasant throughout the game with a slight cool breeze throughout.. A bit hot in the sun.
  2. I had downloaded 3 tickets to my wallet. My brother lost his text and the app powered by PACiOLAN did not work at first, saying ERROR. Finally got the app to work and cancelled the ticket transfer, then downloaded all three to my phone. Was a little slow reading each ticket at the scanner. I had to go back to my wallet and rescan ticket #2. The lines were long and the sun hot. Seemed the lines with the most white hairs moved the slowest.
  3. As others have noted, the PA system was TOO LOUD. We couldn't talk and had to shout inside the statium. Need to fix this.
  4. Very little silence between PA programming for the bands. Only heard Arky St. band 2-3 times.
  5. Missed any starting game fly-over and warmup video...
  6. Seemed to be a small crowd for home opener with great weather. Sad. Would guess 32Kish.
  7. Vendors ran short on beers. Glad to see the outer vendor kiosks adding Tiny Bomb to their offerings although they ran out of it 2nd quarter.
  8. Did not notice any stadium upgrades at this point. The section 105 bar TVs did not seem to have been upgraded and one was not working. Same lady working the register that double charges.
  9. Nice promo video about Memphis. Believe it was at the start of the 3rd quarter.
  10. Loved the Simba cam!
  11. Arky St. put a lot of pressure on Seth. Oline did not protect well and did not open many holes for the run game.
  12. Special teams have improved.
  13. Defense gets beat - a lot.
  14. Play calling was often suspect, especially 3rd quarter.
  15. Refs seemed to make some questionable calls when we were on the verge of going 14 over.
  16. The crowd took Arky St. out of their final drive.
  17. Great win!
  18. First year in Striped Parking lot. Was almost full when we arrived around 4:30pm. Took a very long time to exit the grounds post game. We used to park at the old Fairgrounds #1 for a quick getaway, but alas.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022 01:55 PM by slktigers.)
09-18-2022 11:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
RE: Game Day Experience
(09-18-2022 11:42 AM)slktigers Wrote:  Here are a few notes about game day.
  1. The weather was comfortable once we entered the stadium and very pleasant throughout the game with a slight cool breeze throughout.. A bit hot in the sun.
  2. I had downloaded 3 tickets to my wallet. My brother lost his text and the app powered by PACiOLAN did not work at first, saying ERROR. Finally got the app to work and cancelled the ticket transfer, then downloaded all three to my phone. Was a little slow reading each ticket at the scanner. I had to go back to my wallet and rescan ticket #2. The lines were long and the sun hot. Seemed the lines with the most white hairs moved the slowest.
  3. As others have noted, the PA system was TOO LOUD. We couldn't talk and had to shout inside the statium. Need to fix this.
  4. Very little silence between PA programming for the bands. Only heard Arky St. band 2-3 times.
  5. Missed any starting game fly-over and warmup video...
  6. Seemed to be a small crowd for home opener with great weather. Sad. Would guess 32Kish.
  7. Vendors ran short on beers. Glad to see the outer vendor kiosks adding Tiny Bomb to their offerings although they ran out of it 2nd quarter.
  8. Did not notice any stadium upgrades at this point. The section 105 bar TVs did not seem to have been upgraded and one was not working. Same lady working the register that double charges.
  9. Nice promo video about Memphis. Believe it was at the start of the 3rd quarter.
  10. Loved the Simba cam!
  11. Arky St. put a lot of pressure on Seth. Oline did not protect well and did not open many holes for the run game.
  12. Special teams have improved.
  13. Defense gets beat - a lot.
  14. Play calling was often suspect, especially 3rd quarter.
  15. Refs seemed to make some questionable calls when we were on the verge of going 14 over.
  16. The crowd took Arky St. out of their final drive.
  17. Great win!
  18. First year in Striped Parking lot. Was almost full when we arrived around 4:30pm. Took a very long time to exit the grounds post game. We used to park at the old Fairgrounds #1 for a quick getaway, but alas.

I appreciate your re-cap. I will add my own:

My paper tickets worked perfectly. My dumb*** ex-son-in-law could never figure out how to download them on the rare occasion I am out of town and try to give him my tickets. So, this will work for my family and no matter where I am, there will be 4 butts in seats for every game.

The PA systems remains hideously loud, as it has for years. I am so tired of screaming to be heard by my family. And it seemed to be on way too often, making it hard for either band to play. And of course, I wish the song selection varied just a little bit.

There was no flyover, and there was a game warm-up video right before the team came out.

The crowd seemed quite lethargic for most of the game, maybe because of the heat, until the end of the game.

SO many missed tackles on Defense. Painful to watch. I know we will improve.

I saw NO evidence of the many stadium upgrades a recent article was bragging about, and that was very disappointing. We sit way up on the visitor side. No soap at all in the bathrooms, which are very lightly used that far up. NO evidence of the concourse being spray-washed; still stepping over all the pigeon poop. The concrete shows 50 years of stains of God knows what; the stands have not been cleaned.

