Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlie King’s Replacement Announced
Bookmark and Share
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Charlie King’s Replacement Announced
Towana Moore has been appointed as VP of finance and administration. The announcement did not specify if she would carry the title of “Senior VP”…which was CK’s title. If this title means anything, it may herald a change in the university’s administrative structure, as prior to CK’s retirement their were 3 “SVP” reporting to the President. No word yet in whether JMU Athletics will continue to report to the division of finance and administration.

Moore has been at JMU for over a decade, and was acting VP after CK’s retirement. People seem happy about her appointment. It’s unclear to me if her “clout” with the VA General Assembly will pick up where CK left off, but CK will continue as a special liaison to the VA GA for at least a bit longer.
07-14-2022 08:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Charlie King’s Replacement Announced
Here’s the chart outlining the administration and finance structure. Athletics isn’t listed. It used to be, but if this org chart is accurate (and I think it is, the only change being Moore is no longer “acting VP”), then athletics has been moved.

https://www.jmu.edu/adminfinance/org.shtml
07-14-2022 09:12 AM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

Here is the 2021-22 org chart for JMU.

Athletics report directly to the President. This represents something that has long been discussed on this board, and is typical of most universities. I’m unclear when this change took place (perhaps when CK announced his retirement?), but this IMO is a very good change.

https://www.jmu.edu/president/offices-an...hart.shtml
07-14-2022 09:23 AM
Advertisement

JayEmYou Offline
Water Engineer

(07-14-2022 08:51 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  Towana Moore has been appointed as VP of finance and administration. The announcement did not specify if she would carry the title of “Senior VP”…which was CK’s title. If this title means anything, it may herald a change in the university’s administrative structure, as prior to CK’s retirement their were 3 “SVP” reporting to the President. No word yet in whether JMU Athletics will continue to report to the division of finance and administration.

Moore has been at JMU for over a decade, and was acting VP after CK’s retirement. People seem happy about her appointment. It’s unclear to me if her “clout” with the VA General Assembly will pick up where CK left off, but CK will continue as a special liaison to the VA GA for at least a bit longer.

Athletics will continue reporting to president moving forward. Also, hi, I’m new here.
07-14-2022 11:17 AM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
welcome!

congrats to Towana, good to see women in leadership roles growing
07-14-2022 11:24 AM
Advertisement

Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
(07-14-2022 11:24 AM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  welcome!

congrats to Towana, good to see women in leadership roles growing

Good to see people that have earned leadership roles in leadership roles regardless of gender and I believe Towanda has earned it, time will tell
07-14-2022 04:10 PM
Halz87 Offline
1st String

ohhhhh...but we most certainly can!

Congratulations Towana Moore! On staff since 1999. That's a lot of service to our beloved institution and many more successful years ahead. Best wishes!
07-15-2022 09:57 AM
Advertisement

2Buck Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
She oversaw property, procurement, and facilities & construction prior? Seems like a natural fit, congratulations Ms. Moore!
07-15-2022 12:04 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

To steer this thread back towards a topic related to ATHLETICS, I thought there would be more interest in the change of reporting, and that the AD will now report directly to JMU’s President.

With JMU’s move to the SBC, reclassification as a R2 research institution, construction of the AUBC, rebuild of D-Hall, the COB expansion, and several other big projects on campus, I’m curious if the worry about President Alger’s leadership will be heightened or lessened now that the AD will report to him.
07-15-2022 02:41 PM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-15-2022 02:41 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  To steer this thread back towards a topic related to ATHLETICS, I thought there would be more interest in the change of reporting, and that the AD will now report directly to JMU’s President.

With JMU’s move to the SBC, reclassification as a R2 research institution, construction of the AUBC, rebuild of D-Hall, the COB expansion, and several other big projects on campus, I’m curious if the worry about President Alger’s leadership will be heightened or lessened now that the AD will report to him.

Alger has, without a doubt, moved up with the perception of the way he thinks. I don't believe you can change the way people think of personal presentation, but his results are speaking to all of us.
07-15-2022 03:37 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
totally agree.... not a fan of his style all the time, a few of the missteps, or what I perceive of his politics.... BUT he has moved way up the list for getting things done and putting JMU's interests above all else. A few more big moves (professional schools?) and he will surpass...holy cow...RC himself

i've been a big critic - happy to take it back / eat crow
07-15-2022 03:49 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
The current admin (Alger/CK/JB) hit a home run with the SBC move, and proved many skeptics wrong. I am curious who replaces JB in the future, and slightly concerned it might be a "compliance officer" hire like Joey D. Please no lawyer/risk adverse types for this role. I could see Kevin White stepping up and doing a good job. Not sure if JMU will look to promote internally, or conduct a wider search.

As long as our future AD has a vision to move the program forward and is marketing/growth oriented, I think we are in a great position.
07-15-2022 04:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.