Thursday, Nov. 17
SMU at Tulane * (TBD) on ESPN

Friday, Nov. 18
South Florida at Tulsa * (9 p.m.) on ESPN2

Saturday, Dec. 3
American Football Championship (4 p.m.) on ABC

Saturday, Dec. 10
Navy vs. Army (3 p.m.) on CBS
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2022 03:58 PM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
05-26-2022 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
RE: AAC Announces Numerous Television Designations, Kickoff Times for 2022
ESPN+ 14
ESPN 7
CBS Sports Network 7
ESPN2 6
ESPNU 4
FS1 3
CBS 2
ACC Network 1
SEC Network 1
ESPN Network TBD 1
ABC/ESPN 2
ABC 1

///

Navy 9
Tulsa 7
Houston 6
Temple 6
East Carolina 5
Memphis 5
SMU 5
Tulane 5
Cincinnati 4
South Florida 4
UCF 4

///

Just based on these first couple weeks, I imagine all our games will at a minimum be available on ESPN+
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2022 02:14 PM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
05-26-2022 04:15 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
AAC Announces Numerous Television Designations, Kickoff Times for 2022
SMU-TCU hasn’t been announced yet
05-26-2022 04:19 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

(05-26-2022 04:19 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  SMU-TCU hasn’t been announced yet

These are just the early announcements. Most TV announcements are done 12 days before the game.
05-26-2022 04:23 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
Tulane at Kansas State stands out as a game I wouldn't expect to see on Plus.
05-27-2022 04:30 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(05-27-2022 04:30 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  Tulane at Kansas State stands out as a game I wouldn't expect to see on Plus.

Well, that's the Big12 and their Big12 Network on ESPN+ for ya!
05-27-2022 05:38 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
Just what I expected, tons of games on the plus. Next year will be even worse. Oh, and the CUSA6: All your games will be on the plus next year. You thought you’d be getting great exposure huh? Well, I suppose it’s better than Facebook and Stadium, I guess.
The plus is a minus.
05-29-2022 10:25 AM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(05-29-2022 10:25 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Just what I expected, tons of games on the plus. Next year will be even worse. Oh, and the CUSA6: All your games will be on the plus next year. You thought you’d be getting great exposure huh? Well, I suppose it’s better than Facebook and Stadium, I guess.
The plus is a minus.

With the AAC-Disney primary media rights deal, the 11-team AAC has 40 games on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU and 22 games on ESPN+ (assuming the 10 non-Navy teams have 6 home games each, total inventory in this deal would be 6x10 + 1 NMCMS game every year (Houston @ Navy this year) + ND when Navy hosts like this year).

That's 65% on linear, 35% on ESPN+ this year. Maybe next year. With 14 teams, that will be 51-49 or 50-50. Which is still waaaaaay better than CUSA or Sun Belt. I would need to count up mwc - not all are accounted for yet and anyway it would be fun to have a discussion about ESPN+ vs FS2 and whatnot. I'd need to check MAC numbers also, but even before seeing numbers I would in no way, shape, or form trade AAC contract for Tuesday-Wednesday MACtion.

Counting up the games already identified, 21 of 40 TV games in our primary deal and 13 of 22 ESPN+ games. So two thirds of the not-yet-slotted games will be on linear TV not ESPN+

What makes up those 13 ESPN+ games?
I count 8 FCS opponents, 2 Sun Belt opponents, 1 MAC opponent, UMass, and Rutgers. (Oh, Rutgers, you poor thing.) Yeah, most of those weren't getting on TV. While we might expect one or two "loss leaders" -- good matchups on the ESPN+ -- to draw subscriptions, we really haven't seen those.

True confession time: I am personally pleased to see ODU @ ECU on the Plus. Navy's three remaining games to get scheduled are at ECU, at Cincinnati, and at UCF. Since ECU ALREADY has two games on the Plus, Navy should be 12 for 12 again.
05-29-2022 11:01 AM
CLTPirate Offline
Special Teams

(05-29-2022 10:25 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Just what I expected, tons of games on the plus. Next year will be even worse. Oh, and the CUSA6: All your games will be on the plus next year. You thought you’d be getting great exposure huh? Well, I suppose it’s better than Facebook and Stadium, I guess.
The plus is a minus.

It’ll be fine, the doomers on here have to relax
05-29-2022 11:06 AM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
Yeah, I have to say I am surprised.

This is Charlotte's 2022 Football TV schedule:

[Image: fb82aedbfdc348f58e80032cc607a37776bf2acd.png]

I would imagine that South Carolina game will be on SECN.

I think the main benefits to CUSA 6 will be a much better setup for basketball (CUSA is Thurs/Sat with atrocious coverage), and getting all of the non revenue sports on ESPN+.

If you are a baseball or soccer etc fan... Let's just say that the awfulness of CUSA.TV cannot be overstated plus you have to carry a half dozen subscriptions just to follow freaking baseball.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2022 11:12 AM by Artifice.)
05-29-2022 11:07 AM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(05-29-2022 11:01 AM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
The plus is a minus.

With the AAC-Disney primary media rights deal, the 11-team AAC has 40 games on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU and 22 games on ESPN+ (assuming the 10 non-Navy teams have 6 home games each, total inventory in this deal would be 6x10 + 1 NMCMS game every year (Houston @ Navy this year) + ND when Navy hosts like this year).

That's 65% on linear, 35% on ESPN+ this year. Maybe next year. With 14 teams, that will be 51-49 or 50-50. Which is still waaaaaay better than CUSA or Sun Belt. I would need to count up mwc - not all are accounted for yet and anyway it would be fun to have a discussion about ESPN+ vs FS2 and whatnot. I'd need to check MAC numbers also, but even before seeing numbers I would in no way, shape, or form trade AAC contract for Tuesday-Wednesday MACtion.

