Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

the bloody Scots have a 'green thumb', too ... once again, muh irony!
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
the bloody Scots have a 'green thumb', too ... once again, muh irony!
https://trib247.com/articles/scotland-cu...d-turbines

Quote:Late last year, Scotland was the site of the United Nations 26th Conference of the Parties (COP26) climate summit.

The globalists at the COP26 summit in Glasgow agreed to end deforestation by 2030.

So the slaughter of 14 million trees would seem an especially ironic move.

But that, indeed, is what Scotland did.

As reported in the Scottish publication The Herald, authorities in Scotland approved the removal of 14 million trees to clear forest land for 21 wind turbines.

Leftists apparently are so intent on ending the use of fossil fuels that they are willing to rape Mother Earth to get there.

“The Scottish Government has moved to reassure that more trees have been planted, but it is unknown what proportion of these are mature plants that play a bigger role in turning carbon into oxygen,” the report said. “A Scottish conservation charity, which has planted almost two million trees across the Highlands, believes that both wind farms and trees are key to reducing carbon levels.”

The Herald cited a spokesman for Forestry and Land Scotland as saying: “Renewable energy and forests are key to Scotland’s contribution to mitigating climate change and FLS is successfully managing both elements. The figure for trees felled for windfarm development on Scotland’s forests and land, as managed by FLS, over the past 20 years is 13.9 million. However, it should be noted that these trees – being a commercial crop – will have eventually have been felled and passed into the timber supply chain in any case.”

#blackjack

addendum: I'm certain they won't be replanted in the path of 21 wind turbines...
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022 02:48 PM by stinkfist.)
08-15-2022 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tennis2k4 Offline
Master Mason

I Root For: memphis
RE: the bloody Scots have a 'green thumb', too ... once again, muh irony!
So ignoring the by 2030 so what irony? And the electricity from the turbines will probably do more good than the trees, not to mention them planting new trees elsewhere.
08-15-2022 02:48 PM
stinkfist Offline

(08-15-2022 02:48 PM)tennis2k4 Wrote:  So ignoring the by 2030 so what irony? And the electricity from the turbines will probably do more good than the trees, not to mention them planting new trees elsewhere.

didn't you just post something about somebody not knowing shite about monkeypox?!

do you realize that amount of tree loss absorbs 304,000,000 Kg of carbon annually .... and I can't begin to calculate the carbon expense to generate those turbines and said infrastructure ... skirts like ewes are fk'd, and ya don't even know it...

@22kg/tree
08-15-2022 02:56 PM
tennis2k4 Offline
Master Mason

I Root For: memphis
"However, it should be noted that these trees – being a commercial crop – will have eventually have been felled and passed into the timber supply chain in any case.”
So the trees would have been cut down either way but at least the land will be used for renewable energy so still failing to see the problem.
08-15-2022 03:00 PM
stinkfist Offline

(08-15-2022 03:00 PM)tennis2k4 Wrote:  "However, it should be noted that these trees – being a commercial crop – will have eventually have been felled and passed into the timber supply chain in any case.”
So the trees would have been cut down either way but at least the land will be used for renewable energy so still failing to see the problem.

however, it should also be noted that replenishment is subsidized and my numbers quoted are from a mature tree...

also, li'l skeet skirt, it matters when any commercial entity replenishes to continue to keep inventory .... well, unless they got paid off and don't give a fk anymore...

#hook+line+sinker
08-15-2022 03:05 PM
Advertisement

Kyle Mack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati Bearcats
(08-15-2022 02:48 PM)tennis2k4 Wrote:  So ignoring the by 2030 so what irony? And the electricity from the turbines will probably do more good than the trees, not to mention them planting new trees elsewhere.

Electricity = white supremacy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: mwo,x540,ipad_2_skin-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg]
08-15-2022 03:21 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Eliminate natural carbon sinks, install an unreliable electricity generating source where fossil fuels will take up the slack and then find a place to landfill your turbine blades every few years as they wear out because...they aren't economically viable to recycle....
08-15-2022 03:25 PM
stinkfist Offline

(08-15-2022 03:25 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Eliminate natural carbon sinks, install an unreliable electricity generating source where fossil fuels will take up the slack and then find a place to landfill your turbine blades every few years as they wear out because...they aren't economically viable to recycle....

I'm going to extrapolate...

I firmly believe the coming era ranks up there with the Dutch tulips and the introduction of the stock market in the 19th-early 20th .... the law of diminishing free fall will make the roaring '20s look like a kid that entered the candy store and realized it was nothing but 'fromunda cheese'...

there's a reason Ike was the master of keeping inflation in check ... he simply didn't see the cause/effect when the boomers emerged...

@suchIs

addendum: owl#s is mostly spot-on ... the only question left is???? #tooLate
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022 03:44 PM by stinkfist.)
08-15-2022 03:34 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(08-15-2022 03:21 PM)Kyle Mack Wrote:  

Tennis, tigercity and elvis
08-15-2022 03:40 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(08-15-2022 02:42 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  https://trib247.com/articles/scotland-cu...d-turbines

Quote:Late last year, Scotland was the site of the United Nations 26th Conference of the Parties (COP26) climate summit.