The Section 105 bar remains a joke. there may be a method to the madness, but why have a bar if you aren't going to adequately staff it? Typical Memphis lethargy and not-caring-attitude.
09-18-2022 03:11 PM
tpaw09 Offline
1st String

Did you notice when they ran scores from other games on the Jumbotron? It had Vanderbilt against every team. They must have lost 50 games Saturday
09-18-2022 03:38 PM
tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I thought the power wash and touch up paint job looked fine. New field looked great too.

We went through gate 1 without a hitch. Maybe took 1 minute to get through. My guess is too many folks are waiting til the last minute to get in and lots are not downloading the tickets in advance. Pre digital - Even with printed tickets to scan coming off tigerlane to get in the stadium has always been stacked up.

Two complaints.
1. turn that damn music down, goodness.
2. parked in tobey park and it was dark AF when we were leaving. Not sure why the city had the lights turned off, but that's VERY dangerous.
09-18-2022 03:52 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(09-18-2022 03:52 PM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  I thought the power wash and touch up paint job looked fine. New field looked great too.

We went through gate 1 without a hitch. Maybe took 1 minute to get through. My guess is too many folks are waiting til the last minute to get in and lots are not downloading the tickets in advance. Pre digital - Even with printed tickets to scan coming off tigerlane to get in the stadium has always been stacked up.

Two complaints.
1. turn that damn music down, goodness.
2. parked in tobey park and it was dark AF when we were leaving. Not sure why the city had the lights turned off, but that's VERY dangerous.

1. Money
2. They don't care
09-18-2022 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MtownTigers916 Offline
Tiger PhD

They haven’t fixed the no soap thing in the upper bathrooms? Figures. It was like that last year, too.

Several concession places ran out of beer

The BBQ nachos place ran out of BBQ before halftime.

Yardage and distance was an issue on the Jumbotron

Score updates showed Vanderbilt playing everyone.

This is besides the crazy wait I had to get in the game.

I expect next game will be better mostly because there will be less people there
09-18-2022 04:47 PM
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Yes we noticed Vanderbilt was playing everywhere

Pretty impressive

We also wish they would turn down the PA

Which is the best?
Kiss cam?
Muscle cam?
Dance cam?
Simba cam?

Thank goodness they ended that drum solo and/or air guitar cam

Missing any other cams?
09-18-2022 05:29 PM
tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(09-18-2022 05:29 PM)Mimi Wrote:  Yes we noticed Vanderbilt was playing everywhere

Pretty impressive

We also wish they would turn down the PA

Which is the best?
Kiss cam?
Muscle cam?
Dance cam?
Simba cam?

Thank goodness they ended that drum solo and/or air guitar cam

Missing any other cams?

Love the Simba cam, cracks me up everytime.
09-18-2022 06:06 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
O Line play was improved in the run game.
We ran for 187 yards last night,

129 vs Miss St
91 vs Navy

I'll take it.
09-18-2022 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMark Offline
Heisman

(09-18-2022 05:29 PM)Mimi Wrote:  Thank goodness they ended that drum solo and/or air guitar cam
Missing any other cams?

The Lume Deodorant Cam.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022 07:14 PM by UofMark.)
09-18-2022 07:14 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(09-18-2022 07:14 PM)UofMark Wrote:  
(09-18-2022 05:29 PM)Mimi Wrote:  Thank goodness they ended that drum solo and/or air guitar cam
Missing any other cams?

The Lume Deodorant Cam.

I'm a 0/10 now
09-18-2022 07:26 PM
Advertisement

jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(09-18-2022 06:16 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  O Line play was improved in the run game.
We ran for 187 yards last night,

129 vs Miss St
91 vs Navy

I'll take it.

You have to
09-18-2022 07:54 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(09-18-2022 04:47 PM)MtownTigers916 Wrote:  They haven’t fixed the no soap thing in the upper bathrooms? Figures. It was like that last year, too.

Several concession places ran out of beer

The BBQ nachos place ran out of BBQ before halftime.

Yardage and distance was an issue on the Jumbotron

Score updates showed Vanderbilt playing everyone.

This is besides the crazy wait I had to get in the game.

I expect next game will be better mostly because there will be less people there

Ran out of beer and nachos on a 32k crowd. I hope the B12 doesn't hear about that.

Down and distance was messed up on tv too. Camera angles were off and we never saw a kick returner catch the ball because the camera moved toooo slooow.