Counting up the games already identified, 21 of 40 TV games in our primary deal and 13 of 22 ESPN+ games. So two thirds of the not-yet-slotted games will be on linear TV not ESPN+

I count 8 FCS opponents, 2 Sun Belt opponents, 1 MAC opponent, UMass, and Rutgers. (Oh, Rutgers, you poor thing.) Yeah, most of those weren't getting on TV. While we might expect one or two "loss leaders" -- good matchups on the ESPN+ -- to draw subscriptions, we really haven't seen those.

True confession time: I am personally pleased to see ODU @ ECU on the Plus. Navy's three remaining games to get scheduled are at ECU, at Cincinnati, and at UCF. Since ECU ALREADY has two games on the Plus, Navy should be 12 for 12 again.

Actually any ECU home games vs Navy could be on the plus and it would be fine by me lol. Watching the defense defend against the option is hard for me to watch haha..
05-29-2022 02:14 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
The plus is a minus.

Its worth noting that ESPN+ isnt the ESPN+ it was two years ago. ESPN+ now has a subscriber total of 22.3 million----so your better off being on ESPN+ than the P5's Pac-12 Network (14.8 million subscribers). Yeah---ESPN+ coverage is a step down from games on CBS-Sports Network---but about half of what we used to watch on CBSSN has moved to ESPN linear networks (all of which have substantially more subscribers than CBSSN)---so overall---our exposure is roughly the same as it was under the old ESPN/CBSSN deal. On the upside---ESPN+ has been nice for some of the lesser sports. For instance, its much easier to follow AAC baseball than it has been in the past---and the broadcast quality has been better to boot.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2022 03:46 PM by Attackcoog.)
05-29-2022 03:40 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

More TV opportunities: Bowl Games.

ESPN's announcements 26 May included bowl schedules.

With Peach and Fiesta CFP SemiFinals, the highest ranked champion from a conference without a contract to a CFP bowl WILL play in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, Monday 2 January 1pm ET, ESPN
The AAC has two annual bowl tie-ins vs the ACC
Wasabi Fenway Bowl, Saturday 17 December 11am ET, ESPN
Military Bowl presented by Peraton, Wednesday 28 December 2pm ET, ESPN Both these bowls display AAC vs ACC on their websites.
The AAC should also have the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl, Thursday 22 December 7:30 pm ET, ESPN which we alternate years with the Hawaii Bowl. LMAFB website doesn't mention participants, but Hawaii Bowl sure says mwc vs CUSA.
Interestingly, the TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl, 27 December 3:15 or 6:45 ET, ESPN website splash page shows AAC vs SEC...hmmm...(that "OR" time is same for First Responder Bowl)
The AAC is listed as a backup for the Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl, 23 December time tbd, ESPN which should be Army vs PAC12; CUSA also a backup conference.

Our former partner Gasparilla Bowl shows 8 of 10 FBS conferences, plus Army West Point and BYU under "affiliations"
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022 11:48 AM by slhNavy91.)
05-30-2022 11:47 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

(05-29-2022 03:40 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
The plus is a minus.

Its worth noting that ESPN+ isnt the ESPN+ it was two years ago. ESPN+ now has a subscriber total of 22.3 million----so your better off being on ESPN+ than the P5's Pac-12 Network (14.8 million subscribers). Yeah---ESPN+ coverage is a step down from games on CBS-Sports Network---but about half of what we used to watch on CBSSN has moved to ESPN linear networks (all of which have substantially more subscribers than CBSSN)---so overall---our exposure is roughly the same as it was under the old ESPN/CBSSN deal. On the upside---ESPN+ has been nice for some of the lesser sports. For instance, its much easier to follow AAC baseball than it has been in the past---and the broadcast quality has been better to boot.

Prefer ESPN+ over most of the cable bundle channels like CBSSN, ESNPU, ESPNNews, etc etc

This will be the first season the ACC Network is offered on Comcast. Those Conference specific networks are probably going to die and get rolled into ESPN+ eventually. Maybe they will be add-ons.
05-31-2022 08:18 AM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

That's right boys, first Saturday in Dowdy Ficklen on ESPN. Enjoy.
05-31-2022 10:44 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(05-31-2022 10:44 AM)ncbeta Wrote:  That's right boys, first Saturday in Dowdy Ficklen on ESPN. Enjoy.

Saturday, Sept. 3
NC State at East Carolina (Noon) on ESPN

[Image: jeremiah-johnson-nod.gif]
05-31-2022 01:19 PM
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says feline aids is better than CUSA.TV
05-31-2022 01:30 PM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
The plus is a minus.

We’re bringing to the AAC a non-conference home game with Houston in 2023 and future home games with Army, Boise State and Northwestern. These games will likely do better than ESPN+.
05-31-2022 08:59 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(05-31-2022 08:59 PM)ESE84 Wrote:  
The plus is a minus.

We’re bringing to the AAC a non-conference home game with Houston in 2023 and future home games with Army, Boise State and Northwestern. These games will likely do better than ESPN+.

I see everyone of those as plus games except for the Boise game.
The plus is a minus.
06-01-2022 05:31 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(05-31-2022 01:19 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(05-31-2022 10:44 AM)ncbeta Wrote:  That's right boys, first Saturday in Dowdy Ficklen on ESPN. Enjoy.

Saturday, Sept. 3
NC State at East Carolina (Noon) on ESPN

[Image: jeremiah-johnson-nod.gif]

We're not fans of the nooner spot, but get it. Cindy-Arkanas has central time zone fans, and Utah-Florida snagged the prime time slot.

Just curious, what's on ESPN2 on Saturdays? Don't see any football games slotted.
06-01-2022 05:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.