Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USF Future Vision of Facilities released.
BCSvsBS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF
USF Future Vision of Facilities released.
Here's a quick rendering of the locations of the facilities themselves. The article is linked below.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2022-08-31_at_7.45.07_PM.png...format=jpg]

TAMPA — As USF continues to build momentum towards overall facility enhancement for its student-athletes, Bulls Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly announced Thursday the next steps the program will take for wholesale advancement and overall expansion of the USF Athletics District.

The program announced a comprehensive ‘Facilities Master Plan’ that includes facility investments that have been completed over the past year - including the recently-completed football locker room and the ever-growing Indoor Performance Facility - to go along with conceptual plans for facilities across the department.

“We are committed to competing at the highest level of intercollegiate athletics and continuing to provide a unique and special experience for USF student-athletes and fans that rivals that of any in the nation,” Kelly said in a release. “These plans will focus our resources and energies in our daily operations and elevate our Athletics campus by strategically enhancing existing facilities and adding new ones across all our programs in the coming years.”

Within the last two years, USF has completed: a $3-million football locker room and office renovation, a $2-million television broadcast facility, a $1-million resurfacing of the track at the USF Track and Field Stadium, a $1.2-million enhancement to USF volleyball’s home, The Corral, that saw a new Taraflex floor, bleachers, among other things, and the installation of new hydrotherapy pools in the Lee Roy Selmon Athletic Center.

The Bulls’ $22-million Indoor Performance Facility is just a few months from opening its doors, as well.

Even more plans to enhance the program’s facilities include a centerpiece of an on-campus football and lacrosse stadium to be finished by the 2026 season - a date that remains steady through past USF Board of Trustees meetings.

Beyond that, the program plans to add a baseball and softball clubhouse, a tennis facility, a “complete overhaul” of USF golf’s practice facility and a new press box and video board at the USF Track & Field Stadium.

Those additions will go along with plans for the enhancement of existing structures. The Selmon Center is slated for a complete renovation of the entrance lobby and Corbett Stadium - the home of USF men's and women’s soccer - will see enhanced fan areas, a new video board and a new press box. Yuengling Center will also see some improvements, including a renovation of the Muma Basketball Center lobby and other player areas.

USF has previously announced the addition of two sports: women’s lacrosse and women’s beach volleyball. Lacrosse will share the program’s plan for an on-campus stadium and will move in during the 2026 season, playing at Corbett Stadium until that’s completed. Lacrosse will also utilize a new locker room and offices at the Selmon Center, according to the program’s plans. Beach Volleyball will see a brand-new facility adjacent to Yuengling Center and will be provided with “renovated coaches offices and a locker room.”

Renderings for all of the renovations can be viewed at this link.

USF also released its 2022-23 Athletics Strategic Plan, a “living document that provides objectives and strategies to achieve USF’s strategic goals starting in 2022.” This document will be updated as the college athletics updates in hopes to keep the Bulls ahead of the curve.

Kelly outlined five goals on Thursday: 1) Provide an unparalleled student-athlete experience, 2) Renovate, expand and enhance the USF Athletics District, 3) Elevate athletic performance, 4) Foster a culture that promotes efficiency, innovation, teamwork and inclusion and 5) Embrace our campus and Tampa Bay communities.

For more on the program’s Strategic Plan, that document can be viewed here.

USF Athletic Facilities.]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022 01:01 PM by BCSvsBS.)
09-01-2022 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

RE: USF Future Vision of Facilities released.
Lots of nice upgrades. The beach volleyball courts next to the LRS center arenice
09-01-2022 11:27 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Why is the group of trees highlighted in the bottom right corner?

Do those trees not currently exist and need to be planted?
09-01-2022 12:30 PM
BCSvsBS Offline
Special Teams

(09-01-2022 12:30 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  Why is the group of trees highlighted in the bottom right corner?

That's where the Greek Village begins and we're trying to have them engage during sporting events which they have not done before. It's also a prime Tailgate Zone. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022 12:58 PM by BCSvsBS.)
09-01-2022 12:56 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
May be too late to get an invite to the big time.
09-01-2022 01:11 PM
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2022 01:11 PM)doss2 Wrote:  May be too late to get an invite to the big time.

Whether we do or not, it was needed and it will make us better.
09-01-2022 01:13 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(09-01-2022 01:11 PM)doss2 Wrote:  May be too late to get an invite to the big time.

Is that where Cincinnati is going? The big time? 03-lmfao
09-01-2022 01:15 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2022 12:56 PM)BCSvsBS Wrote:  
(09-01-2022 12:30 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  Why is the group of trees highlighted in the bottom right corner?

That's where the Greek Village begins and we're trying to have them engage during sporting events which they have not done before. It's also a prime Tailgate Zone. 04-cheers

I got curious and went to the USF master plan.

It’s a future golf course. I guess this render doesn’t show it (or maybe you can’t see the golf course through the trees)

But if you click the logo it takes you to a future golf course.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Greek Life. It’s important to engage the Greeks to get more students to the games and build that OCS experience.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022 01:27 PM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
09-01-2022 01:26 PM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2022 01:26 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  

It’s a future golf course. I guess this render doesn’t show it (or maybe you can’t see the golf course through the trees)

Don’t get me wrong, I love Greek Life. It’s important to engage the Greeks to get more students to the games and build that OCS experience.