The globalists at the COP26 summit in Glasgow agreed to end deforestation by 2030.

So the slaughter of 14 million trees would seem an especially ironic move.

But that, indeed, is what Scotland did.

As reported in the Scottish publication The Herald, authorities in Scotland approved the removal of 14 million trees to clear forest land for 21 wind turbines.

Leftists apparently are so intent on ending the use of fossil fuels that they are willing to rape Mother Earth to get there.

“The Scottish Government has moved to reassure that more trees have been planted, but it is unknown what proportion of these are mature plants that play a bigger role in turning carbon into oxygen,” the report said. “A Scottish conservation charity, which has planted almost two million trees across the Highlands, believes that both wind farms and trees are key to reducing carbon levels.”

The Herald cited a spokesman for Forestry and Land Scotland as saying: “Renewable energy and forests are key to Scotland’s contribution to mitigating climate change and FLS is successfully managing both elements. The figure for trees felled for windfarm development on Scotland’s forests and land, as managed by FLS, over the past 20 years is 13.9 million. However, it should be noted that these trees – being a commercial crop – will have eventually have been felled and passed into the timber supply chain in any case.”

#blackjack

addendum: I'm certain they won't be replanted in the path of 21 wind turbines...

How many times have I said just that ^^^ at the risk of sounding repetitive?

Now, extrapolate that out to ANY of the leftist marxist stupid ideas on this fake "climate" redistribution plans.

Gonna have a bunch of day laborers and waitresses subsidizing lawyers and doctors purchase of climate killing battery cars.

Good plan, you dopes.

Go read the study of this plan from the Copenhagen Consensus out of Stanford (I think that's right). Nothing more than another tax and spend plan, and we're ALL gonna pay. for nothing. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022 04:12 PM by JMUDunk.)
08-15-2022 03:45 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(08-15-2022 03:00 PM)tennis2k4 Wrote:  "However, it should be noted that these trees – being a commercial crop – will have eventually have been felled and passed into the timber supply chain in any case.”

How do you plan on making these bigasss fans? Where are the materials gonna come from? Who's gonna make them? When they inevitably break and fall apart where they gonna go then?

Total and complete boondoggle virtue signaling. Wreck things so we can claim we need more monies to then "fix" them...

Foolishness
08-15-2022 03:53 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Windmills and solar panels are cute distractions for Enviro-commies, but they won't provide base load electricity and they certainly won't power your EV and house year-round.
08-16-2022 08:04 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Obviously the better plan is to develop ways to capture the carbon and not release it into the atmosphere. This coming from a life long electrician with extensive knowledge of how batteries and green energy work. Battery technology isn't close to where it needs to be if we are going to go all EVs. This also doesn't include how we will be able to produce the mountain of extra energy to recharge the EV batteries.
08-16-2022 08:58 AM
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
(08-16-2022 08:58 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  Obviously the better plan is to develop ways to capture the carbon and not release it into the atmosphere. This coming from a life long electrician with extensive knowledge of how batteries and green energy work. Battery technology isn't close to where it needs to be if we are going to go all EVs. This also doesn't include how we will be able to produce the mountain of extra energy to recharge the EV batteries.

The environ-mentals (yes, I spelled it like that deliberately) don't care. They want "green" energy so they can save "Mother Earth" or some crap.

I still say hydrogen fuel cells are what we need to be looking into for alternative energy as far as automobiles are concerned. But of course, the increasing push for EV is what happens when the government decides what's going to be the wave of the future instead of the free market.

#hoodwinkednation
08-16-2022 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(08-15-2022 03:25 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Eliminate natural carbon sinks, install an unreliable electricity generating source where fossil fuels will take up the slack and then find a place to landfill your turbine blades every few years as they wear out because...they aren't economically viable to recycle....

what could possibly go wrong?
08-16-2022 01:29 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(08-15-2022 03:40 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Tom is relieved by their recent reemergence.
08-16-2022 01:30 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(08-16-2022 09:54 AM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  
(08-16-2022 08:58 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  Obviously the better plan is to develop ways to capture the carbon and not release it into the atmosphere. This coming from a life long electrician with extensive knowledge of how batteries and green energy work. Battery technology isn't close to where it needs to be if we are going to go all EVs. This also doesn't include how we will be able to produce the mountain of extra energy to recharge the EV batteries.

The environ-mentals (yes, I spelled it like that deliberately) don't care. They want "green" energy so they can save "Mother Earth" or some crap.

I still say hydrogen fuel cells are what we need to be looking into for alternative energy as far as automobiles are concerned. But of course, the increasing push for EV is what happens when the government decides what's going to be the wave of the future instead of the free market.

#hoodwinkednation

Spot on.
08-16-2022 01:33 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(08-16-2022 01:30 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(08-15-2022 03:40 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Tom is relieved by their recent reemergence.

it’s akin to spring break sans the bikinis and whoop juice … 03-wink
08-16-2022 02:17 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(08-16-2022 01:29 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

what could possibly go wrong?

You become Germany on steroids if you're the U.S.

The Krauts currently firing up all those mothballed BIG, BEAUTIFUL, clean burning coal power plants.

Had no choice and no, setting the thermostats at 80 in the Summer didn't help all that much... 07-coffee3
08-16-2022 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.