Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Prediction time
Bookmark and Share
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Prediction time
Season is almost here, let's make some terrible projections.

West

Toledo
CMU
NIU
WMU
EMU
Ball St.

Thought CMU was the best team by the end of last year (and Nichols is the MACs best player), but Toledo brings more back. I know NIU has a ton of returning production but I think their close game luck runs out a bit. UT has by far the best defense and good pieces on offense as well. WMU is a wild card.. have them above EMU basically because they get the Eagles at home.

East

BGSU
Miami
Kent St.
Buffalo
Ohio
Akron

Put the top 4 or 5 teams in a blender and you have just as good of a shot. I like what Loeffler has been building honestly and they return a ton so I'll go with the mild surprise. Miami is a consistent contender at this point and Lewis' KSU is making moves. But there's just so little separating anyone in this division.

Champ: Toledo
MVP: Nichols
COTY: Loeffler
08-23-2022 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

RE: Prediction time
West

1. NIU - Hammock really seems to be on to something. He won the MAC with a VERY young team. They bring just about everyone back. Hard not to see a repeat.
2. Toledo - Loads of talent, great defense. Candle hasn't proven much though. Two preseason injuries on the OL might spell trouble.
3. CMU - Good players in Nichols and Richardson, but outside of those two this team is vulnerable. Huge question marks at WR, LB and in the secondary. New OC. They have a pretty easy schedule, so should be able to rack up wins barring injuries to key players.
4. WMU - Plenty of talent, has statistically been the best team in the MAC the last 3 years. Consistently underperform under Lester. Late season collapses, second half flops, questionable coaching decisions. New QB, new receivers, new OL, new O coordinator. Offense is an unknown, but defense should be very good.
5. EMU - Darkhorse candidate for a title? All hinges on the new QB. Creighton has built them into a respectable program, something I never thought I'd see at EMU again after years (decades?) of terribleness.
6. BSU - Replace a lot of key players from last year. Neu has been very up and down, really not sure what to think of this team.

Honestly 1 through 5 in the West are almost interchangeable. Gonna be a fun year.

East

1. Miami - They've been the most consistently solid team in the East in recent years.
2. Kent - Flash fast offense, atrocious defense. That's what we've come to expect.
3. Bowling Green - They bring back EVERYONE from last year. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
4. Ohio - Going through a major reset in the post-Solich era, but they have been good for so long, I can't see them finishing below 4th.
5. Buffalo - Another team going through a hard reset, replacing quite a few contributors.
6. Akron - It's Akron.

There's so much parity in the MAC, it's hard to rank these teams. Sometimes all that separates them is one or two key playmakers.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2022 01:39 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
08-23-2022 12:35 PM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
(08-23-2022 12:35 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  West

1. NIU - Hammock really seems to be on to something. He won the MAC with a VERY young team. They bring just about everyone back. Hard not to see a repeat.
2. Toledo - Loads of talent, great defense. Candle hasn't proven much though. Two preseason injuries on the OL might spell trouble.
3. CMU - Good players in Nichols and Richardson, but outside of those two this team is vulnerable. Huge question marks at WR, LB and in the secondary. New OC. They have a pretty easy schedule, so should be able to rack up wins barring injuries to key players.
4. WMU - Plenty of talent, has statistically been the best team in the MAC the last 3 years. Consistently underperform under Lester. Late season collapses, second half flops, questionable coaching decisions. New QB, new receivers, new OL, new O coordinator. Offense is an unknown, but defense should be very good.
5. EMU - Darkhorse candidate for a title? All hinges on the new QB. Creighton has built them into a respectable program, something I never thought I'd see at EMU again after years (decades?) of terribleness.
6. BSU - Replace a lot of key players from last year. Neu has been very up and down, really not sure what to think of this team.

Honestly 1 through 5 in the West are almost interchangeable. Gonna be a fun year.

East

1. Miami - They've been the most consistently solid team in the East in recent years.
2. Kent - Flash fast offense, atrocious defense. That's what we've come to expect.
3. Bowling Green - They bring back EVERYONE from last year. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
4. Ohio - Going through a major reset in the post-Solich era, but they have been good for so long, I can't see them finishing below 4th.
5. Buffalo - Another team going through a hard reset, replacing quite a few contributors.
6. Akron - It's Akron.

There's so much parity in the MAC, it's hard to rank these teams. Sometimes all that separate them are one or two key playmakers.

I think Eastern Michigan should be higher. Creighton is a great coach for EMU and sooner or later he gets it done.
08-23-2022 01:06 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(08-23-2022 01:06 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  I think Eastern Michigan should be higher. Creighton is a great coach for EMU and sooner or later he gets it done.

