Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] Liberty Smack Talk
Bookmark and Share
3DogNight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty, Clemson
[split] Liberty Smack Talk
You Sunbelt guys crack me up how you look down your noses like y’all are on par with the SEC. When in reality, you’re nothing more than a glorified FCS conference. You have 2 or 3 teams who have winning records by beating up on all the other weaklings in your conference. I’ve saw where many here say “football drives the bus” to excuse your conference weakness in other sports. Yes, football is the moneymaker, but to be a power conference (like many of you think you are) you have to be above average in several sports. Which your conference is not.

The newbies you just got continually post on the CUSA forum telling everyone how great the Sunbelt is when they haven’t even played one game of anything yet. It seems they are looking for validation about joining your conference. They kept repeating how bad they wanted to leave and when the time came to leave, they still continued to spend more time on the CUSA forum than here.

From what I’ve read, the former CUSA members continually whined and trashed CUSA while they were active members. Never really doing anything to improve the conference. It’ going to be interesting how long it will take for them to get their feelings hurt and start trashing the Sunbelt. Watch JMU, they think they are God’s gift to the Sunbelt.

Liberty Flame fans are used to all the hate and the many false accusations. We understand that the actions of Jerry Jr. brought much of this on. Most if not all of those associated with Liberty are glad he’s gone and wished it had happened sooner. Many Flame fans never wanted to join the Sunbelt years ago and many don’t like the idea of joining CUSA now. Preferring to stay independent. But the changing landscape of conference realignment has all but forced independents to join a conference. Unless you are Notre Dame of course.
[/b]
Even though we still have our haters, we are Liberty you know, most of those on the CUSA board have been very welcoming and we are grateful and look forward to being a part of that conference. But deep down I think I would like the idea of getting an invite from the Sunbelt. Not really joining, but just an invite. I would love to sit back and read the posts on this forum as each of you try and talk each other off the ledge. Now that would be entertaining.
07-08-2022 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: AAC and Big XII buyers remorse
(07-08-2022 02:13 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  You Sunbelt guys crack me up how you look down your noses like y’all are on par with the SEC. When in reality, you’re nothing more than a glorified FCS conference. You have 2 or 3 teams who have winning records by beating up on all the other weaklings in your conference. I’ve saw where many here say “football drives the bus” to excuse your conference weakness in other sports. Yes, football is the moneymaker, but to be a power conference (like many of you think you are) you have to be above average in several sports. Which your conference is not.

The newbies you just got continually post on the CUSA forum telling everyone how great the Sunbelt is when they haven’t even played one game of anything yet. It seems they are looking for validation about joining your conference. They kept repeating how bad they wanted to leave and when the time came to leave, they still continued to spend more time on the CUSA forum than here.

From what I’ve read, the former CUSA members continually whined and trashed CUSA while they were active members. Never really doing anything to improve the conference. It’ going to be interesting how long it will take for them to get their feelings hurt and start trashing the Sunbelt. Watch JMU, they think they are God’s gift to the Sunbelt.

Liberty Flame fans are used to all the hate and the many false accusations. We understand that the actions of Jerry Jr. brought much of this on. Most if not all of those associated with Liberty are glad he’s gone and wished it had happened sooner. Many Flame fans never wanted to join the Sunbelt years ago and many don’t like the idea of joining CUSA now. Preferring to stay independent. But the changing landscape of conference realignment has all but forced independents to join a conference. Unless you are Notre Dame of course.
[/b]
Even though we still have our haters, we are Liberty you know, most of those on the CUSA board have been very welcoming and we are grateful and look forward to being a part of that conference. But deep down I think I would like the idea of getting an invite from the Sunbelt. Not really joining, but just an invite. I would love to sit back and read the posts on this forum as each of you try and talk each other off the ledge. Now that would be entertaining.

Wait…I thought Liberty was the next Notre Dame, or at least the next BYU.

I’m soooo disappointed to find out the “flames” have gone out on that particular dream.

Now Liberty is stuck in the middle of a conference with clowns to the left of you and jokers to the right. I guess it’s time for Liberty to raise some more money, and give-away tens of thousands of those hot-to-go, freshly minted online diplomas. 07-coffee3
07-08-2022 02:27 PM
3DogNight Offline
Special Teams

RE: AAC and Big XII buyers remorse
(07-08-2022 02:27 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(07-08-2022 02:13 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  You Sunbelt guys crack me up how you look down your noses like y’all are on par with the SEC. When in reality, you’re nothing more than a glorified FCS conference. You have 2 or 3 teams who have winning records by beating up on all the other weaklings in your conference. I’ve saw where many here say “football drives the bus” to excuse your conference weakness in other sports. Yes, football is the moneymaker, but to be a power conference (like many of you think you are) you have to be above average in several sports. Which your conference is not.

