Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How Emoni Changes the EMU MBB Program
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
MyBB How Emoni Changes the EMU MBB Program
The other thread was about the really looooooooooooong courtship between EMU and Emoni.

That courtship has had a happy ending.

Maybe with this thread we can start a 'new chapter' of what he means for the program including lineup, 2022 recruiting, scheduling games with MSU/UofM, etc and any thoughts as EMU's MBB program pivots to a new chapter.

As an intro: '79 says we have one scholarship available.
Detroit News' Tony Paul is hinting of possible games with MSU or UofM or both.
We still do not have a full OOC schedule for 2022/23.
How does the new lineup with Emoni look and how does he fit. Do we have a run and gun team like Braun's teams.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 04:51 PM by emu steve.)
06-29-2022 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: How Emoni Changes the EMU MBB Program
Unlike at Memphis, Emoni will have a point guard and a coach that runs an actual offense. Stan will find ways to make Emoni effective. I anticipate he and Noah will co-exist quite well.

My expectations are pretty tempered on how he will perform, but it’s important to remember he should’ve been in high school last year, yet was playing in a very strong basketball conference on a team that didn’t necessarily play to his strengths. He has nowhere to go but up, as long as he avoids the injury bug.
06-29-2022 04:56 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

06-29-2022 05:02 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

How does Emoni Bates change EMU basketball:
I will have to get cable again as there will be fewer games on ESPN+ and more on regular ESPN…

Thanks for nothing, Emoni!!03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 05:07 PM by RamyEMU.)
06-29-2022 05:06 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(06-29-2022 05:06 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  How does Emoni Bates change EMU basketball:
I will have to get cable again as there will be fewer games on ESPN+ and more on regular ESPN…

Thanks for nothing, Emoni!!03-lmfao

I think you are right. I'd guess that the networks (ESPN/CBS Sports Network) will look at Friday night conference games, etc.

I'm going to be in SoCal Thanksgiving week. If we have a home game right after I might re-route home thru Detroit. I might buy some tickets (which I won't be able to use and donate them).

As a side note, C(entral) MU will be playing in San Juan Capistrano tourney while I'm in CA. San Juan Capistrano is less than 10 miles from where I'm staying.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 05:29 PM by emu steve.)
06-29-2022 05:19 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I wish some of our recruiting aficionados would do a reset on 2022 recruiting.

'79 says we now have ONE scholarship left. What position is our priority?

And w/out using another post, if Emoni 100% now, after his injury?
06-29-2022 05:24 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

06-29-2022 05:32 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

How Emoni Changes the EMU MBB Program
EMU will now be the villain. The team everyone wants to beat. Every road game will be full of trash talk from opposing teams and fans. It will be hostile. The EMU team needs to get used to it, accept it, and not respond to it. Just play their arses off, play well, and win. Ignore the BS and the spotlight.

Fortunately a veteran coach like Heath and his staff will be able to coach them through this.

A team with Emoni, Noah, Legend, plus the others is flat out talented beyond the typical MAC standards. Time to grind and perform.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
06-29-2022 05:33 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(06-29-2022 05:33 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  EMU will now be the villain. The team everyone wants to beat. Every road game will be full of trash talk from opposing teams and fans. It will be hostile. The EMU team needs to get used to it, accept it, and not respond to it. Just play their arses off, play well, and win. Ignore the BS and the spotlight.

Fortunately a veteran coach like Heath and his staff will be able to coach them through this.

A team with Emoni, Noah, Legend, plus the others is flat out talented beyond the typical MAC standards. Time to grind and perform.

Nickle you have been an unabashed Heath fan from the start! I, otherwise, have been dubious. You were spot on!

No promo pictures with Emoni, he just got him, plain and simple. A D2 coach or a coach without pro experience does NOT make that happen. You were right my friend and I was wrong.
06-29-2022 05:45 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(06-29-2022 05:32 PM)emu steve Wrote:  https://twitter.com/thevannzee/status/15...SLx9d6T70A

Talk of EMU / MSU.

That would expected even without Bates. But if we can get UM now we are talking.
06-29-2022 05:48 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(06-29-2022 05:45 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(06-29-2022 05:33 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  EMU will now be the villain. The team everyone wants to beat. Every road game will be full of trash talk from opposing teams and fans. It will be hostile. The EMU team needs to get used to it, accept it, and not respond to it. Just play their arses off, play well, and win. Ignore the BS and the spotlight.

Nickle you have been an unabashed Heath fan from the start! I, otherwise, have been dubious. You were spot on!

No promo pictures with Emoni, he just got him, plain and simple. A D2 coach or a coach without pro experience does NOT make that happen. You were right my friend and I was wrong.

Jerry, you just admitted being wrong TWICE in one afternoon. Some posters don't admit being wrong in years... 03-lmfao
06-29-2022 05:55 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

One 'evil' thought went thru my mind. If Rocket Watts doesn't need to sitout a transfer year (he has already had his free transfer), maybe he approaches EMU and says, "got a scholarship?'

