Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The newest Big XII?
Bookmark and Share
True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
The newest Big XII?
Could this be the Big XII to take the field after the latest round?

1. Baylor
2. Brigham Young
3. Central Florida
4. Cincinnati
5. Houston
6. Iowa State
7. Kansas
8. Kansas State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Texas Christian
11. Texas Tech
12. West Virginia
13. Arizona
14. Arizona St
15. Utah
16. Colorado
17. California
18. Memphis
07-02-2022 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
RE: The newest Big XII?
I think this lineup is the most likely outcome, imho

1. Baylor
2. Brigham Young
3. Central Florida
4. Cincinnati
5. Houston
6. Iowa State
7. Kansas
8. Kansas State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Texas Christian
11. Texas Tech
12. West Virginia
13. Arizona
14. Arizona St
15. Utah
16. Colorado
07-02-2022 12:11 PM
JamesNathan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: BYU
I think there's a good chance Washington and Oregon could be in place of Utah and Colorado. I'm not convinced the Big 10 wants them. They'd rather have someone out of the ACC. And I think the Big 12 would rather have them and the Arizona schools.
07-02-2022 01:31 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(07-02-2022 12:11 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  I think this lineup is the most likely outcome, imho

1. Baylor
2. Brigham Young
3. Central Florida
4. Cincinnati
5. Houston
6. Iowa State
7. Kansas
8. Kansas State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Texas Christian
11. Texas Tech
12. West Virginia
13. Arizona
14. Arizona St
15. Utah
16. Colorado

This seems pretty perfect to me and a likely scenario. I'm think the Big 10 takes a couple of Oregon, Stanford and Washington.
07-02-2022 01:54 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(07-02-2022 01:54 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  
(07-02-2022 12:11 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  I think this lineup is the most likely outcome, imho

1. Baylor
2. Brigham Young
3. Central Florida
4. Cincinnati
5. Houston
6. Iowa State
7. Kansas
8. Kansas State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Texas Christian
11. Texas Tech
12. West Virginia
13. Arizona
14. Arizona St
15. Utah
16. Colorado

This seems pretty perfect to me and a likely scenario. I'm think the Big 10 takes a couple of Oregon, Stanford and Washington.

I think we could get one of those three if we really wanted them. While one of Stanford Oregon or Washington seems great on paper, I’m more partial to a conference that makes geographic sense. That’s why adding Colorado and Utah——followed closely by Arizona and Arizona State maks a lot of sense to me. All of Stanford, Washington, and Oregon are very far away from the geometric center of the big 12—that said—-any of those three seem to have greater brand value than any of the others 4 Pac12 members that are closest to us.
07-02-2022 02:39 PM
mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
Appears to me the ACC is screwed. They're painted into a geographic corner and have no expansion opportunities.

Most likely, Clemson and Miami go to the SEC and NC and Duke go to the B1G. The Big12 can pick from the rest.

IF the Big12 moves fast, they'll be the 3rd largest (and safest) conference. May need to go to four 6-team divisions. As always, size matters.
07-02-2022 02:49 PM
Advertisement

HAL 9100 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCF
Saw a rumor that the states of Washington and Oregon are somehow going to try and make it so Washington and Washington State and then Oregon and Oregon State have to be paired together in a conference. I doubt that would actually happen, but if it somehow does, would you rather have Oregon, Washington, Oregon State, and Washington State or Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State?
07-02-2022 03:04 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(07-02-2022 01:31 PM)JamesNathan Wrote:  I think there's a good chance Washington and Oregon could be in place of Utah and Colorado. I'm not convinced the Big 10 wants them. They'd rather have someone out of the ACC. And I think the Big 12 would rather have them and the Arizona schools.

Stability should be this league main goal and I’m afraid Oregon and Washington don’t bring that vs perhaps Utah and/or Colorado
07-02-2022 03:06 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
(07-02-2022 02:49 PM)mac6115cd Wrote:  Appears to me the ACC is screwed. They're painted into a geographic corner and have no expansion opportunities.