Like I said, 1 through 5 are interchangeable to me. It's going to be a dogfight in the West.
08-23-2022 01:36 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Here's mine. I'm guessing that all West teams are bowl eligible besides BSU, but only 2-3 East teams are.

West:
1. CMU - High on what the Chips and their staff have put together.
2. NIU - Very hard to repeat in the MAC, but they have a decent shot.
2. Toledo - Good roster on paper but UT usually finds a way to stumble late in the season.
4. EMU - Would like to see them win the West one day.
4. WMU - Unfortunately for Bronco fans they've typically underachieved under Lester.
6. Ball State - Like others said they're rebuilding, but at least they got a championship out of their run.

East:
1. Miami - Returns a great offense and we get KSU at home. Need Gabbert to stay healthy.
2. Kent State - Strong offense, optional D.
3. BG - Will flirt with a bowl imo but it'll be down to the wire.
4. OU - Not high on the post-Solich regime, we'll get a decent hint if they'll rebound based on Week 1 against FAU.
5. Buffalo - Shame that UB lost Leipold, he was building a really strong program.
6. Akron - Moorhead is a good hire but it'll be a season or two for the Zips to turn things around.
08-23-2022 03:59 PM
Schadenfreude Online
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(08-23-2022 12:04 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  East

BGSU
Miami
Kent St.
Buffalo
Ohio
Akron

Put the top 4 or 5 teams in a blender and you have just as good of a shot. I like what Loeffler has been building honestly and they return a ton so I'll go with the mild surprise. Miami is a consistent contender at this point and Lewis' KSU is making moves. But there's just so little separating anyone in this division.

Wow. Bold pick. From your lips to God's ears.

My best guess is Bowling Green finishes 6-6 and in second place in the East, but it won't be easy given the schedule.
08-23-2022 06:29 PM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
(08-23-2022 01:06 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  
(08-23-2022 12:35 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  West

East

6. Akron - It's Akron.

There's so much parity in the MAC, it's hard to rank these teams. Sometimes all that separate them are one or two key playmakers.

I think Eastern Michigan should be higher. Creighton is a great coach for EMU and sooner or later he gets it done.
It's hard for a WMU fan to put EMU ahead of their team...even tough EMU has won 3 straight in the series, returns 4 OL, all the receivers, all the RBs, has enhanced the defense through the portal, and has a former P5 QB with experience. Add in CMU, TOL, and NIU as home games.
08-23-2022 06:53 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
West:
Toledo -
EMU - have em beating UT, but dropping 2 or 3 others.
CMU - tie breaker loss to EMU
NIU - competitive
WMU - below .500
BSU - battling WMU for 5th

East:
Miami -
Kent -
BG -
UB -
Akron
Ohio -
08-23-2022 09:40 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(08-23-2022 06:53 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  It's hard for a WMU fan to put EMU ahead of their team...even tough EMU has won 3 straight in the series, returns 4 OL, all the receivers, all the RBs, has enhanced the defense through the portal, and has a former P5 QB with experience. Add in CMU, TOL, and NIU as home games.

Sheesh, my prediction made you that upset? I don't care about EMU one way or the other. I put CMU above us, so that should tell you something. Did you miss the part where I said 1 through 5 are interchangeable and EMU is a darkhorse for the championship?

Look mate, it's not personal. When's the last time EMU won the MAC? 3 winning seasons in the last 30 years, and those 3 were barely above .500. Forgive me for not seeing EMU as a powerhouse football program.
08-23-2022 10:15 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(08-23-2022 10:15 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  
(08-23-2022 06:53 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  It's hard for a WMU fan to put EMU ahead of their team...even tough EMU has won 3 straight in the series, returns 4 OL, all the receivers, all the RBs, has enhanced the defense through the portal, and has a former P5 QB with experience. Add in CMU, TOL, and NIU as home games.

Sheesh, my prediction made you that upset? I don't care about EMU one way or the other. I put CMU above us, so that should tell you something. Did you miss the part where I said 1 through 5 are interchangeable and EMU is a darkhorse for the championship?

Look mate, it's not personal. When's the last time EMU won the MAC? 3 winning seasons in the last 30 years, and those 3 were barely above .500. Forgive me for not seeing EMU as a powerhouse football program.

