Open TigerLinks

I love California but,,,
Bookmark and Share
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
Rolleyes I love California but,,,
As California Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom prepares to run for president, he continues to burnish his far-left credentials. In his state’s latest reality-be-damned, Green-New-Deal endeavor, California regulators have banned gas-powered cars by 2035 in favor of electric cars. Never mind that just a couple of months ago, the Reuters headline blared: "California says it needs more power to keep the lights on."

The Golden State of yesteryear, California, has a few problems these days: a violent crime spree, No. 1 in homelessness, No. 1 in poverty, among worst in the nation in roads, home of the supply-chain crisis, trillions in long-term debt, a water-delivery crisis, a disappearing middle-class, business flight, and on and on.

California is the only state in the nation that has a wildfire season that results in blackouts. For years, Californian officials have bowed to environmentalists and not cleared brush, wooded areas, and forests from overgrowth.

When that overgrowth is near electrical lines, deadly fires occur and California’s power-providers shut down power, sometimes days at a time. California’s Public Utility Commission even has a name for this. It’s aptly called "de-energization."

That de-energization policy is in response to wildfire death that saw the state’s main energy company, PG&E, plead guilty last year to 84 counts of involuntary manslaughter in a 2018 case. It was charged with manslaughter again in 2021 as a result of a deadly fire.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2022 07:42 AM by Hernando Hills Tiger.)
08-27-2022 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RE: I love California but it's being run by an idiot

[/quote]
08-28-2022 06:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

08-30-2022 01:47 PM

Now after telling everybody they have to buy electric cars they are telling people not to charge them just days later.
08-31-2022 08:51 PM

An immediate evacuation notice from the Emergency Alert System that interrupted regular TV programming in the Los Angeles area Wednesday, telling the entirety of L.A. County and the "Eastern North Pacific Ocean" area to evacuate due to a fire was sent in "error" by Los Angeles County, the Ventura County Sheriff said.

The erroneous alert, which repeated "Eastern North Pacific" a dozen times, said, "A civil authority has issued an IMMEDIATE EVACUATION NOTICE for the following counties or areas: Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Port Conception to Guadalupe Island, Eastern North Pacific; Los Angeles, CA; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; Eastern North Pacific Ocean; at 5:08 PM on AUG 31, 2022 Effective until 8:08 PM."
09-01-2022 07:30 AM

A district outside San Francisco suggested to parents they should rent rooms in their houses to local teachers who can't afford to live in the area. It was also suggested they they move to the dozens of homeless encampments in the local area.
09-06-2022 12:55 PM
Advertisement

A California judge, who hails from a powerful Democrat family who endorsed LA DA George Gascon, granted a mistrial for a man facing life in prison because he was sleepy.
09-06-2022 04:07 PM
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(09-06-2022 04:07 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  A California judge, who hails from a powerful Democrat family who endorsed LA DA George Gascon, granted a mistrial for a man facing life in prison because he was sleepy.

Woke LA judge with links to DA George Gascon declares MISTRIAL for robbery suspect because defendant didn't get a proper night's SLEEP in jail

Vamazae Banks, 24, pointed a gun at the head of a McDonald's cashier and threatened to kill her if she did not hand over money quickly enough

[Image: 62115171-11185143-image-a-14_1662473941066.jpg]
09-06-2022 10:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

What's the difference between California and the Titanic?

They Titanic had it's lights on when it sank.
09-07-2022 06:52 AM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
I'm going to a wedding in LA area in Nov. Should I cancel?
09-07-2022 08:40 AM

(09-07-2022 08:40 AM)poppaslaw Wrote:  I'm going to a wedding in LA area in Nov. Should I cancel?

No but be sure you are carrying.
09-07-2022 12:58 PM
Advertisement

" I walked in the room and it was 78 degrees and I was like wooo. I felt like I needed a jacket" Gov Newsom
09-07-2022 07:33 PM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(09-07-2022 07:33 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  " I walked in the room and it was 78 degrees and I was like wooo. I felt like I needed a jacket" Gov Newsom

I feel the same after mowing the lawn
09-07-2022 11:03 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Beginning to feel this way about Memphis...
09-08-2022 02:00 PM

Opinion From a Former Judge

I am a student of law whose age is 85. My first year of college was 68 years ago. One class I took was political science. A half-page of my textbook essentially outlined a few steps to overturn a democracy.

1) Divide the nation philosophically.
2) Foment racial strife.
3) Cause distrust of police authority.
4) Swarm the nation’s borders indiscriminately and unconstitutionally.
5) Engender the military strength to weaken it.
6) Overburden citizens with more unfair taxation.
7) Encourage civil rioting and discourage accountability for all crime.
8) Control all balloting.
9) Control all media.

What was printed in 1954 as a possible diabolic nightmare has become an emerging reality. I hope that Americans will unite enough to pen a good finish – Go dwelling.

Keith M. Alber
California

The Origins of the Newspaper Article

Initially, when looking for the origins of Alber’s “Opinion From a Former Judge,” we came up empty. As far as we could tell, a syndicated columnist named Ronald Hart once reprinted the letter in December 2021, but the trail seemed to end there.