[/b]

I’m soooo disappointed to find out the “flames” have gone out on that particular dream.

Now Liberty is stuck in the middle of a conference with clowns to the left of you and jokers to the right. I guess it’s time for Liberty to raise some more money, and give-away tens of thousands of those hot-to-go, freshly minted online diplomas. 07-coffee3

You need to come up with something new Dukie. The diploma mill thing is kinda wearing thin. I know our law school doesn't compare with yours. Oh wait, JMU doesn't have a law school. Well, our med school doesn't compare with JMU. Wait, you don't have one of those either. I know a prestigious school like JMU has to have an endowment of at least more than the 1.7 billion that we do. Sorry I see that it's 116 million. It must be hard pretending that your Thurston Howell III, but you're really Gilligan. But I know that you are an awesome school because your motto is Knowledge is Liberty.
07-08-2022 02:53 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: [split] Liberty Smack Talk
I’m just gonna point out here that the first mention of Liberty in the original thread was by a Flames fan who asserted the AAC made a mistake by not inviting them, then continued on to retell a completely bogus story about how much support Liberty had in Sun Belt expansion no matter what anybody on this Sun Belt forum claims to know or thinks. Along the way, said poster also managed to disparage one of our moderators and most reputable sources, accusing that person of not even being a SBC fan.

All that, of course, results in another Liberty fan coming here to scold us for OUR behavior and lament LU’s victimization at the hands of those mean ol’ narcissistic new Sun Belt additions.

I mean, wow.
07-08-2022 05:52 PM
Porcine Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas, SBC
(07-08-2022 05:52 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I’m just gonna point out here that the first mention of Liberty in the original thread was by a Flames fan who asserted the AAC made a mistake by not inviting them, then continued on to retell a completely bogus story about how much support Liberty had in Sun Belt expansion no matter what anybody on this Sun Belt forum claims to know or thinks. Along the way, said poster also managed to disparage one of our moderators and most reputable sources, accusing that person of not even being a SBC fan.

All that, of course, results in another Liberty fan coming here to scold us for OUR behavior and lament LU’s victimization at the hands of those mean ol’ narcissistic new Sun Belt additions.

I mean, wow.

I guess a few have had enough of the SBC's bullying all these years.
07-08-2022 06:37 PM
3DogNight Offline
Special Teams

(07-08-2022 05:52 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I’m just gonna point out here that the first mention of Liberty in the original thread was by a Flames fan who asserted the AAC made a mistake by not inviting them, then continued on to retell a completely bogus story about how much support Liberty had in Sun Belt expansion no matter what anybody on this Sun Belt forum claims to know or thinks. Along the way, said poster also managed to disparage one of our moderators and most reputable sources, accusing that person of not even being a SBC fan.

I mean, wow.

Scold you? How funny. Never said anything about being a victim of anyone. Especially your newbies. Don’t know where you got that. Stating the facts that many love to insult and state comments that they know are false is not crying victimization. It’s just stating the facts. As I said in my previous post, we’re use to such behavior. I wouldn’t expect anything less from guys like you. Do you think I was expecting anyone on this post to agree with what I said? I expected exactly the response that I’ve received. What I responded to had nothing to do with what the other Liberty poster said. It was a response to the holier than thou attitude of many of you.
07-08-2022 06:39 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Hey fire boy fact is no conf. wanted you that was not about to go under. Bottom line. Put that in your pipe and light it.
07-08-2022 08:22 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(07-08-2022 06:39 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  

I mean, wow.

Scold you? How funny. Never said anything about being a victim of anyone. Especially your newbies. Don’t know where you got that. Stating the facts that many love to insult and state comments that they know are false is not crying victimization. It’s just stating the facts. As I said in my previous post, we’re use to such behavior. I wouldn’t expect anything less from guys like you. Do you think I was expecting anyone on this post to agree with what I said? I expected exactly the response that I’ve received. What I responded to had nothing to do with what the other Liberty poster said. It was a response to the holier than thou attitude of many of you.

So you weren’t scolding us, just rebuking our behavior and attitude.

And you weren’t claiming to be a victim, just stating how everyone loves to insult your school and makes up stuff about it.

Man, I’m glad we cleared that up. Good talk!
07-08-2022 08:40 PM
3DogNight Offline
Special Teams

(07-08-2022 08:22 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  Hey fire boy fact is no conf. wanted you that was not about to go under. Bottom line. Put that in your pipe and light it.

Ooh, fire boy, pipe, fire! I get it, Flames. Genius! How long did it take you to come up with snappy comeback? You”re just proving my point.
07-08-2022 08:51 PM
3DogNight Offline
Special Teams

(07-08-2022 08:40 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

I mean, wow.

