Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A-State falters late to Memphis
Bookmark and Share
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
A-State falters late to Memphis
Posted this in Hogville:

"Probably the biggest story line is we gave up 219 yards on five plays,'' said Jones.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas-s...193629469/

Giving up those "catastrophic plays" was the story line in most of their losses in 2021, and they certainly were critical in their losses to Ohio St, and Memphis.

Defense is still a little further along at this point than last year, and at least they are not giving up 700yds plus, and their offense is pretty darn good right now.

Both should get better and better as the year goes along, but again there might be some more growing pains, or it could click this week.
09-18-2022 11:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Seminole Indian Offline
All American

RE: A-State falters late to Memphis
Memphis played a little better than I expected, and I though A-State might get a handle on the "catastrophic plays" by not playing Ohio St.

While a couple of teams look like they are playing better right now, Memphis is as talented as any team left on A-State schedule.

Offense is good-to-go, so get rid of or at least minimize, those "catastrophic plays" by your defense and things should go better.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022 11:18 AM by Seminole Indian.)
09-18-2022 11:17 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

RE: A-State falters late to Memphis
Again posted this on Hogville:

See that ODU opened as a 4 point favorite, and I'd take ASU and the 4 points.

While both teams are coming off heartbreaking losses, and I'm not sure the health status of each at this point, the youth of A-States backups severely limited their pt against Ohio St and Memphis. That should began to change.

Because they are talented and they have a lot more of them than any SBC team, they should be more of a asset gong forward. Especially on defense, starting with ODU.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022 02:45 PM by Seminole Indian.)
09-18-2022 02:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.