Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

16 Days until CUSA 3.5 Football Season Starts
Bookmark and Share
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Exclamation 16 Days until CUSA 3.5 Football Season Starts
Less than 7 weeks until the season kicks off.

Sat Aug 27th - WKU vs FCS Austin Peay
Sat Aug 27th - Charlotte at FAU
Both games will be on CBSS.

Sat Aug 27th - NT at UTEP
Game on Stadium

I'm so ready for the season to begin and give us all something to talk about besides the usual Summer blabbering.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022 05:45 PM by WKUApollo.)
07-17-2022 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
RE: 41 Days until CUSA 3.5 Football Season Starts
And we play week zero!
07-17-2022 12:36 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt is checking out hooters restaurants in boca on yelp
07-17-2022 05:27 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Been a very long off season, seems like forever since Western gave away the championship, then beat the dog crap out of "the next Boise St"
07-17-2022 06:29 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

(07-17-2022 05:27 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt is checking out hooters restaurants in boca on yelp

The one and only by the stadium is your best bet.
07-17-2022 06:49 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(07-17-2022 05:27 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt is checking out hooters restaurants in boca on yelp

I'd say the Hooters in South Florida are likely better than any you'd find in any other CUSA city.

The restaurants are probably good too.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2022 06:59 PM by WKUApollo.)
07-17-2022 06:58 PM
Advertisement

Dusky Offline
1st String

(07-17-2022 06:58 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

I'd say the Hooters in South Florida are likely better than any you'd find in any other CUSA city.

The restaurants are probably good too.

Rimshot
07-17-2022 07:49 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
Rumour is that UTEP has already sold 36k tickets to the opener against North Texas.
07-23-2022 10:00 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(07-23-2022 10:00 AM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  Rumour is that UTEP has already sold 36k tickets to the opener against North Texas.

Correct. Good ticket campaign plus covid concerns are down plus UTEP coming off a bowl season all add up to a good crowd. Of course monkey pox could derail things. 03-banghead

This should be another dog fight game like the last two between these 2 teams. Down to the wire. I'm hoping a big crowd will help push the Miners over the line.

UNT might just have the best O-line in CUSA while UTEP may have the best D-line. A classic matchup.

As of now the odds makers have UNT as a 1 point road favorite. Should be a good one. I'm expecting both to make bowl games either way. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2022 11:15 AM by MinerInWisconsin.)
07-23-2022 11:13 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(07-17-2022 06:29 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Been a very long off season, seems like forever since Western gave away the championship, then beat the dog crap out of "the next Boise St"

1) We beat you twice last year, in Kentucky and in Texas.
2) We were up 28-13 at the half, and nearly halfway through the 3rd quarter, we were up 42-13. Credit to you guys for coming back and making a game of it, but your one-dimensional offense is what failed you in the end.
07-23-2022 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JackedUp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Jacksonville State
(07-17-2022 06:29 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Been a very long off season, seems like forever since Western gave away the championship, then beat the dog crap out of "the next Boise St"

Yes the next Boise State…. that is 2-7 against P5 schools and never even played a P5 in a bowl game

But hey They have won the Sunbelt multiple times! 03-lmfao
07-23-2022 08:27 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-23-2022 12:09 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  

2) We were up 28-13 at the half, and nearly halfway through the 3rd quarter, we were up 42-13. Credit to you guys for coming back and making a game of it, but your one-dimensional offense is what failed you in the end.

That's another way you can look at and I wouldnt say its wrong. But I still believe Western gave away the championship game on plays that hadn't happened all season. Like the fumble punt was his first all season and the easy TD that was dropped on a wide open pass right in the WR hands. I dont think UTSA had anything to do with either.

We both know the blocking below the waist 20 yards away from the play and a few second after the play was a bad call. Or at least we both should know that. First and goal at the 2 to win the game or 3rd and 20.

But both were still Ls nothing is changing that
07-24-2022 03:50 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(07-24-2022 03:50 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

That's another way you can look at and I wouldnt say its wrong. But I still believe Western gave away the championship game on plays that hadn't happened all season. Like the fumble punt was his first all season and the easy TD that was dropped on a wide open pass right in the WR hands. I dont think UTSA had anything to do with either.

We both know the blocking below the waist 20 yards away from the play and a few second after the play was a bad call. Or at least we both should know that. First and goal at the 2 to win the game or 3rd and 20.

1) I'll address your first paragraph first, since it had to do with the championship game.

The fumbled punt was a tough break. Yes, UTSA had nothing to do with that, as he just muffed it. But as far as the dropped TD pass goes, dropped passes had actually been a problem for your receivers all season, so that's hardly a shocker in a high stakes game. You left some things out though...