However, after some additional research, we made contact with Alber over the phone.

Alber said he wrote the letter in October 2021 and sent it to The Epoch Times newspaper. (The letter in the photo that circulated on social media was believed to have come from that print publication.) The Epoch Times has a history of promoting far-right political rhetoric and conspiracy theories.

He told us he couldn’t remember the name of the college textbook he referenced, though he recalled having the book in 1954 when he attended “Napa College,” or what is now called Napa Valley College.

We asked Alber if he had anything to add regarding his letter, “Opinion From a Former Judge.” He shared the following:

At the time I read [the steps to overturn a democracy] back in 1954, I thought, ‘That could never happen. That would be a nightmare.’ And it would be disastrous for this country if that ever did happen. Years later, when it was happening, the attempt to achieve those goals was a reality. I became very alarmed. I have pretty much dedicated my life to the justice system and laws. I was a bench officer for 25 years in the Superior Court, and I’ve been interviewed by many news people. I don’t know, I just feel [the current state of the country is] a very sad comment on the public being so dumb.

On the subject of politics, Alber told us, “I don’t have any comment about politics. It’s not my specialty. And, so I don’t say anything about it.”

“I’m like Voltaire,” he added. “I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.”

In sum, yes, Alber wrote the virally shared article that was titled, “Opinion from a Former Judge,” and listed nine steps on how to overturn a democracy. This story will be updated if we receive any additional information about the textbook to which he referred in his letter.
09-13-2022 08:00 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
I lived in Monterey in the 60's, it was absolutely gorgeous then and I loved living there. My dad was stationed at Ft. Ord and attended the Defense Language Institute there - he was a simple man but spoke 6 languages. We were there during the Monterey Pop Festival and I remember driving through Monterey when it was being held. That was the first time I ever saw hippies. I ask my old man what in the heck they were and he said "son, they are the beginning of the end". That was in 1966-1967. He was a smart man.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022 08:22 PM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
09-13-2022 08:21 PM
Advertisement

From the San Francisco Gate:

There are traditionally two options for what to do with a body after death: burial or cremation.

In California, a third choice will soon present itself for those who shuffle off this mortal coil. That choice is human composting.

Assembly Bill 351, signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom on Sunday, will allow residents to choose human composting, or natural organic reduction (NOR), after death starting in 2027.

The process of composting a cadaver, already legalized in Washington, Colorado and Oregon, involves placing the body in a reusable container, surrounding it with wood chips and aerating it to let microbes and bacteria grow. After about a month, the remains will decompose and be fully transformed into soil. Companies such as Recompose in Washington offer the service at a natural organic reduction facility.

Unlike cremation, the process avoids the burning of fossil fuels and emission of carbon monoxide. National Geographic estimates that cremations in the U.S. alone emit about 360,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide a year.
09-20-2022 12:32 PM

A California judge is allowing a black entertainment group led by Byron Allen to continue their lawsuit against McDonalds for not spending enough money advertising with the network. The lawsuit alleges that McDonalds does not give enough of their advertising budget to black entertainment, therefore McDonalds is racist.

Byron Allen is suing McDonalds for $10 billion, demanding reparations from the fast-food chain for not spending enough advertising with his company.

There’s gold underneath those arches. On its face this looks like the extortion business model of Al Sharpton dressed up in corporate media suits. It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

Sept 20 (Reuters) – McDonald’s Corp has been ordered by a U.S. judge to defend against media entrepreneur Byron Allen’s $10 billion lawsuit accusing the fast-food chain of “racial stereotyping” by not advertising with Black-owned media.

In a decision on Friday, U.S. District Judge Fernando Olguin in Los Angeles said Allen could try to prove that McDonald’s violated federal and California civil rights laws by deeming his networks ineligible for the “vast majority” of its advertising dollars.
09-23-2022 07:48 AM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
$10 billion sounds about right
09-23-2022 10:31 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-23-2022 07:48 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  A California judge is allowing a black entertainment group led by Byron Allen to continue their lawsuit against McDonalds for not spending enough money advertising with the network. The lawsuit alleges that McDonalds does not give enough of their advertising budget to black entertainment, therefore McDonalds is racist.

Byron Allen is suing McDonalds for $10 billion, demanding reparations from the fast-food chain for not spending enough advertising with his company.

There’s gold underneath those arches. On its face this looks like the extortion business model of Al Sharpton dressed up in corporate media suits. It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

Sept 20 (Reuters) – McDonald’s Corp has been ordered by a U.S. judge to defend against media entrepreneur Byron Allen’s $10 billion lawsuit accusing the fast-food chain of “racial stereotyping” by not advertising with Black-owned media.

In a decision on Friday, U.S. District Judge Fernando Olguin in Los Angeles said Allen could try to prove that McDonald’s violated federal and California civil rights laws by deeming his networks ineligible for the “vast majority” of its advertising dollars.

I guess that's why the Chicago mayor felt comfortable in clapping-back at one of her city's top corporate citizens, when the McD CEO talked about Chicago crime.
09-23-2022 11:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.