Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post week 1 schedule analysis
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Post week 1 schedule analysis
UMass gets boned by Tulane and have 2 less days than us to prepare. I bet we have a nice crowd as Rocket Hall was dead for our LIU game.

Ohio State beat ND 21-10, but are far less scary than I presumed. We may only be 28 pt dogs instead of 38 now. They should drill stAte this week.

SDSU opened up Snapdragon stadium with a comfortable LOSS to Arizona who has a team full of transfers and could threaten 6 wins in 2022. We may be favored if Utah whips em in 2 weeks.

CMU had a terrific 4th qtr to cover a 20.5 pt spread against Oklahoma State. Defense optional.

NIU let EIU stay in it VERY long. EIU was 1-10 last year. But covid for FCS teams was weird. They could be decent.

Kent played respectable out in Washington. Schlee looks like a decent QB.

UB hung in there vs Maryland, but the jury is out on both in 2022.

EMU had some injuries, but figured it out enough to hang on vs EKU.

Ball State got pounded by a top 5 offense in the nation.

BG has some good special teams. DTR for UCLA is an impressive playmaker. We could have a bigger crowd than the Bruins as folks were told to NOT go outside in the 105 degree heat.

WMU had a very impressive showing. If their QB stays 4 years they are winnning the MAC in that time span. I was down on them, and now I think I might lose my under 6.5 win bet.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2022 08:41 AM by UofToledoFans.)
09-04-2022 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Post week 1 schedule analysis
as far as potential conference changes that had been discussed: how does a Middle Tenn team go from beating us in a Bowl game to losing 44-7 to new to FBS James Madison?

W-L for the season seems fairly unpredictable. There's so little stability on rosters, a good game against a P5 might mean nothing at all.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2022 09:56 AM by eastisbest.)
09-04-2022 09:55 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(09-04-2022 09:55 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  as far as potential conference changes that had been discussed: how does a Middle Tenn team go from beating us in a Bowl game to losing 44-7 to new to FBS James Madison?

W-L for the season seems fairly unpredictable. There's so little stability on rosters, a good game against a P5 might mean nothing at all.

Its a MTSU problem. Their ceiling is 6-6 always. I still think we were 2 TDs better but penalties and turnovers made us not a good team most games in 2021.

JMU is actually good. Look at what SDSU Jackrabbits did vs. Iowa. The upper 8 teams in FCS are legit.
09-04-2022 10:27 AM
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
(09-04-2022 09:55 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  as far as potential conference changes that had been discussed: how does a Middle Tenn team go from beating us in a Bowl game to losing 44-7 to new to FBS James Madison?

Something like 15 FBS transfers on JMU that came from ArmyWP, UNC, Col St, Marshall(2), Arkansas St, Minnesota, Rutgers,Va Tech, NC St, ECU, Coastal Carolina, Temple, Liberty, Mich St.
09-04-2022 10:45 AM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2022 10:45 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Something like 15 FBS transfers on JMU that came from ArmyWP, UNC, Col St, Marshall(2), Arkansas St, Minnesota, Rutgers,Va Tech, NC St, ECU, Coastal Carolina, Temple, Liberty, Mich St.

Similar route as LIU. Jumping to FBS is apparently an attraction. You think many of those transfers are reasonably local kids or are they coming through some sort of clearing house?
09-04-2022 12:06 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

MAC teams held their own this pass weekend against superior talent, before wilting in late 2nd half action.
09-04-2022 07:45 PM
pono Online
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-04-2022 07:45 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  MAC teams held their own this pass weekend against superior talent, before wilting in late 2nd half action.

as usual the combination of shooting yourselves in the foot, penalties/refs, and bad luck combine with the depth challenges and turn several possible upsets into blowouts. Miami was in a really good position at one point vs Kentucky and then everything went wrong. they had a play with 2 minutes to go in the half in a tied game where they had UK 3rd and long backed up deep in their territory. They blitz and drill the QB who releases a wild off line pass that ricochets off a player and falls right into the arms of UK player who runs 15 yards for the first down. instead of an INT in the red zone or punt giving miami the ball around midfield and a great chance to lead going into half, Kentucky is able to drive downfield and score and take the lead. BG was playing UCLA straight up for a half. in the second half UCLA started to get some momentum and went up 2 scores but BG had them 3rd and long around the UCLA 30 and drilled the ball carrier behind the line causing him to fumble but instead of getting the recovery or the 4th down, an enormous UCLA tackle picks up the ball and rumbles 10 yards for a first down. BG misses the chance to make it a 1 score game and their defense ends up back on field. lots of stories like this, as usual. flip side is a bunch of mac teams showed some game against great comp, just didn't translate on the scoreboard.
09-04-2022 09:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.