Rashad Wisdom, our leader on defense at the safety position, got himself ejected in the 3rd quarter. Poor decision/reaction by him, but WKU had nothing to do with that either. That hurt us defensively for the rest of the 2nd half. Also, with 5 minutes left in the game, and UTSA leading 49-34, you guys had a 4th and 11 at your own 27. The next play was an incomplete pass, and we should've taken over at your 27. Our lineman accidentally lined up in the neutral zone though, which allowed you to keep the ball, and you eventually scored a TD on that possession to make it 49-41. WKU had nothing to do with us lining up offsides either. That kept you in the game because we would've already been in FG range at the very least.

And btw, on that possession I just described where the penalty saved you and you got the ball back, the eventual TD pass was scored by your receiver against our backup safety who misread the play (remember, Rashad Wisdom would've normally been in there).

There's more. With the score at 49-41, we had the ball 2nd and 6 on our own 40 with 2:15 left in the game. Harris got a first down run to your 44 yard line. They called holding on Joshua Cephus, our WR. The replay CLEARLY showed though that WKU's defender held Cephus' arm against his chest with BOTH of his arms as Cephus was blocking him. Cephus didn't hold anyone; he was the one held. We ended up punting on that possession, giving you the ball back with a minute to go, which also kept you in the game. You can see it for yourself. Just go to the 2:42:30 mark of the video, where there's 2:15 left on the clock.

2) I have a little less to write about your second paragraph, which presumably covers our game against you guys in Kentucky.

The chop block was exactly what was called. You can complain about when the flag was thrown, or how far away the play went from where the block occurred all you want, but a chop block is a chop block. That was absolutely the correct call. Below is the definition straight out of the NCAA Football rulebook, and the video for that play follows as well.

Chop Block
ARTICLE 3. A chop block is a high-low or low-high combination block by any two players against an opponent (not the ball carrier) anywhere on the field, with or without a delay between blocks; the “low” component is at the opponent’s thigh or below. (A.R. 9-1-10-I-IV). It is not a foul if the blockers’ opponent initiates the contact. (A.R. 9-1-10-V)

Go to the 2:45:45 mark, before the play starts, and watch your two offensive linemen on the left side of your line (70 and 78, just as the official called it) block high-low on Jaylon Haynes on the ensuing play. It's clear as day!

Oh, and btw, we also had a muffed punt in that game, which led to a TD by you guys. WKU did nothing whatsoever to cause that muff either, as our returner just flat-out didn't catch it.

------------------------

Regardless, as you said, they were both losses for you, and wins for us, and your apparent attempts to somehow discredit our championship by saying you "gave it away" are weak.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2022 07:20 PM by Volkmar.)
07-24-2022 07:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2022 07:07 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  

1) I'll address your first paragraph first, since it had to do with the championship game.

The fumbled punt was a tough break. Yes, UTSA had nothing to do with that, as he just muffed it. But as far as the dropped TD pass goes, dropped passes had actually been a problem for your receivers all season, so that's hardly a shocker in a high stakes game. You left some things out though...

Rashad Wisdom, our leader on defense at the safety position, got himself ejected in the 3rd quarter. Poor decision/reaction by him, but WKU had nothing to do with that either. That hurt us defensively for the rest of the 2nd half. Also, with 5 minutes left in the game, and UTSA leading 49-34, you guys had a 4th and 11 at your own 27. The next play was an incomplete pass, and we should've taken over at your 27. Our lineman accidentally lined up in the neutral zone though, which allowed you to keep the ball, and you eventually scored a TD on that possession to make it 49-41. WKU had nothing to do with us lining up offsides either. That kept you in the game because we would've already been in FG range at the very least.

And btw, on that possession I just described where the penalty saved you and you got the ball back, the eventual TD pass was scored by your receiver against our backup safety who misread the play (remember, Rashad Wisdom would've normally been in there).

There's more. With the score at 49-41, we had the ball 2nd and 6 on our own 40 with 2:15 left in the game. Harris got a first down run to your 44 yard line. They called holding on Joshua Cephus, our WR. The replay CLEARLY showed though that WKU's defender held Cephus' arm against his chest with BOTH of his arms as Cephus was blocking him. Cephus didn't hold anyone; he was the one held. We ended up punting on that possession, giving you the ball back with a minute to go, which also kept you in the game. You can see it for yourself. Just go to the 2:15 mark of the 4th quarter.

2) I have a little less to write about your second paragraph, which presumably covers our game against you guys in Kentucky.

The chop block was exactly what was called. You can complain about when the flag was thrown, or how far away the play went from where the block occurred all you want, but a chop block is a chop block. That was absolutely the correct call. Below is the definition straight out of the NCAA Football rulebook, and the video for that play follows as well.

Chop Block
ARTICLE 3. A chop block is a high-low or low-high combination block by any two players against an opponent (not the ball carrier) anywhere on the field, with or without a delay between blocks; the “low” component is at the opponent’s thigh or below. (A.R. 9-1-10-I-IV). It is not a foul if the blockers’ opponent initiates the contact. (A.R. 9-1-10-V)

Go to the 1:40 mark, before the play starts, and watch your two offensive linemen (70 and 78, just as the official called it) block high-low on Jaylon Haynes on the ensuing play. It's clear as day!

