Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Botched Car Bombing in Moscow Could Have Major Implications in Ukraine
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Botched Car Bombing in Moscow Could Have Major Implications in Ukraine
Quote:On Saturday night in Moscow, a car bomb exploded, killing the daughter of Alexander Dugin, Darya Dugina. Video of the incident was shared by various news sources showing the car in flames and what appears to be Dugin distraught standing across the street.

This is significant because Dugin is considered a major player in pushing Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, serving as a sort of new-world spiritual guide to Vladimir Putin. He’s been referred to as “Putin’s brain” in the past.

The assumption is that the car bombing was meant for Dugin but that his daughter mistakenly ended up on the receiving end of the explosion. It was his Toyota Land Cruiser that she was driving. That leaves several ways that things could go from here, and none of them are particularly good.

It is possible this is some more localized act, carried out by parts of the Russian mob culture. Dugin is obviously involved in a lot of shady stuff, and it wouldn’t be surprising at all if internal forces tried to take him out.

The other, far more dangerous possibility is that this was carried out by someone working for the Ukrainians or sympathetic to the Ukrainians. If there is any evidence provided of that, it’s going to be a major flashpoint that could cause a severe escalation in the war currently going on in Eastern Europe. Given Dugin’s role in that war, it would make sense that he would be a target.

The final path this could take is that this was a localized event but that the Russian government chooses to use it as a false excuse to escalate its invasion of Ukraine. No matter what the facts actually say here or who is actually behind the bombing, that’s probably exactly what will happen.

Link
08-21-2022 11:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Botched Car Bombing in Moscow Could Have Major Implications in Ukraine
Escalate how? Other than nukes—-they have escalated about all they can. The Russians have bombed cities to rubble, burned wheat fields, executed civilians, shelled nuke plants, and largely cut off the gas supply to the west. The Russians are out of escalatory options at this point—-while the West is still in possession of a ton of escalations that fall well short of going nuclear (everything from longer range missiles for the HIMARS to giving the Ukrainians F-16s and patriot batteries). Now it appears that Russia is finding out that pacifying hostile territory during a war takes much more manpower than shelling the hell out of a city and only moving forward once it’s reduced to complete rubble.

Crimea is showing the Russians that this is no longer JUST a traditional war with a front line—-a well armed resistance is emerging ending the era where the area well behind the front lines is safe for Russian soldiers. Crimea is turning into a remake of the movie Red Dawn—and now we see car bombs in Moscow aimed at top officials. How long before their oil infrastructure is hit by a crippling sabotage raid? That infrastructure is much more fragile than you might think and it is the key to Russia’s ability to finance their Ukrainian folly.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022 12:35 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-21-2022 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I think it was yesterday that a Ukrainian drone hit the Russian Black Sea headquarters in southern Crimea. Prior to that there have been a number of successful and spectacular strikes against Russian military targets in Crimea ....including the famous video of Russians on the beach watching a mushroom cloud appear over a nearby Russian military base. Now this assassination of a prominent person in the suburbs of Moscow. Just the day before the New York Times ran an article about the growing discontent in Russia in regards to the war. The attacks in Crimea and this certainly creates some uneasiness, to put it mildly, among the Russian leadership. The war isn't all over there anymore.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022 12:09 PM by TIGERCITY.)
08-21-2022 12:07 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(08-21-2022 12:06 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Escalate how? Other than nukes—-they have escalated about all they can. They bombed cities to rubble, burned wheat fields, executed civilians, shelled nuke plants, and largely cut off the gas supply to the west. The Russians are out of escalatory options at this point—-while the West is still in possession of a ton of escalations that fall well short of going nuclear (everything from longer range missiles for the HIMARS to giving the Ukrainians F-16s and patriot batteries). It appears that Russia is now finding out that pacifying hostile territory during a war takes much more manpower than shelling the hell out of a city and only moving forward once it’s reduced to complete rubble. Crimea is showing the Russians that this is no longer a traditional war with a front line—-it’s starting to morph into a state on state war with a well armed resistance ending the narrative that the area well behind the front lines are safe for Russian soldiers. Crimea is turning around not a remake of the movie Red Dawn.

03-lmfao

Nope they've done it. Double secret probation.

Probably a Russian false flag. Or dude owes the mob.
08-21-2022 12:22 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022 01:12 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
08-21-2022 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
I expect the brutality of the war to escalate. Russia may declare war officially at some point. And if it was ever in actual jeopardy of losing the war, I would expect Russia to drop either a chemical weapon or a small tactical nuke on Kyiv to force capitulation.
08-21-2022 01:14 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(08-21-2022 01:14 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  I expect the brutality of the war to escalate. Russia may declare war officially at some point. And if it was ever in actual jeopardy of losing the war, I would expect Russia to drop either a chemical weapon or a small tactical nuke on Kyiv to force capitulation.