And you weren’t claiming to be a victim, just stating how everyone loves to insult your school and makes up stuff about it.

I love how you guys keep proving my point. I didn’t say everyone, I said that many love to insult and knowingly state false facts. There’s a big difference there. Changing what someone said is stating false facts. How about actually reading what I said instead of reading what you want to hear.
07-08-2022 09:07 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(07-08-2022 09:07 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  

I mean, wow.

I love how you guys keep proving my point. I didn’t say everyone, I said that many love to insult and knowingly state false facts. There’s a big difference there. Changing what someone said is stating false facts. How about actually reading what I said instead of reading what you want to hear.

OK. I’ve edited my post. I did you one better and it doesn’t even say “many,” just an unspecified amount of “people.”

You may notice the point is not affected in the least.
07-08-2022 09:58 PM
Advertisement

sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty, Army
(07-08-2022 02:27 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  

[/b]

You can't get to that dream before being in a conference first, at least if you are Liberty. There are bigger conferences, meaning less out of conference games to be able to schedule in the future. You have bowl tie ins and conference championship games you don't as an Independent, and certainly more money. Liberty need allies, and you get that by pulling for teams in your conference, except when you play them. Once Liberty shows they are a worthy conference mate, the doors will open.
07-09-2022 09:11 AM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I mean, wow.

Disparage one of your moderators? What are you talking about?
07-09-2022 09:13 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(07-09-2022 09:13 AM)sstaedtler88 Wrote:  

I mean, wow.

Well, you did accuse me of not being a fan of a Sun Belt team, which confused the hell out of everyone.
07-09-2022 09:48 AM
3DogNight Offline
Special Teams

(07-08-2022 09:58 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

I mean, wow.

OK. I’ve edited my post. I did you one better and it doesn’t even say “many,” just an unspecified amount of “people.”

I see that because of the bias and hate that I’ve spoken of, your response has gone off the rail. Have no idea what point you’re trying to make. Maybe it happens because we are a Christian school, and some classes included the teaching of our Christian belief. I know, how crazy is that? It would be like the U.S. Military Academy teaching military strategy or BYU teaching Mormonism. Why on earth would they do something like that? If you’re afraid that if you came to a sporting event against Liberty that we will have a group of people chase you down and try to convert you to Christianity. We’re just there to enjoy a sporting event, just like you. And those students who come to Liberty, come at their own free will. We don’t drag them here to force Christianity upon them.

Maybe it’s because of a pervert former school president who’s not even here anymore. I’m sure we are the only school who has had a moron in the administration. I can assure you that the people of Liberty are glad that he, his wife and their pool boy are gone. Maybe it’s because of our success with online learning. I assure you that we are not the only school that does this. Your school probably does it in some way. We’ve had success and yes, we have been richly blessed because we got into distant learning early in the game and we decided that if we were going to do it we were going to do it right. And as a result, it has benefited the school financially. Do we belong to the AAU, no, but our academics are on par or better than most others.

With that being said, I would like to ask you or anyone else who cares to answer a question. Let’s pretend that you are standing before an athletic conference, and you have to present to them why they should take your school over Liberty. You need to present what benefits, athletically, your school will bring to the conference. You have to prove that your school is a far greater asset athletically than Liberty.

Now I’ve already presented my case and I have told them why I think Liberty is the better choice. I’ve mentioned that Liberty’s football program is just one of five FBS teams in the country who have won a bowl game each of the last three seasons, joining Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky and Louisiana. The Lady Flames field hockey program led the country with 20 win and played in the national championship game. The men’s basketball team has qualified for three out of the last four NCAA Tournaments. They have won 104 games over the last for years and that figure ranks fourth best among all Division I schools in the nation. Both Liberty’s baseball and softball programs have advanced to the NCAA Regional play each of the last two years, while the track and field program had six All-Americans this year at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championship. We ranked 75th in the Learfield Directors’ Cup. That rank would be 13th among non-Power Five Programs. I won’t even go into details about the golf or tennis teams.

Now, please prove why your school is such a far superior athletic program and that Liberty would in no way qualify to be in that conference. Or any conference for that matter. Because I’ve read countless times that NOBODY wound want Liberty and that the only way that CUSA took us was that they had no choice. Please answer my question with facts. No deflections with name calling or false statements, just the facts. I’ll be patiently waiting on your answer.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2022 10:04 AM by 3DogNight.)
07-09-2022 10:00 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(07-09-2022 10:00 AM)3DogNight Wrote:  
(07-08-2022 06:39 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  Scold you? How funny. Never said anything about being a victim of anyone. Especially your newbies. Don’t know where you got that. Stating the facts that many love to insult and state comments that they know are false is not crying victimization. It’s just stating the facts. As I said in my previous post, we’re use to such behavior. I wouldn’t expect anything less from guys like you. Do you think I was expecting anyone on this post to agree with what I said? I expected exactly the response that I’ve received. What I responded to had nothing to do with what the other Liberty poster said. It was a response to the holier than thou attitude of many of you.