Old Miss game several years ago was hard getting into. sharks had a td before we got in the gate and another right after we sat down.
09-18-2022 08:04 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

There are only speakers in the south end video board. So the sound is turned up to enable people in the north end to be able to hear the pa. Main problem is the pa announcer is an ineffective and woefully incompetent announcer. With the sound already up he doesn't need to shout into his microphone. He seems to think he is what makes the game exciting. He demands the fans follow his instructions. He fails to identify correctly the players. He likes to be cute rather than clear. Train him or fire him. Either way the game experience will be improved. Also we can only hope the new improvement to the stadium will include an upgrade to the sound system. There should be speakers throughout the stadium and not just in one spot. Fewer ads and more silences for the band to play will also lead to a better fan experience. We are there to watch a football game if we want to hear commercials we can just watch the game on TV.
09-18-2022 08:06 PM
GoDownSwinging Offline
Special Teams

It was nice seeing the crowd being loud when they needed to be loud. However, I'll share some few thoughts:

1) Keep "Whoop that Trick" with the Grizzlies. It maybe a Memphis song, but we were 15 point favorites seeking to find a way to win a game. I just rather have Whoop that Trick play inside the FedEx Forum where everybody can hear people sing it.
2) Did Vanderbilt play everybody in the country?
3) PA guy is the same guy that does basketball. The speakers are already turned up loud, please don't be louder.
4) What happened to the pyrotechnics?
5) There's no purpose of having fireworks on the top of the East Tower.
6) The DJ is a cute add, but please don't play over the bands. Memphis' and Arkansas State's band work hard enough over the last few weeks, please don't take their time away.
7) I don't see the purpose of having the digital tickets.

Other than that, I spent $105 for 3 tickets, and it was a nice game. Gorgeous weather, good atmosphere, Arkansas State had a chance to win the game, which made it exciting because it forces our defense to make a play. Arkansas State didn't lose the game on that drive, they lost the game at the end of the first half.
It was a good time inside the Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium.
09-18-2022 08:43 PM
tpaw09 Offline
1st String

(09-18-2022 08:43 PM)GoDownSwinging Wrote:  It was nice seeing the crowd being loud when they needed to be loud. However, I'll share some few thoughts:

1) Keep "Whoop that Trick" with the Grizzlies. It maybe a Memphis song, but we were 15 point favorites seeking to find a way to win a game. I just rather have Whoop that Trick play inside the FedEx Forum where everybody can hear people sing it.
3) PA guy is the same guy that does basketball. The speakers are already turned up loud, please don't be louder.
6) The DJ is a cute add, but please don't play over the bands. Memphis' and Arkansas State's band work hard enough over the last few weeks, please don't take their time away.

Other than that, I spent $105 for 3 tickets, and it was a nice game. Gorgeous weather, good atmosphere, Arkansas State had a chance to win the game, which made it exciting because it forces our defense to make a play. Arkansas State didn't lose the game on that drive, they lost the game at the end of the first half.

I agree. Fun atmosphere.
09-18-2022 09:03 PM
Advertisement

Keeper Offline
All American

(09-18-2022 08:43 PM)GoDownSwinging Wrote:  It was nice seeing the crowd being loud when they needed to be loud. However, I'll share some few thoughts:

I paid double that for 2 tickets and I had a great time in the Liberty also.
09-18-2022 09:23 PM
ModsPleaseHelp Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tigers
Y’all are pretty picky. I experienced tailgating on Tiger Lane on a beautiful day. Headed into the stadium about 30 minutes before kickoff. It took about 10 minutes to get in line and get my ticket scanned from my phone.

Saw a great game where the Tigers won by 12 points. Any time I can go home with a Tiger victory, I am overjoyed.

It took a while to get out of the parking lot, but, I will tell you, I was one of the 4,000 fans over a decade ago who saw us lose to ECU in the rain. There was no problem getting out of the parking lot that night. Which would you rather have - 4,000 fans and lose, or 32,000 fans and win?

C’mon folks, enjoy the experience and quit griping.

(The poster formerly known as Covingtontiger til my username got messed up somehow).
09-18-2022 09:37 PM
former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Here's an idea. Why don't those that have listed specific facility and hospitality (food and drink) issues at the city-owned stadium take your complaints to the AD and university president. They should be the ones to know about these atrocities and they can take it up with the owner of said facility. We are the "PRIMARY TENANT" aren't we? Maybe if people are as vocal and obnoxious to them as they are here, they might get the idea that they are effing up a good thing and maybe, just maybe they can see that a lack of attention to detail by the city is reflecting poorly on the university.

I don't know, it's just a thought....
09-18-2022 10:58 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(09-18-2022 10:58 PM)former guest Wrote:  Here's an idea. Why don't those that have listed specific facility and hospitality (food and drink) issues at the city-owned stadium take your complaints to the AD and university president. They should be the ones to know about these atrocities and they can take it up with the owner of said facility. We are the "PRIMARY TENANT" aren't we? Maybe if people are as vocal and obnoxious to them as they are here, they might get the idea that they are effing up a good thing and maybe, just maybe they can see that a lack of attention to detail by the city is reflecting poorly on the university.

I don't know, it's just a thought....

Gee-- I bet nobody has ever done that or even thought of it
09-18-2022 11:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.