They probably wont get capitulation. The problem is once they go nuclear---all options are on the table for attacks against Russia including the Ukrainians taking out Russia's oil/gas infrastructure--or more likely----a poor mans nuclear attack (ie--using conventional weapons to crack open nuclear power plants inside of Russia).
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022 02:59 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-21-2022 02:58 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Nothing another eleventy billion wont solve

03-no
08-21-2022 03:02 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Paybacks are he!!.
08-21-2022 03:32 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-21-2022 12:06 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Escalate how? Other than nukes—-they have escalated about all they can. The Russians have bombed cities to rubble, burned wheat fields, executed civilians, shelled nuke plants, and largely cut off the gas supply to the west. The Russians are out of escalatory options at this point—-while the West is still in possession of a ton of escalations that fall well short of going nuclear (everything from longer range missiles for the HIMARS to giving the Ukrainians F-16s and patriot batteries). Now it appears that Russia is finding out that pacifying hostile territory during a war takes much more manpower than shelling the hell out of a city and only moving forward once it’s reduced to complete rubble.

Crimea is showing the Russians that this is no longer JUST a traditional war with a front line—-a well armed resistance is emerging ending the era where the area well behind the front lines is safe for Russian soldiers. Crimea is turning into a remake of the movie Red Dawn—and now we see car bombs in Moscow aimed at top officials. How long before their oil infrastructure is hit by a crippling sabotage raid? That infrastructure is much more fragile than you might think and it is the key to Russia’s ability to finance their Ukrainian folly.

Really. They've already sent a number of people to try to assassinate the Ukrainian president.

There is no significant escalation left for Moscow short of nuclear. And they simply will not do that. Putin may be paranoid, but he's not fully insane.
08-21-2022 04:50 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-21-2022 01:14 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  I expect the brutality of the war to escalate. Russia may declare war officially at some point. And if it was ever in actual jeopardy of losing the war, I would expect Russia to drop either a chemical weapon or a small tactical nuke on Kyiv to force capitulation.

Bombing civilian populations, levelling entire cities, murdering civilians in occupied territories, mass deportations, taking children from their parents, murdering POWs. How do you think the brutality can escalate?

This IS an all out war.
08-21-2022 04:53 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Who killed the spawn of Putin's brain may never be resolved... although the Russian "investigation" will eventually point a finger. I'm sure the evidence and storyline are being created as I type. However one thing IS clear, while she may not have been the intended target she was no innocent bystander.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022 08:32 AM by TIGERCITY.)
08-22-2022 08:31 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(08-22-2022 08:31 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Who killed the spawn of Putin's brain may never be resolved... although the Russian "investigation" will eventually point a finger. I'm sure the evidence and storyline are being created as I type. However one thing IS clear, while she may not have been the intended target she was no innocent bystander.

so you think its ok to assassinate the kids of people you deem bad.

why does that not surprise me

07-coffee3
08-22-2022 08:49 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(08-22-2022 08:49 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(08-22-2022 08:31 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Who killed the spawn of Putin's brain may never be resolved... although the Russian "investigation" will eventually point a finger. I'm sure the evidence and storyline are being created as I type. However one thing IS clear, while she may not have been the intended target she was no innocent bystander.

07-coffee3

Heck, our current President drone strikes entire families of aid workers. Maybe we shouldn’t hold this against Ukraine. 07-coffee3
08-22-2022 09:14 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

08-22-2022 09:36 AM
Attackcoog Offline

07-coffee3

Lol. What do you think is happening at the front? This isn’t the Clone Wars. Every casualty is someone’s kid.
08-22-2022 10:37 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-22-2022 09:36 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Right on script although the timing seems off. They found Lots in a short period of time... In any event the FSB, the Federal Security Service, is the successor agency to the KGB.
08-22-2022 10:45 AM
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-22-2022 10:45 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  
(08-22-2022 09:36 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Right on script although the timing seems off. They found Lots in a short period of time... In any event the FSB, the Federal Security Service, is the successor agency to the KGB.

By the way the Federal Security Service is suspected to be behind the various politically motivated poisonings, tortures and murders in Russia and around the world. Wikipedia has a pretty good outline.
08-22-2022 10:57 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(08-22-2022 10:37 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Lol. What do you think is happening at the front? This isn’t the Clone Wars. Every casualty is someone’s kid.

Just so i understand the terms of engagement

Got it
08-22-2022 11:00 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-22-2022 11:00 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(08-22-2022 10:37 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Just so i understand the terms of engagement

Got it

Ask yourself a few questions Alpha Man. The first one might be what does Ukraine gain by assassinating a News correspondent and a minor political figure inside of Russia? The second might be why would the woman, alleged by the FSB to have committed the assassination, have have her 10-year-old daughter tagging along with her? Of course this could all still be true but considering the source of the investigation - an agency with a history of political assassination and torture- I would think questions still need to be asked.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022 01:15 PM by TIGERCITY.)
08-22-2022 01:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.