Oh, and btw, we also had a muffed punt in that game, which led to a TD by you guys. WKU did nothing whatsoever to cause that muff either, as our returner just flat-out didn't catch it.

------------------------

Regardless, as you said, they were both losses for you, and wins for us, and your apparent attempts to somehow discredit our championship by saying you "gave it away" are weak.

What ever floats your boat but I still think Western gave the championship away. As far as WR dropping passes all year.....

you mean Zappy should have had 7,000 yards and 70 tds? Kind of hard to break both national fbs records if WRs are dropping passes left and right.

Like I said think of it anyway you want to but I personally believe Western gave it away. I'm not trying to change your mind on how you feel about it. In the end UTSA won the game got the championship and thats all that really matters.
07-24-2022 07:21 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(07-24-2022 07:21 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

There's more. With the score at 49-41, we had the ball 2nd and 6 on our own 40 with 2:15 left in the game. Harris got a first down run to your 44 yard line. They called holding on Joshua Cephus, our WR. The replay CLEARLY showed though that WKU's defender held Cephus' arm against his chest with BOTH of his arms as Cephus was blocking him. Cephus didn't hold anyone; he was the one held. We ended up punting on that possession, giving you the ball back with a minute to go, which also kept you in the game. You can see it for yourself. Just go to the 2:42:30 mark of the video, where there's 2:15 left on the clock.

Chop Block

Go to the 2:45:45 mark, before the play starts, and watch your two offensive linemen (70 and 78, just as the official called it) block high-low on Jaylon Haynes on the ensuing play. It's clear as day!

------------------------

What ever floats your boat but I still think Western gave the championship away. As far as WR dropping passes all year.....

you mean Zappy should have had 7,000 yards and 70 tds? Kind of hard to break both national fbs records if WRs are dropping passes left and right.

Like I said think of it anyway you want to but I personally believe Western gave it away. I'm not trying to change your mind on how you feel about it. In the end UTSA won the game got the championship and thats all that really matters.

Whatever floats my boat? That's all you've got now? It's all right there for you to read, and to watch.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2022 07:46 PM by Volkmar.)
07-24-2022 07:24 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I wouldn't blame the offense, our defense could not stop you guys in both games. We had easier time with Big Ten offenses last year.
07-25-2022 11:56 AM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2022 07:24 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(07-24-2022 07:21 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(07-23-2022 12:09 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  1) We beat you twice last year, in Kentucky and in Texas.

Chop Block

Go to the 2:45:45 mark, before the play starts, and watch your two offensive linemen (70 and 78, just as the official called it) block high-low on Jaylon Haynes on the ensuing play. It's clear as day!

------------------------

Whatever floats my boat? That's all you've got now? It's all right there for you to read, and to watch.

Here's your problem, you seem to be thinking I'm trying to convince you of something, like you are trying to do with me. How many times do I have to say this....

I believe Western gave that game away. With that I dont care if you think different or not. Your problem is that to you I'm not giving UTSA enough credit, that's OK for you to think that but I've clearly stated that "I believe Western gave the game away"...

I've already told you you are not going to change my mind on that. But yet here you are once again trying to convince a person that told you a couple times. My opinion is basically set in stone.

Is it really that difficult to understand that nowhere have I challenged your view of the game? I just have a different opinion on the why. There's no reason for me to "to read, and to watch". UTSA got the win and the championship and nothing is changing that. Move on.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022 12:57 PM by WKUYG.)
07-25-2022 12:54 PM
asu70 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(07-23-2022 08:27 PM)JackedUp Wrote:  

Yes the next Boise State…. that is 2-7 against P5 schools and never even played a P5 in a bowl game

First post ever on this board, but I enjoy reading all G5 boards. I just wanted to help JackedUp with his research of App State Football. App owns 11 not 2 wins against power 5 teams. They have also lost in overtime against two teams that were ranked in the top ten when the games were played. Good luck to Jacksonville State and all teams in CUSA in the upcoming year!
07-25-2022 06:59 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(07-25-2022 06:59 PM)asu70 Wrote:  

First post ever on this board, but I enjoy reading all G5 boards. I just wanted to help JackedUp with his research of App State Football. App owns 11 not 2 wins against power 5 teams. They have also lost in overtime against two teams that were ranked in the top ten when the games were played. Good luck to Jacksonville State and all teams in CUSA in the upcoming year!

I’m assuming he is referring to App’s time in the FBS
07-26-2022 11:02 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-26-2022 11:02 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  
(07-25-2022 06:59 PM)asu70 Wrote:  

I’m assuming he is referring to App’s time in the FBS

Most likely schools that later moved up to P5. In that case Western has at least 14 wins vs Miami and Louisville
07-26-2022 11:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.