Odds of Durant coming to Memphis
Bookmark and Share
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Odds of Durant coming to Memphis
4:1

Talk about heating up the Memphis/GSW rivalry..

Dont see too many players on the horizon I'd go gaga for except for Durant.

Could you imagine a Memphis/GSW playoff series if we had this lineup? Probably take a sign and trade of Tyus Jones, Adams and Green and maybe Clarke and or Williams plus 2 first round picks. Maybe one reason we added so many assets in his draft.

Ja Chandler
Bane Konchar
Brooks Larevia Pons
JJJ Williams Roddy
KD Tillman Tillie

KD is currently 42m per and we are one of the few teams with viable cap space.

I love our team as structured but no one would shift the balence of power in the west like KD.

Notice: This is just a. Grizzlies fans post on a Grizzlies fans message board. Please do not take it too seriously. No I didnt crunch the numbers yet. It might require DB to make it work but I didn't plug him in because of the rivalry.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2022 09:25 AM by MemphisTigerPawr.)
06-25-2022 09:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
RE: Odds of Durant coming to Memphis
06-25-2022 09:27 AM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
I've always loved the NBA offseason. They manage to stay in the news more than any other sport.
06-25-2022 09:52 AM
PennyWise Offline
2nd String

Im thinking Bane or JJJ would have to be included in the trade for it to have a chance of happening...so no for me.
06-25-2022 11:48 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
0%
06-25-2022 12:00 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
If he were to sign with us for 4 years and stay healthy, it would be the biggest thing for Memphis since…Elvis. Think titles and worldwide exposure. Once he is done, we’d most likely be left with a rebuild and be hoping that Ja stays and signs a veteran extension.

If we traded for him and then he didn’t re-up. It would be a one year rental that caused us to give up our future. But if we got one title out of it…some would think it was worth it, some wouldn’t. See the Raptors and K. Leonard and Derozan now performing like an all world player for another team and Leonard is now gone.

If he signed a 4 year max extension, and his injury woes continue, it would set the Grizz back for a decade and we’d almost definitely lose Ja before he’s 26.

Whatever the case, we all have to ask ourselves, is it worth it? Or is it better to stay the course?

I for one want us to sign him. Id start out with less than this, but the most id offer in a trade is this:

Sign and trade Tyus Jones
Sign and trade Dillon Brooks
Tillman
Next seasons 1st round draft pick

Next id trade for DeAndre Ayton

Grizz get Jae Crowder & Ayton
Suns get JJJ and a protected first round pick in 2026
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2022 07:54 AM by BIGDTiger.)
06-26-2022 07:52 AM
Advertisement

oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
(06-26-2022 07:52 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  If he were to sign with us for 4 years and stay healthy, it would be the biggest thing for Memphis since…Elvis. Think titles and worldwide exposure. Once he is done, we’d most likely be left with a rebuild and be hoping that Ja stays and signs a veteran extension.

If we traded for him and then he didn’t re-up. It would be a one year rental that caused us to give up our future. But if we got one title out of it…some would think it was worth it, some wouldn’t. See the Raptors and K. Leonard and Derozan now performing like an all world player for another team and Leonard is now gone.

If he signed a 4 year max extension, and his injury woes continue, it would set the Grizz back for a decade and we’d almost definitely lose Ja before he’s 26.

Whatever the case, we all have to ask ourselves, is it worth it? Or is it better to stay the course?

I for one want us to sign him. Id start out with less than this, but the most id offer in a trade is this:

Tillman

KD signed a 4 yr 198 million extension last August.
06-26-2022 08:34 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
It would be wonderful and fun pairing KD with JM.
06-26-2022 10:00 AM
TGTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
Hope not. He’s toxic and would cause lots of issues
06-28-2022 12:26 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Easiest trade and the money almost exactly matches:

KD for JJJ and Steven Adams.

KD averaged 29.9 ppg last year and shot 38% from three. Having him on the wing would absolutely open up monster opportunities for Ja and Bane.

