Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes
Bookmark and Share
El Chanto Offline
1st String

I Root For: CoastalCarolina
Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes
More like tidbits than talk but whatever! We need football, folks, and fast. Here's to Grayson McCall staying healthy since he's our whole team (according to the anonymous source speaking about Coastal)...

https://athlonsports.com/college-footbal...s-for-2022
08-10-2022 08:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThunderingHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes
(08-10-2022 08:52 PM)El Chanto Wrote:  More like tidbits than talk but whatever! We need football, folks, and fast. Here's to Grayson McCall staying healthy since he's our whole team (according to the anonymous source speaking about Coastal)...

Ummm… nowhere does it say that he is the “whole team.” The phrase “everything goes through him” is common for a high-level, experienced quarterback.

I do like the concept though. Those tidbits are a mixture of respect and competitive banter.
08-10-2022 09:25 PM
ragin4u Offline
WOKE AF

I Root For: Louisiana & Magat Tears
(08-10-2022 09:25 PM)ThunderingHerdFan Wrote:  
(08-10-2022 08:52 PM)El Chanto Wrote:  More like tidbits than talk but whatever! We need football, folks, and fast. Here's to Grayson McCall staying healthy since he's our whole team (according to the anonymous source speaking about Coastal)...

Ummm… nowhere does it say that he is the “whole team.” The phrase “everything goes through him” is common for a high-level, experienced quarterback.

I do like the concept though. Those tidbits are a mixture of respect and competitive banter.

CCu fans can be a little sensitive at times. You'll learn.
Interesting takes for sure. I cannot say I disagree with the take on Louisiana. It's going to be hard to be better than 13-1 but it feels like some fans are ready to pounce if we don't go 14-0.
08-11-2022 02:19 PM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
(08-11-2022 02:19 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  

Interesting takes for sure. I cannot say I disagree with the take on Louisiana. It's going to be hard to be better than 13-1 but it feels like some fans are ready to pounce if we don't go 14-0.

We aren’t so sensitive that we cry when the actual acronym of our school is used though. Only one fan base does that.
08-11-2022 02:55 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana

Bro, if he goes down y’all are a 5 win team at best.
08-11-2022 03:23 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
RIP thread... We barely knew you...
08-11-2022 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
(08-11-2022 03:26 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  RIP thread... We barely knew you...

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
08-11-2022 03:38 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
I can hear the tidbit about App State in Shawn Elliott's voice.
08-11-2022 04:02 PM
ragin4u Offline
WOKE AF

(08-11-2022 02:55 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 02:19 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  

We aren’t so sensitive that we cry when the actual acronym of our school is used though. Only one fan base does that.

Like fish in a barrel.
08-11-2022 04:04 PM
FrankyP Offline
All American

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(08-11-2022 03:23 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

Bro, if he goes down y’all are a 5 win team at best.
Yep. And even him with last year they couldn’t win their division, much less the conf, lol
08-11-2022 04:32 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
You can predict Coastal will drop off a cliff this season or you can say Grayson McCall is Coastal's team, but you can't say both.

Like I've said before, I think it's interesting they're generally picked to drop off more than App State and Louisiana. We'll see.

Not trying to stoke the UL-Coastal argument, JMHO.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022 06:02 PM by EigenEagle.)
08-11-2022 06:00 PM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(08-11-2022 06:00 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  IMO, you can predict Coastal will drop off a cliff this season or you can say Grayson McCall is Coastal's team, but you can't say both.

Like I've said before, I think it's interesting they're generally picked to drop off more than App State and Louisiana. We'll see.

If McCall is healthy they will be in the hunt for the east. They will need some breaks to go their way. But they are absolutely a very solid team. They just have a generational QB for their program right now.
08-11-2022 06:03 PM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
(08-11-2022 06:03 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 06:00 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  IMO, you can predict Coastal will drop off a cliff this season or you can say Grayson McCall is Coastal's team, but you can't say both.

If McCall is healthy they will be in the hunt for the east. They will need some breaks to go their way. But they are absolutely a very solid team. They just have a generational QB for their program right now.

I mean....they're the Sunbelt version of Clemson with Trevor Lawrence. It's good eating for Coastal and you know they're gonna give everyone fits until he's gone, but once he's gone, everyone will sigh in relief. Coastal will have to "re-find" an identity, or recruit another big banger. Like I said before...it's good eating today.
08-11-2022 06:38 PM
ragin4u Offline
WOKE AF

That's the thing. It's not like he's The Man on a team full of slugs. There has been good talent around him and he has been the best qb in the league. It's a recipe for success. The trick is what happens next?
Same with us. Everyone wanted to replace Levi while he was winning. Now he's gone and we will have to learn to win without him.
08-11-2022 07:02 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(08-11-2022 07:02 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  

That's the thing. It's not like he's The Man on a team full of slugs. There has been good talent around him and he has been the best qb in the league. It's a recipe for success. The trick is what happens next?
Same with us. Everyone wanted to replace Levi while he was winning. Now he's gone and we will have to learn to win without him.

Can make the case that CCU has lost more talent than anyone else except maybe Louisiana, (thanks Napier), the easier schedule will help, but like APP, they have a lot of question marks, and are going to need some of the “pups” to step up in a big way
08-11-2022 07:33 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-11-2022 06:38 PM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  

I mean....they're the Sunbelt version of Clemson with Trevor Lawrence. It's good eating for Coastal and you know they're gonna give everyone fits until he's gone, but once he's gone, everyone will sigh in relief. Coastal will have to "re-find" an identity, or recruit another big banger. Like I said before...it's good eating today.

Clemson add the best defense in the conference the past five years, not a great analogy.

CCU in two years will have more talent across the board at 23 positions in two years. This year could be a growing year for those guys masked by the best QB in the league.
08-11-2022 07:39 PM
Advertisement

Herdfan1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Herd
(08-11-2022 06:00 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  You can predict Coastal will drop off a cliff this season or you can say Grayson McCall is Coastal's team, but you can't say both.

Haven't heard much about APP, which surprises me since a friend of mine is friends with Clark, but I expect a big drop from The Cajuns and Coastal will be fine until Grayson gets hurt, then they're battling ODU. (Again, not pokin' the bear, just a thought)
08-12-2022 01:11 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

App has a ton of new faces on the probable two deep, first half of the year could be inconsistent.
08-12-2022 07:20 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(08-12-2022 01:11 AM)Herdfan1 Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 06:00 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  You can predict Coastal will drop off a cliff this season or you can say Grayson McCall is Coastal's team, but you can't say both.

Haven't heard much about APP, which surprises me since a friend of mine is friends with Clark, but I expect a big drop from The Cajuns and Coastal will be fine until Grayson gets hurt, then they're battling ODU. (Again, not pokin' the bear, just a thought)

[Image: 48-A8-ED47-A75-C-4-CA5-9-FD5-ADF1623-FA89-D.jpg]
08-12-2022 09:15 AM
ragin4u Offline
WOKE AF

(08-11-2022 07:33 PM)moehler Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 07:02 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  

Can make the case that CCU has lost more talent than anyone else except maybe Louisiana, (thanks Napier), the easier schedule will help, but like APP, they have a lot of question marks, and are going to need some of the “pups” to step up in a big way

One of the things I liked about Napier was his willingness to play lots of guys in meaningful situations, not just mop up duty. It certainly has paid dividends and hopefully will ease some of the pain of the guys lost. Hopefully Des does the same thing.
08-12-2022 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.