Since you are so interested. It’s NOT a golf course. It’s a golf practice area with a three hole practice range. The Greek Village is next to it
09-01-2022 01:36 PM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(09-01-2022 01:36 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  

Since you are so interested. It’s NOT a golf course. It’s a golf practice area with a three hole practice range. The Greek Village is next to it

When I was on my way down to Raymond James for the ECU @ USF football game several years back, my GPS told me my closest grocery store to buy beer was the Publix right next to USF's campus. (Looks nice, BTW) I remember getting off the highway and seeing some of campus, but remembering it added like 45 minutes round trip to our drive. Holy hell the traffic on that road.
09-01-2022 01:43 PM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2022 01:43 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  

When I was on my way down to Raymond James for the ECU @ USF football game several years back, my GPS told me my closest grocery store to buy beer was the Publix right next to USF's campus. (Looks nice, BTW) I remember getting off the highway and seeing some of campus, but remembering it added like 45 minutes round trip to our drive. Holy hell the traffic on that road.

Yes there is Publix on campus, I think we were first to have one, not sure if others have since. Traffic is bad in Tampa and. Definitely on those roads.
09-01-2022 01:46 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

Sorry, 3-hole Golf Practice Area not a Golf Course since I guess that would require 9-holes.

My mistake, sorry.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022 01:48 PM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
09-01-2022 01:47 PM
RobUCF Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF

I think his only point was that it doesn't have anything to do with connecting with Greeks and will not be a prime tailgate zone. It does look pretty nice though.

[Image: 62d06b7c3e52c81a00164018_Golf%20-%20Aeri...p-1600.jpg]

[Image: 62d06b7cba0fdd27290ce581_Golf%20-%20Exte...p-1600.jpg]
09-01-2022 01:48 PM
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2022 01:48 PM)RobUCF Wrote:  

I think his only point was that it doesn't have anything to do with connecting with Greeks and will not be a prime tailgate zone. It does look pretty nice though.

That’s true but the Greek Village is pretty close so I’m sure tailgating would be done there. Also there is some parking in that new golf facility but I’m sure that would be premium parking
09-01-2022 01:51 PM
WageRagin Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Many Schools
Good stuff USF. It's always good to see a school invest heavily in its own facilities.
09-01-2022 02:10 PM
BCSvsBS Offline
Special Teams

(09-01-2022 01:51 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  
(09-01-2022 12:56 PM)BCSvsBS Wrote:  That's where the Greek Village begins and we're trying to have them engage during sporting events which they have not done before. It's also a prime Tailgate Zone. 04-cheers

That’s true but the Greek Village is pretty close so I’m sure tailgating would be done there. Also there is some parking in that new golf facility but I’m sure that would be premium parking

In previous public discussions and in the criteria for the "OCS Site Selection', they mentioned getting the Greeks involved with all Sports activities especially Football. They also inquired as to "Specific Tailgating Locations" at each proposed site.

Although I missed the Golf Practice fields, {Which can only mean that The Claw is going Bye-Bye}. I know President Law wants to develop that area.

Oh well. Lots of time to alter things until opening day. 04-cheers
09-01-2022 02:12 PM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2022 02:12 PM)BCSvsBS Wrote:  
(09-01-2022 01:51 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  
(09-01-2022 01:26 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  I got curious and went to the USF master plan.

In previous public discussions and in the criteria for the "OCS Site Selection', they mentioned getting the Greeks involved with all Sports activities especially Football. They also inquired as to "Specific Tailgating Locations" at each proposed site.

Although I missed the Golf Practice fields, {Which can only mean that The Claw is going Bye-Bye}. I know President Law wants to develop that area.

Oh well. Lots of time to alter things until opening day. 04-cheers

Wouldn’t mind USF selling off the Claw and making some money out of it that could be used for stadium. That course is no longer USF by our school team and is past it’s time
09-01-2022 02:25 PM
Advertisement

Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Lord this is awesome, and loooooong overdue. Glad USF is finally getting serious!

To the guy who said this is 'too late'... it's never too late to get it right. Period.

This helps with donations, recruiting, getting alumni involved. Everything gets better, quickly.

This may result in (hopefully) us winning the AAC often... getting NY6 bid (finally), and making a splash (again). Invite to a better conference? Better than average chance... it happens eventually. But we'll probably have a pathway to the play off from the AAC, so I think everyone in the AAC will be fine...

But it has to start here... Cheers USF!
09-01-2022 08:34 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Random musings... Seems like the closest 'large' parking lots are the sun dome area. I know there is lots of parking on campus but it's a bit of a walk. Just thinking about the older alumni... maybe they will run some shuttles or something.

Kind of surprised that the tennis courts are still there... seems an easy thing to relocate and then have the big 'entrance plaza' actually facing the campus where everyone will be walking in from...

Surprised at the north south orientation, but maybe thats the only way it could fit. If one of the endzones was facing campus might have a great view overlooking the university... Although this way from the east stands you might overlook Busch Gardens all the way to downtown...

My reference point is the new UH stadium as I'm in east Texas. It's damn near perfectly done IMHO. Great views of downtown from the upper deck. They left a notch open just for that purpose. Great tailgating lots. Huge parking deck next to the stadium.

All good though... I'll take it!
09-01-2022 08:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.