05-26-2022 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
RE: EIU Moved to Thursday Night
Thursday night to get a game broadcast on ESPN+. Wow. Yippee.

Any attendance predictions?
05-26-2022 01:44 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
(05-26-2022 01:44 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Thursday night to get a game broadcast on ESPN+. Wow. Yippee.

This is probably a net positive for attendance, students will actually be on campus
05-26-2022 01:45 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-26-2022 01:45 PM)7 Wrote:  
(05-26-2022 01:44 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Thursday night to get a game broadcast on ESPN+. Wow. Yippee.

This is probably a net positive for attendance, students will actually be on campus

I doubt that. They will probably leave campus as early as possible for a long holiday weekend. It will cut the attendance of adult fans who work that day and the next day. Smart move, MAC!
05-26-2022 01:47 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(05-26-2022 01:47 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

I doubt that. They will probably leave campus as early as possible for a long holiday weekend. It will cut the attendance of adult fans who work that day and the next day. Smart move, MAC!

Honestly, acting like you can’t make the game on the opening night of college football because of work is an incredibly lame excuse. It’s always something. Add in the amount of people who are WFH and it makes the excuse even more lame.
05-26-2022 01:52 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-26-2022 01:52 PM)7 Wrote:  

Honestly, acting like you can’t make the game on the opening night of college football because of work is an incredibly lame excuse. It’s always something. Add in the amount of people who are WFH and it makes the excuse even more lame.

What the hell is wrong with having the game on that Saturday when more people are off? Yes, to some people who need to work for a living, work is indeed important. I will most likely be at the game, but many people who work and can't take off won't be there. But that's fine because the MAC has shown time and time again that attendance is unimportant and they could not care less.
05-26-2022 02:04 PM
Advertisement

randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(05-26-2022 02:04 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

What the hell is wrong with having the game on that Saturday when more people are off? Yes, to some people who need to work for a living, work is indeed important. I will most likely be at the game, but many people who work and can't take off won't be there. But that's fine because the MAC has shown time and time again that attendance is unimportant and they could not care less.

Wow.

You need a latter for that 3 story soap box you are on? Hope the fall doesn't hurt.
05-26-2022 02:17 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

The bottom line is NIU makes more money off the TV rights than fans in the seats.
05-26-2022 02:17 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-26-2022 02:17 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(05-26-2022 01:45 PM)7 Wrote:  This is probably a net positive for attendance, students will actually be on campus

Wow.

You need a latter for that 3 story soap box you are on? Hope the fall doesn't hurt.

It shouldn't.....as long as I fall on you.
05-26-2022 02:19 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

This conference and NIU make decisions that really make you wonder about the people in charge.

Two Saturday games in a six game home schedule.
05-26-2022 02:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
All American

(05-26-2022 02:19 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(05-26-2022 01:47 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  I doubt that. They will probably leave campus as early as possible for a long holiday weekend. It will cut the attendance of adult fans who work that day and the next day. Smart move, MAC!

Wow.

That comment was for 7 and his lecture, not you.

I know to stay clear of your falling. 03-lmfao
05-26-2022 02:22 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-26-2022 02:20 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  This conference and NIU make decisions that really make you wonder about the people in charge.

Two Saturday games in a six game home schedule.

Exactly! I am sick of the MAC shoving NIU all over the place while many of its teams play full Saturday schedules.

I can understand moving the game to a weekday for national coverage. But, ESPN+? If the game were on Saturday, it would also be on ESPN+ (or ESPN3).
05-26-2022 02:25 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-26-2022 02:22 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(05-26-2022 01:52 PM)7 Wrote:  Honestly, acting like you can’t make the game on the opening night of college football because of work is an incredibly lame excuse. It’s always something. Add in the amount of people who are WFH and it makes the excuse even more lame.

Wow.

I'm sorry I misunderstood you. However, I will make up for it by letting you fall on me! (And, yes, I will enjoy every minute of it!)
05-26-2022 02:27 PM
All American

(05-26-2022 02:27 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(05-26-2022 02:22 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(05-26-2022 02:04 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  What the hell is wrong with having the game on that Saturday when more people are off? Yes, to some people who need to work for a living, work is indeed important. I will most likely be at the game, but many people who work and can't take off won't be there. But that's fine because the MAC has shown time and time again that attendance is unimportant and they could not care less.

Wow.

I'm sorry I misunderstood you. However, I will make up for it by letting you fall on me! (And, yes, I will enjoy every minute of it!)

03-lmfao
05-26-2022 02:29 PM
calvin12 Offline
I am the overlord of everything

I Root For: duh
And there is one more game of my season ticket package I probably can't make, thanks for making the decision to keep tickets even harder in the future. I want to support the program, but they make it so freaking hard to do.
05-26-2022 02:34 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

It sucks moving a Saturday game. Now there are only 2 saturday home games until November. But if it gets more money or whatever, gotta do what you gotta do.

I wonder if EIU kids would be home for Labor Day weekend and would have come out to dekalb to watch their panthers?

Attendance guesses

Thursday night: 9,746

Lost Saturday: 14,288
05-26-2022 02:38 PM
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
Wondering if we go back to the beginning of the super-crappy but semi-profitable ESPN/MAC deal, if we can see if any one or two MAC schools have shouldered the weekday-football load more than others? Have to think it's on some sort of known rotation? Do schools that are hot or not get shifted more?
05-26-2022 02:45 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

Sorry 7. I try and be positive but there’s no way to spin this “net positive “ if this adds even 500+ more students. It’s about selling tickets to both NIU AND EIU FANS.

I know it won’t be Jordan & Jimmy G at QB but the last time EIU visited on a beautiful Saturday was the last Huskie Stadium was “sold-out” ( or near…23-24K)

I don’t see how ESPN or the MAC would even care WHEN we played this game.

Only 2 Saturday home games in September/October. 03-banghead
05-26-2022 02:51 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-26-2022 02:51 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  

Sorry 7. I try and be positive but there’s no way to spin this “net positive “ if this adds even 500+ more students. It’s about selling tickets to both NIU AND EIU FANS.

I know it won’t be Jordan & Jimmy G at QB but the last time EIU visited on a beautiful Saturday was the last Huskie Stadium was “sold-out” ( or near…23-24K)

I don’t see how ESPN or the MAC would even care WHEN we played this game.

Only 2 Saturday home games in September/October. 03-banghead

Yes, two Saturday games for the entire season is deplorable. I know that this is not NIU's doing, but I wonder if they are issuing any sort of complaint with the MAC or are they just going with the flow and doing what they are told? They are not making it easy for fans to attend the games and support the team. If they don't care then, fine, they will simply have to live with the results. People are tired of this stuff, and the lack of fan support shows it.
05-26-2022 03:28 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
IMO ESPN (which owns all rights) might have said "here's what we need to fill." To me it looks like an attempt at a holiday weekend work-around.

Anyway, wasn't it one of the brilliant strategy moves to schedule in-state FCS opponents to give their fans a chance to attend (and boost NIU attendance)?

The question that will be partly answered is whether that might happen with a game on Thursday (come up from Charleston, head home afterward) or on Saturday (interrupt long weekend for trip to/from DeKalb). Hope EIU sells this on their end as "hey, you're almost home from DeKalb ... ."

FYI -- EIU game Sept. 21 2013 attendance 23,595 (official capacity at that time)
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2022 03:35 PM by pvk75.)
05-26-2022 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.