Go easy on him, we'd probably have inferiority complexes too in their shoes 03-wink

In all seriousness, it wouldn't be a surprise at all to me to see EMU finish above WMU. I really only picked them lower because of where the head to head is played this year. If it was in Ypsi I'd probably favor them and swap positions in the standings.
08-23-2022 11:08 PM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
The West will be a toss up. CMU has a veteran, the nations leading rusher, an experienced OL, and some good WR's given the two transfers that came in. I am concerned on defense though. -- we lost so much.

I expect the MACW to be tight again. NIU can't possibly pull out all of those close games again, EMU usually plays spoiler and looks to be decent, UT is always good, WMU and BSU will be down, but WMU can cause the upsets. Probably another 6-2/5-3 MACW winner.
08-24-2022 08:25 AM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
NIU
CMU
UT
WMU
EMU
BSU

It’s always NIU. They always win those close games.

MU
KSU
UB
BGSU
OU
UA
08-24-2022 11:16 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(08-24-2022 08:25 AM)george14 Wrote:  The West will be a toss up. CMU has a veteran, the nations leading rusher, an experienced OL, and some good WR's given the two transfers that came in. I am concerned on defense though. -- we lost so much.

I expect the MACW to be tight again. NIU can't possibly pull out all of those close games again, EMU usually plays spoiler and looks to be decent, UT is always good, WMU and BSU will be down, but WMU can cause the upsets. Probably another 6-2/5-3 MACW winner.

CMU fans think their OL and WR group is going to be just as good? You lost two tackles to the draft and couple of very good WRs (Pimpleton and Sullivan). Feel like Pimpleton was at CMU forever.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2022 11:29 AM by epasnoopy.)
08-24-2022 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

UT
EMU
NIU
CMU
BSU
WMU

MU
OU
KSU
BGSU
UB
UA
08-24-2022 11:36 AM
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
(08-24-2022 11:28 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(08-24-2022 08:25 AM)george14 Wrote:  The West will be a toss up. CMU has a veteran, the nations leading rusher, an experienced OL, and some good WR's given the two transfers that came in. I am concerned on defense though. -- we lost so much.

CMU fans think their OL and WR group is going to be just as good? You lost two tackles to the draft and couple of very good WRs (Pimpleton and Sullivan). Feel like Pimpleton was at CMU forever.

We feel good about the OL because both of those tackles that were lost to the NFL draft sat out the Sun Bowl where CMU was able to beat Washington State. So the replacements that played in that game held their own after stepping in.

WRs (after returning Dixon) are a question mark as to who will step up, but we still have our QB and RB back this year so to say we are cautiously optimistic would probably be a better description.
08-24-2022 02:42 PM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
The MAC West schools are getting feisty!.... I like it!
08-24-2022 02:52 PM
Advertisement

mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
East

Miami
Kent St.
Buffalo
BGSU
Akron
Ohio

West

CMU
NIU
Toledo
EMU
Ball St.
WMU

CMU over Miami for the Championship
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2022 03:00 PM by mufanatehc.)
08-24-2022 02:59 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(08-24-2022 02:42 PM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  

We feel good about the OL because both of those tackles that were lost to the NFL draft sat out the Sun Bowl where CMU was able to beat Washington State. So the replacements that played in that game held their own after stepping in.

WRs (after returning Dixon) are a question mark as to who will step up, but we still have our QB and RB back this year so to say we are cautiously optimistic would probably be a better description.

I really like Nichols. He's a good one. Do you think CMU rides him as hard this season? He had almost 350 carries on the season. That's a lot for any RB, especially one you want to keep healthy.

I feel NIU rode Harrison Waylee too hard and he got injured in the 5th game of our season. Then we went to more of a RB rotation.
08-24-2022 03:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
I ain't a predictor. I cheer for my school. So my prediction is:

MAC East: Kent State will win it, who comes second through sixth doesn't matter.
MAC West: It will be won by the School that Kent State is going to beat in the CCG in Detroit.
08-24-2022 04:19 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
(08-24-2022 03:54 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(08-24-2022 02:42 PM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  

I really like Nichols. He's a good one. Do you think CMU rides him as hard this season? He had almost 350 carries on the season. That's a lot for any RB, especially one you want to keep healthy.

I feel NIU rode Harrison Waylee too hard and he got injured in the 5th game of our season. Then we went to more of a RB rotation.

Coming into last season, Nichols was expected to be part of a 1-2 punch, but the other guy hurt his knee in fall camp, and there was no one proven behind them. This season, we return two other guys (Myles Bailey and Marion Lukes) who saw a respectable amount of game action, so Nichols will hopefully get a bit more rest.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2022 04:53 PM by CMichFan.)
08-24-2022 04:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.