Most likely, Clemson and Miami go to the SEC and NC and Duke go to the B1G. The Big12 can pick from the rest.

IF the Big12 moves fast, they'll be the 3rd largest (and safest) conference. May need to go to four 6-team divisions. As always, size matters.
I think the SEC would take Florida State before Miami.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
07-02-2022 04:27 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I don't think the B1G will let USC & UCLA left hanging out in the west by themselves. Eventually they will invite Oregon, Washington and possibly Stanford after they land Notre Dame. So the Big XII should stay away from those three schools at all cost.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022 06:34 PM by HiddenDragon.)
07-02-2022 06:33 PM
Once a Knight... Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF Knights
(07-02-2022 06:33 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  I don't think the B1G will let USC & UCLA left hanging out in the west by themselves. Eventually they will invite Oregon, Washington and possibly Stanford after they land Notre Dame. So the Big XII should stay away from those three schools at all cost.
Spot on take. It seems on paper that Stanford, Oregon, and Washington will join ND in the B1G.

Sent from my LM-G820 using CSNbbs mobile app
07-02-2022 06:50 PM
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

07-02-2022 07:13 PM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy

1. Baylor
2. Brigham Young
3. Central Florida
4. Cincinnati
5. Houston
6. Iowa State
7. Kansas
8. Kansas State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Texas Christian
11. Texas Tech
12. West Virginia
13. Arizona
14. Arizona St
15. Utah
16. Colorado

yep. the B10 will want two more pacific teams, to set up a pod for them
07-02-2022 07:33 PM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy

1. Baylor
2. Brigham Young
3. Central Florida
4. Cincinnati
5. Houston
6. Iowa State
7. Kansas
8. Kansas State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Texas Christian
11. Texas Tech
12. West Virginia
13. Arizona
14. Arizona St
15. Utah
16. Colorado

yep. the B10 will want two more pacific teams, to set up a pod for them
07-02-2022 07:33 PM
JamesNathan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: BYU
(07-02-2022 03:06 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  
(07-02-2022 01:31 PM)JamesNathan Wrote:  I think there's a good chance Washington and Oregon could be in place of Utah and Colorado. I'm not convinced the Big 10 wants them. They'd rather have someone out of the ACC. And I think the Big 12 would rather have them and the Arizona schools.

Stability should be this league main goal and I’m afraid Oregon and Washington don’t bring that vs perhaps Utah and/or Colorado

I'll admit I was wrong. The more I have read tonight, I think the B1G is waiting on Notre Dame to know what to do next. It's possible that if they get them, they target 3 PAC teams. Without them, maybe just 2 and wait on the ACC to be more available. As much as I think the Arizona teams bring a lot of baggage and I don't like BYU being put with them as much as I like the Texas teams (mainly because from Houston I can see more games every year), it's probably the best move.

Actually, the best thing about this is it's stopped people from saying Boise State is the best next move or calling for Colorado State to be invited as a "bridge" to BYU. The next best thing is watching Utah fans who know little about how the world works think that Utah is getting into the B1G. If they do, they will be one of the last chosen if that conference goes to 22 or more. They are more delusional than I ever realized, and it's fun to know those delusions will crash around them. Wish I could be there to see it, as their rival :)
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022 10:25 PM by JamesNathan.)
07-02-2022 10:24 PM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
Cal and Colorado are both dead weight with horrible budget, athletics debt, facilities, and fan support issues and should be avoided at all cost

Oregon, UW, and Stanford just make the Big 12 have three "Texas and OUs" instead of two that will forever be whining and complaining about having to be with Big 12 members and always looking for an exit and always making it well known they want out and are looking to get out at every chance

what they MIGHT bring in terms of additional money will never be worth all the BS they bring and in terms of on the field/court performance in the meaningful sports that are driving this bus Stanford and UW are nowhere near worth the BS they bring

