Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Keeping the 85 scholarship limit
Bookmark and Share
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Keeping the 85 scholarship limit
The Big 10 is projected to reap 1 billion dollars from TV contracts this season. With that kind of money flowing to one conference, it's imperative the NCAA maintain the grant in aid to no more than 85 per year. With that money , can you imagine what the payout of NIL to OSU players alone will be ? If those same players don't get what they think they will be worth, they won't be transferring out to any leagues like the MAC for more money.
08-19-2022 06:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Keeping the 85 scholarship limit
(08-19-2022 06:35 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  The Big 10 is projected to reap 1 billion dollars from TV contracts this season. With that kind of money flowing to one conference, it's imperative the NCAA maintain the grant in aid to no more than 85 per year. With that money , can you imagine what the payout of NIL to OSU players alone will be ? If those same players don't get what they think they will be worth, they won't be transferring out to any leagues like the MAC for more money.

I thought the schools couldn't directly pay players. But then, some of the P5 teams want to give players a share of media rights and many don't want D1 football to be under NCAA control. With the Big Ten talking about a ten game league schedule, that doesn't leave much room for a MAC school to get a big payday.
08-19-2022 06:54 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

They can't payout NIL, but what I was saying if they don't get what they think they are worth from private enterprises, they will go to other power 3 or 5 conferences. On the horizon, there will be very little wiggle room for a nice payday from teams like OSU, ND perhaps, other Big 10 schools.
08-19-2022 07:12 PM
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

The future of College football is shaky indeed. College football is now just like professional sports. There is no difference.

Schools like UT are now lost in the college sports wilderness.

NIL was naively envisioned to be a income assist like the OSU autograph situation not a billion dollar zoo. The OSU scandal looks so damn mild now. It's almost ridiculous how far the sport has deviated in just a few years. College football is almost unrecognizable from 2018 when the early signing period was being thrust upon us, then the T-portal, and now NIL. Too much change for yours truly to stomach.
08-19-2022 11:44 PM
WHRocket Online
2nd String

College football is not like the NFL. It’s worse. There’s no salary cap and no draft. Whoever has the most money is likely to win.
08-20-2022 07:32 AM
Advertisement

BDV27 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(08-20-2022 07:32 AM)WHRocket Wrote:  College football is not like the NFL. It’s worse. There’s no salary cap and no draft. Whoever has the most money is likely to win.

Exactly
08-20-2022 10:38 AM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

(08-20-2022 07:32 AM)WHRocket Wrote:  College football is not like the NFL. It’s worse. There’s no salary cap and no draft. Whoever has the most money is likely to win.

You are so right! It isn’t exactly like pros it’s far worse.

We’ll said

When Alabama can flip 5 stars from ND you know their is a big dollar big dog.

Go Rockets!!
08-20-2022 01:17 PM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

I am slowly starting to flip from watching D1 college football religiously to watching the NFL. Realizing that any team in the NFL has an opportunity to win against a stronger opponent on any given Sunday. Someone said it, it made because of there is a draft and a salary cap. But I still like a good MAC match up between certain schools (UT anytime, Kent St. Miami, DII UD as well ). Although Marshall plays at BGSU (Sept 17) this year, made catch that action, starting at 5. I wonder if BG can compete against them. I wish i could watch more of N. Dakota State ( having watch them and UND when I was station with the USAF in the 80's). The Bison have just dominated FCS football.
08-20-2022 05:36 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-20-2022 01:17 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  

You are so right! It isn’t exactly like pros it’s far worse.

We’ll said

When Alabama can flip 5 stars from ND you know their is a big dollar big dog.

Go Rockets!!

ND football is nothing compared to Alabama. They haven't won a national title since 1988.
08-20-2022 05:38 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(08-19-2022 06:35 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  The Big 10 is projected to reap 1 billion dollars from TV contracts this season. With that kind of money flowing to one conference, it's imperative the NCAA maintain the grant in aid to no more than 85 per year. With that money , can you imagine what the payout of NIL to OSU players alone will be ? If those same players don't get what they think they will be worth, they won't be transferring out to any leagues like the MAC for more money.

I agree and it is rare that I agree with you but you are 100% correct.
08-21-2022 10:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.