Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PAC conference call incoming
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
PAC conference call incoming
Quote:Pac-12 brass to discuss next steps

Time to regroup. The remaining Pac-12 ADs and presidents will meet later today via phone to discuss next steps, according to CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd. What the conference will do in the likely event that USC and UCLA leave remains to be seen, but it should act quickly on something.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...ment/live/

It's a done deal.

Plan B: PAC/BE split up XII.

07-coffee3
06-30-2022 04:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: PAC conference call incoming
(06-30-2022 04:59 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  

Time to regroup. The remaining Pac-12 ADs and presidents will meet later today via phone to discuss next steps, according to CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd. What the conference will do in the likely event that USC and UCLA leave remains to be seen, but it should act quickly on something.

It's a done deal.

07-coffee3

Pac 12-you are the Biggest Loser.

Nobody will join them before the bleeding stops.
06-30-2022 06:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
The dread "conference call to discuss next steps", LOL.
06-30-2022 06:19 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Moderator: Ok everyone, let’s go ahead and get this Zoom call started. Oregon can you turn your camera on and take yourself off mute?
Oregon President (wearing a Michigan polo): Oh, sorry about that I was just… uh.. taking care of something.
Arizona President (wearing a cowboy hat): Can we move this along, I have a flight to Dallas to catch.
Colorado President: Um, yeah me too.
Washington State: I don’t know about you guys, but I want everyone to know I love the PAC12. We are committed to keeping this the league of champions.
Oregon State State President: I’m with you 100%!!
Cal President: I got to go guys, I have to attend a fund raiser with Governor Newsome and Speaker Pelosi.
06-30-2022 06:30 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-30-2022 06:18 PM)bullet Wrote:  

It's a done deal.

07-coffee3

Stanford and ND will probably be next to B1G but not with ND locked up in a GOR.

Then after that B1G should look at FSU/Miami to go full out national.
06-30-2022 06:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:"With Texas and Oklahoma going to the SEC, it became evident for those schools that there was only one option," said the source familiar with the move.

It will be interesting to see how this will affect Fox's upcoming television deal with the Big Ten, which is expected to be announced in the upcoming weeks. The addition of the two schools would bring in both the West Coast and one of the country's most appealing media markets.

The move is gutting for the future of the Pac-12, as Fox's added investment in UCLA and USC inventory in the Big Ten means that investments in the Pac-12, which Fox has long owned part of, will be decreased significantly. This move leaves the conference with Oregon and Washington as its top schools after losing the two biggest brand names.

"I was always of the opinion that UCLA couldn't leave Cal," a Pac-12 source told ESPN. "There's no more political state than that or system than that. That was very surprising."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor...12-big-ten
06-30-2022 06:37 PM
Advertisement

cc22 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: football
As someone who's had to worry about their school multiple times since 2010, this all really sucks. I get it, but it sucks.
06-30-2022 06:40 PM
JSchmack Offline
1st String

I Root For: chaos

It's a done deal.

07-coffee3

Every time a major move comes out, everyone spends 72 hours carving up the league as if it's a sinking ship.

And then in a week or three, that conferences raids someone below them. The Pac-10 will have to lower their standards, but the idea that teams in the Bay Area, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake can't grab schools from a conference with Lawrence, Manhattan KS, Stillwater, Ames, and Lubbock is silly.

TCU, Houston and Baylor will join the Pac-16 before Stanford joins the Big 12 or Mountain West.
06-30-2022 06:52 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(06-30-2022 06:52 PM)JSchmack Wrote:  

It's a done deal.

07-coffee3

Every time a major move comes out, everyone spends 72 hours carving up the league as if it's a sinking ship.

And then in a week or three, that conferences raids someone below them. The Pac-10 will have to lower their standards, but the idea that teams in the Bay Area, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake can't grab schools from a conference with Lawrence, Manhattan KS, Stillwater, Ames, and Lubbock is silly.

TCU, Houston and Baylor will join the Pac-16 before Stanford joins the Big 12 or Mountain West.

Those schools are in a GOR. The PAC 12 is not going to be able to get a new deal that would make up the $75-80M that it would take to get out. The BXII had the high ground here.

Plus the allure for an Ok State or Texas Tech to go to the PAC12 was all in LA. If those two schools want to go to SLC or or Phoenix the can invite those schools to join them.
06-30-2022 06:58 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-30-2022 06:58 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(06-30-2022 06:52 PM)JSchmack Wrote:  

It's a done deal.

07-coffee3

Those schools are in a GOR. The PAC 12 is not going to be able to get a new deal that would make up the $75-80M that it would take to get out. The BXII had the high ground here.

Plus the allure for an Ok State or Texas Tech to go to the PAC12 was all in LA. If those two schools want to go to SLC or or Phoenix the can invite those schools to join them.

GOR is up in 2025. 2.5 year horizon no problem.
06-30-2022 07:03 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'

UCLA is now official
06-30-2022 07:04 PM
Advertisement

DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
Losing UCLA and USC certainly hurts their media deals. Obviously, that will hurt their chances to get Big 12 teams.
06-30-2022 07:05 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
Wilner is told that the Big Ten is not done. Watch Oregon and Washington next.
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:Berry Tramel: OU's and Texas' move to the SEC spurred by lost faith in the Big 12

Much more recently, the other eight programs packaged those rights as part of an amended deal with ESPN that created “Big 12 Now” and ESPN+, the network’s streaming service.

That grant of rights was eventually extended to coincide with the expiration of the Big 12’s current television deal, which expires following the 2024-25 school year.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/2...048313002/
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
Maybe John Marinatto can take George Kliavkoff out for a beer after this one...
06-30-2022 07:06 PM
Mav Offline
1st String

I Root For: Omaha
06-30-2022 07:13 PM
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

B1G has been working on USC/UCLA for a long time, at least since OU/UT was official.

The others might get invites at some point but it doesn't really matter when its obvious they have to accept if tendered.
06-30-2022 07:31 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Per JRSec on another thread... Heather Dinich is hinting that Notre Dame is going to the B1G
06-30-2022 08:06 PM
Scoochpooch1 Offline
All American

I Root For: P4
(06-30-2022 08:06 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Per JRSec on another thread... Heather Dinich is hinting that Notre Dame is going to the B1G

Movement!
06-30-2022 08:16 PM
Transic_nyc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Return To Stability
06-30-2022 08:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.