I see that because of the bias and hate that I’ve spoken of, your response has gone off the rail. Have no idea what point you’re trying to make. Maybe it happens because we are a Christian school, and some classes included the teaching of our Christian belief. I know, how crazy is that? It would be like the U.S. Military Academy teaching military strategy or BYU teaching Mormonism. Why on earth would they do something like that? If you’re afraid that if you came to a sporting event against Liberty that we will have a group of people chase you down and try to convert you to Christianity. We’re just there to enjoy a sporting event, just like you. And those students who come to Liberty, come at their own free will. We don’t drag them here to force Christianity upon them.

Maybe it’s because of a pervert former school president who’s not even here anymore. I’m sure we are the only school who has had a moron in the administration. I can assure you that the people of Liberty are glad that he, his wife and their pool boy are gone. Maybe it’s because of our success with online learning. I assure you that we are not the only school that does this. Your school probably does it in some way. We’ve had success and yes, we have been richly blessed because we got into distant learning early in the game and we decided that if we were going to do it we were going to do it right. And as a result, it has benefited the school financially. Do we belong to the AAU, no, but our academics are on par or better than most others.

With that being said, I would like to ask you or anyone else who cares to answer a question. Let’s pretend that you are standing before an athletic conference, and you have to present to them why they should take your school over Liberty. You need to present what benefits, athletically, your school will bring to the conference. You have to prove that your school is a far greater asset athletically than Liberty.

Now I’ve already presented my case and I have told them why I think Liberty is the better choice. I’ve mentioned that Liberty’s football program is just one of five FBS teams in the country who have won a bowl game each of the last three seasons, joining Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky and Louisiana. The Lady Flames field hockey program led the country with 20 win and played in the national championship game. The men’s basketball team has qualified for three out of the last four NCAA Tournaments. They have won 104 games over the last for years and that figure ranks fourth best among all Division I schools in the nation. Both Liberty’s baseball and softball programs have advanced to the NCAA Regional play each of the last two years, while the track and field program had six All-Americans this year at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championship. We ranked 75th in the Learfield Directors’ Cup. That rank would be 13th among non-Power Five Programs. I won’t even go into details about the golf or tennis teams.

Now, please prove why your school is such a far superior athletic program and that Liberty would in no way qualify to be in that conference. Or any conference for that matter. Because I’ve read countless times that NOBODY wound want Liberty and that the only way that CUSA took us was that they had no choice. Please answer my question with facts. No deflections with name calling or false statements, just the facts. I’ll be patiently waiting on your answer.

Just wanted to say...that was a great band or is it really cold where you are?
07-09-2022 10:44 AM
Advertisement

sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

(07-09-2022 09:48 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(07-09-2022 09:13 AM)sstaedtler88 Wrote:  

I mean, wow.

Well, you did accuse me of not being a fan of a Sun Belt team, which confused the hell out of everyone.

Your profile says you are an Arizona State fan. That's all I meant by then. Sorry for the confusion.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2022 12:31 PM by sstaedtler88.)
07-09-2022 12:31 PM
3DogNight Offline
Special Teams

(07-09-2022 10:44 AM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(07-08-2022 08:40 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  So you weren’t scolding us, just rebuking our behavior and attitude.

Great band…heat index was 105 yesterday. Gotta love summertime in the South.
07-09-2022 12:51 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(07-09-2022 12:51 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  
(07-08-2022 09:07 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  I love how you guys keep proving my point. I didn’t say everyone, I said that many love to insult and knowingly state false facts. There’s a big difference there. Changing what someone said is stating false facts. How about actually reading what I said instead of reading what you want to hear.

The reason I mentioned the cold is the t!erm 3dognight. Its Australian I think. If you are in the outback on a really cold night you need to snuggle up with dogs to stay warm. A real cold night is called a 3dog night.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2022 12:59 PM by OsageJ.)
07-09-2022 12:57 PM
3DogNight Offline
Special Teams

(07-09-2022 12:57 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(07-09-2022 12:51 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  
(07-08-2022 09:58 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  OK. I’ve edited my post. I did you one better and it doesn’t even say “many,” just an unspecified amount of “people.”

The reason I mentioned the cold is the t!erm 3dognight. Its Australian I think. If you are in the outback on a really cold night you need to snuggle up with dogs to stay warm. A real cold night is called a 3dog night.
I had read that about the phrase. I was at a football game in Knoxville a few years ago in a cold drizzling rain. I think I might have been that cold.
07-09-2022 01:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.