Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF Signs $125 Million, 13 year Media Rights Deal with PlayFly
Bookmark and Share
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
UCF Signs $125 Million, 13 year Media Rights Deal with PlayFly
UCF use to have a deal with IMG till 2016 (wasn't worth that much), when UCF brought all of those responsibilities in-house but now put out a new package to bid and they will be going with PlayFly.

PlayFly has rights deals with the following: LSU, USC, Virginia, Maryland, Auburn, Michigan State, Georgetown, Florida, Villanova and others. They have also done projects with the Big Ten, Pac-12 and Big East.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022 09:49 AM by KnightLight.)
07-11-2022 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Oklahoma Guy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TU-OSU-OU
RE: UCF Signs $125 Million, 13 year Media Rights Deal with PlayFly
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU are going to provide a huge boost to the Big 12. The "power status" of Big 12 conferred on these four schools is going to allow them to fully realize their potential....and, on the other side of that same coin, these four schools are going to give the existing Big 12 schools stability and a financial base allowing all to compete with SEC and Big 12. None of us are going down the toilet as so many "experts" have predicted.

SEC is a great story. B1G is a great story. I got news for the sports pundits. The BIg-12 is also going to be a great story! We only just begun

Huge, huge congrats to UCF!!! And thank you for boosting Big 12!

From PLayFly Sports website:

PlayFly Sports reaches 83% of U.S. Sports fans and 3 out of 5 Americans.

"PlayFly is a leading sports marketing and media company bringing an innovative, digitally enabled approach and turnkey solutions to the growing collegiate, high school and pro sports sectors."
07-11-2022 12:44 PM
Oklahoma Guy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TU-OSU-OU
This should send a message to Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State!
07-11-2022 12:48 PM
Advertisement

WageRagin Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Many Schools
Impressive stuff UCF, that's easily an extra $9.6 million/year for 13 years in just extra advertisement revenue. This deal is literally bigger than the AAC distributions, which is just wow. Can't wait to see what the 4 incoming schools can do with P5 distributions, tier 3 rights, and any extra cashflows like this one. I fully expect the Big 12 schools to be making a lot more than the online mobs think.
07-11-2022 01:19 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(07-11-2022 01:19 PM)WageRagin Wrote:  Impressive stuff UCF, that's easily an extra $9.6 million/year for 13 years in just extra advertisement revenue. This deal is literally bigger than the AAC distributions, which is just wow. Can't wait to see what the 4 incoming schools can do with P5 distributions, tier 3 rights, and any extra cashflows like this one. I fully expect the Big 12 schools to be making a lot more than the online mobs think.

These contracts are not all "extra" $$$...as UCF was doing all of this work inhouse since 2016 when then UCF AD Danny White let IMG go (who were doing jack squat) and UCF was responsible for all of the costs associated with that too.

Of course when you do it inhouse you don't have to share any of those revenues with other parties.

PlayFly now takes over those responsibilities but they have a HUGE national and regional sponsorship base of clients who want to invest in athletics...and UCF moving to the Big 12 will be a huge boom to the East Coast and mostly Central Time Zone markets.

I believe PlayFly's national reach will help promote the UCF "Brand" regionally and nationally much more than what was done in the past...while bringing in new sponsorship partnerships that UCF never had prior.

UCF will end up making more $$ overall (maybe $3 - $5 Million per year) without the added expenses vs doing all the work-in house but now UCF Athletic Dept can focus on other aspects of the program (donors, season tickets, academics, internship academy and so on).
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022 05:20 PM by KnightLight.)
07-11-2022 05:19 PM
Advertisement

WageRagin Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Many Schools
(07-11-2022 05:19 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(07-11-2022 01:19 PM)WageRagin Wrote:  Impressive stuff UCF, that's easily an extra $9.6 million/year for 13 years in just extra advertisement revenue. This deal is literally bigger than the AAC distributions, which is just wow. Can't wait to see what the 4 incoming schools can do with P5 distributions, tier 3 rights, and any extra cashflows like this one. I fully expect the Big 12 schools to be making a lot more than the online mobs think.

These contracts are not all "extra" $$$...as UCF was doing all of this work inhouse since 2016 when then UCF AD Danny White let IMG go (who were doing jack squat) and UCF was responsible for all of the costs associated with that too.

Of course when you do it inhouse you don't have to share any of those revenues with other parties.

PlayFly now takes over those responsibilities but they have a HUGE national and regional sponsorship base of clients who want to invest in athletics...and UCF moving to the Big 12 will be a huge boom to the East Coast and mostly Central Time Zone markets.

I believe PlayFly's national reach will help promote the UCF "Brand" regionally and nationally much more than what was done in the past...while bringing in new sponsorship partnerships that UCF never had prior.

UCF will end up making more $$ overall (maybe $3 - $5 Million per year) without the added expenses vs doing all the work-in house but now UCF Athletic Dept can focus on other aspects of the program (donors, season tickets, academics, internship academy and so on).

Ahh I see. Still that's a large chunk of cash. Also, like you're saying it allows the department to focus more on other things, which should mean a higher return from those aspects.
07-11-2022 06:02 PM
okiestate1979 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: oklahoma state
(07-11-2022 12:44 PM)Oklahoma Guy Wrote:  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU are going to provide a huge boost to the Big 12. The "power status" of Big 12 conferred on these four schools is going to allow them to fully realize their potential....

What is that I smell? Is it?.....why yes it is....Hello 2005.

I was thinner and had a lot more hair then.

good times :)
07-11-2022 11:14 PM
Advertisement

NestaKnight1 Offline
1st String

(07-11-2022 11:14 PM)okiestate1979 Wrote:  
(07-11-2022 12:44 PM)Oklahoma Guy Wrote:  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU are going to provide a huge boost to the Big 12. The "power status" of Big 12 conferred on these four schools is going to allow them to fully realize their potential....

No it’s not 2005, that stank is the smell of most of your s hitty takes.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2022 06:16 AM by NestaKnight1.)
07-12-2022 06:14 AM
knightmite Offline
1st String

(07-11-2022 11:14 PM)okiestate1979 Wrote:  

You should try washing your hands after you wipe your ass. Maybe the smell will magically disappear.
07-12-2022 08:52 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
This is big for UCF. Looking more and more big time with each passing day. Will finally have the funds to compete at a A5 level. The future is bright in orlando.
07-13-2022 09:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.