Put Brandon Clarke at center and go after Mo Bamba as and RFA. The Grizz will have about $20 million in cap space.

At that point, the Grizz could get a ring-chaser veteran PG to take a paycut and play.
06-28-2022 01:58 PM
TigerFan38134 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(06-28-2022 12:26 PM)TGTiger Wrote:  Hope not. He’s toxic and would cause lots of issues

I honestly don't follow the NBA very close, but from I have seen, I thought the same thing as soon as I saw this topic posted.
06-29-2022 06:33 AM
Advertisement

MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
Durant requested a trade today

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/a...s.amp.html

Phoenix well likely be involved and Ayton might be a sign and trade. Interesting to see if a third or fourth team is involved
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2022 03:44 PM by MemphisTigerPawr.)
06-30-2022 03:37 PM
Briskbas Offline
Heisman

(06-26-2022 07:52 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  If he were to sign with us for 4 years and stay healthy, it would be the biggest thing for Memphis since…Elvis. Think titles and worldwide exposure. Once he is done, we’d most likely be left with a rebuild and be hoping that Ja stays and signs a veteran extension.

Tillman

You aren't getting Durant without giving up at least Bane or probably more like JJJ.
06-30-2022 04:36 PM
DDrum1961 Offline
1st String

(06-29-2022 06:33 AM)TigerFan38134 Wrote:  
(06-28-2022 12:26 PM)TGTiger Wrote:  Hope not. He’s toxic and would cause lots of issues

I honestly don't follow the NBA very close, but from I have seen, I thought the same thing as soon as I saw this topic posted.

Grizz ..... Do NOT ... Do NOT ... Do NOT trade for KD ...

Toxic .... like Kyrie, Carmelo, Simmons, Wall, Harden, and a host of others ... More trouble than they can EVER be worth ... KD is in the same category IMO ... He would NEVER be happy in Memphis ....
06-30-2022 04:51 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
We don't have enough capitol to get KD without cratering the team as it currently stands, we are fine without him
06-30-2022 05:45 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
(06-30-2022 04:36 PM)Briskbas Wrote:  

Tillman

You aren't getting Durant without giving up at least Bane or probably more like JJJ.

JJJ out the next 4 months or more
06-30-2022 05:49 PM
Advertisement

Crazier Offline
All American

(06-25-2022 11:48 AM)PennyWise Wrote:  Im thinking Bane or JJJ would have to be included in the trade for it to have a chance of happening...so no for me.

Yep. Too much to give up for a guy that plays no defense.
07-01-2022 09:40 AM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

Love JJJ , but to get KD … you gotta roll them dice
07-01-2022 11:09 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Super stars don't have to play defense. Durant told me this personally.
07-04-2022 12:14 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(06-28-2022 01:58 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  Easiest trade and the money almost exactly matches:

KD for JJJ and Steven Adams.

KD averaged 29.9 ppg last year and shot 38% from three. Having him on the wing would absolutely open up monster opportunities for Ja and Bane.

Put Brandon Clarke at center and go after Mo Bamba as and RFA. The Grizz will have about $20 million in cap space.

At that point, the Grizz could get a ring-chaser veteran PG to take a paycut and play.

I’ll add a little caveat to this dynamic....Looking at last year, both Ja and Durant were “abused” in the playoffs...they were absolutely attacked, as they were the focal points of the offense (head if the snake theory). In order for both to have extensive careers.....A partnership between the two would work wonders...
Grizzlies have youth, KD needs to be around an influx of youth...The youth that Grizzlies have, still don’t have the juice to protect Ja from immense wear & tear...If we want to see a “healthy” Ja....Then you make the moves to sign a key component such as KD.... Is he “toxic” of course; maybe; certainly...But this culture can change that....

Especially if he attends Penny’s games with Ja 04-rock
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2022 09:26 PM by thagr82008.)
07-16-2022 03:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.