I believe he committed to Oakland AFTER May 18 and his LOI isn't binding on him.
06-29-2022 05:58 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(06-29-2022 04:48 PM)emu steve Wrote:  The other thread was about the really looooooooooooong courtship between EMU and Emoni.

That courtship has had a happy ending.

Maybe with this thread we can start a 'new chapter' of what he means for the program including lineup, 2022 recruiting, scheduling games with MSU/UofM, etc and any thoughts as EMU's MBB program pivots to a new chapter.

As an intro: '79 says we have one scholarship available.
Detroit News' Tony Paul is hinting of possible games with MSU or UofM or both.
We still do not have a full OOC schedule for 2022/23.
How does the new lineup with Emoni look and how does he fit. Do we have a run and gun team like Braun's teams.
Maybe State but not UofM no way no how. 07-coffee3
06-29-2022 06:06 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I've been hearing this for 22 years. Guess what nothing. Until proven otherwise it's not going happen now ether. It's just over hyped bs. 07-coffee3
06-29-2022 06:09 PM
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(06-29-2022 05:58 PM)emu steve Wrote:  One 'evil' thought went thru my mind. If Rocket Watts doesn't need to sitout a transfer year (he has already had his free transfer), maybe he approaches EMU and says, "got a scholarship?'

I believe he committed to Oakland AFTER May 18 and his LOI isn't binding on him.

Food for thought ....

The MAC will do wonders for Bates because ....

1) As time goes by he will have to play out of position (PF) for EMU to be successful. The MAC is a 3-guard league now matter the talent level of other teams.

2) Being a PF will necessitate the toughness and physicality from him to be successful. He can offer that vs. MAC level talent and grow better because of it.

3) By the end of the year, the third time around, Bates will be able to slide back to his favored SF position during stretches of games and will then be even more of a mis-match for other MAC teams to contend with.

4) He will soon discover the MAC is a grown mans league, even as a mid-major. If he's mature enough to deal with that and prosper, he will be back as a first-round NBA candidate 10 months from now.

My opinion.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 06:18 PM by cleveland.)
06-29-2022 06:16 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(06-29-2022 06:16 PM)cleveland Wrote:  
(06-29-2022 05:58 PM)emu steve Wrote:  One 'evil' thought went thru my mind. If Rocket Watts doesn't need to sitout a transfer year (he has already had his free transfer), maybe he approaches EMU and says, "got a scholarship?'

Food for thought ....

1) As time goes by he will have to play out of position (PF) for EMU to be successful. The MAC is a 3-guard league now matter the talent level of other teams.

2) Being a PF will necessitate the toughness and physicality from him to be successful. He can offer that vs. MAC level talent and grow better because of it.

3) By the end of the year, the third time around, Bates will be able to slide back to his favored SF position during stretches of games and will then be even more of a mis-match for other MAC teams to contend with.

4) He will soon discover the MAC is a grown mans league, even as a mid-major. If he's mature enough to deal with that and prosper, he will be back as a first-round NBA candidate 10 months from now.

My opinion.

Indeed. Emoni better not think that he is MAC POY before taking his sweats off before the 1st game.

I do want to see how some of our posters see an opening game starting line-up.
06-29-2022 06:26 PM
Advertisement

EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH

Jerry, I was extremely hard as well! But, these recruits wouldn't come to a school who last season went 10-21, wasn't competitive in many MAC games, and hasn't won the MAC in 25 years! ONE HUNDRED percent this's because of Heath! He has done what a top tier MAC coach does, out recruits his fellow MAC coaches, and wins fast! Similar to Tod K, Bobby Hurley, etc......With these 4 transfers no way we don't win the MAC! 4 and 5 star recruits very rarely go to MAC schools! Farrakhan and Emoni will be unstoppable! We've TWO NBA players! The glory days we had this type of talent! Thomas, Thomas, Kennedy then Boykins, Dial, Wilson! And, Tolbert was also great!
06-29-2022 06:40 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

This is a very insightful post, Wooden. And an aspect I did not think of. Not just the MAC oppoments, but all the B***hurt majors too. You already here that coming out with some of the tweet responses.
06-29-2022 07:19 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Me too Jerry! I was a very big proponent for Heath’s hire because of his resume: MAC coach of the year, SEC COY, AAC COY, and G league COY. I felt that Stan didn’t sustain winning because he wasn’t in his home recruiting ground. However, he will lead EMU to be the premier landing spot for Midwest mid major talent that should propel EMU to a lofty program.
06-29-2022 07:48 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(06-29-2022 06:26 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(06-29-2022 06:16 PM)cleveland Wrote:  

Food for thought ....

My opinion.

Indeed. Emoni better not think that he is MAC POY before taking his sweats off before the 1st game.

I do want to see how some of our posters see an opening game starting line-up.

Agree.

Noah - PG
Acuff - SG
Bates - SF
Legend - PF
Randle - PF

Bench Rice, Golson (6th man candidate), Billings (PF), need a center and another Guard.

Excited to see how this team gels together.
06-29-2022 07:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.