Oregon State and WSU are non starters even though both would be good members in terms of just getting along.....but that go along to get along and collecting a check in then PAC 12 is why they are where they are now.......the same with Colorado.....they are never coming back to what they were in the Big 8 or very early years of the Big 12 and they do not even care to try and get back to there

the Big 12 needs to be tossing anchors and lead bars to some of these programs not remotely considering giving them any lifeline especially with the BS some bring

none of the PAC 12 members with top academics give a damn about elevating the academics of anyone in the Big 12 (and that never happens on reality anyway) and in fact they would loath the idea so much they would probably do more harm than good

and their attitude about their athletics (with the exception of Oregon) would nowhere match their performance in any major sport

dragging in Colorado or Cal would just add two more "little bitty brothers" to go around running their mouths for their PAC 12 daddies

I am not sure the ACC will have available teams I am not sure ND will get out so soon or so easy, but you never know....but if they do that means GORs have become worthless and that is all the more reason to avoid Oregon, Stanford, and UW

people need to step into the reality this is about major sports and has nothing to do with academics and trying to make it remotely about academics just makes it all the more of a dumb decision that will fail and worse no one in the PAC 12 is going to give a damn about any improvement of academics through association for any current Big 12 members in what is now clearly ATHLETICS only conference associations

teams and programs are being left behind by their big brothers and the bell weathers of their conferences and the Big 12 needs to figure out some of those that are being left behind while still pounding their chest about "we next" and holding their nose at what looks to be currently available options are 100% the worst candidates to try and work with or associate with and are GREAT candidates to tell "you are too good for us bye"

if some or all of those programs end up with better options only a dolt would think that being in a new Big 12 would prevent them from having those options in the future or making the jump if offered and if they do not get those options well even better it shows they are not what they think they are and they can continue on in their bubble with much worse options than association with Big 12 teams and rot to nothing

if ND does make a jump (and that probably making GORs worthless) well there would be better choices from the ACC than any of the "big" attitude in the PAC 12 much less the deader than dead weight like Colorado and Cal...AU, ASU, and Utah should be the ONLY considerations for the Big 12 from the PAC 12 and even some of them might be surpassed by ACC options if those come available

lets be clear current Big 12 members would jump to the Big 10 or SEC SEC SEC if called without even thinking about it, but that looks to be a non starter and working with the "next up" to be the new UTs, OUs, Nebraskas, Colorados, Missouris, aggy, UCLAs, and USCs is just pulling failed "boat commanders" into a life boat that should be sailing away from those types as fast as possible while tossing them dead bodies, lead weights, and anchors to help "save them" from having to be in the same lifeboat
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022 08:57 AM by TodgeRodge.)
07-03-2022 08:52 AM
Advertisement

JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
(07-02-2022 07:13 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  Interesting read

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...arted/amp/
Very interesting in that it’s CBS here, mybe they see an opportunity with the huge amount of left outs, a g8 looks more than profitable
07-03-2022 02:11 PM
Kyle Mack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati Bearcats
(07-02-2022 02:49 PM)mac6115cd Wrote:  Appears to me the ACC is screwed. They're painted into a geographic corner and have no expansion opportunities.

Unless someone can successfully challenge the GOR issue not sure anyone leaves the ACC. I think that is locked in until 2036.
07-03-2022 03:04 PM
bear2be2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Baylor
(07-03-2022 03:04 PM)Kyle Mack Wrote:  

Unless someone can successfully challenge the GOR issue not sure anyone leaves the ACC. I think that is locked in until 2036.
It's hard to see the courts ruling against a contract that was mutually agreed upon.
07-03-2022 03:39 PM
Rob3338 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uc
(07-02-2022 03:06 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  

Correct, Oregon would help the B12 get more money from TV. However stability is more important currently and in the near future.
07-04-2022 07:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.