WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Home Coming of Yesteryear's
AllBronco Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
Home Coming of Yesteryear's
Anyone here remember Doolittle firing up the fans at a huge bonfire the night before the game. And the parade and soap box derby race down the hill in front of the Student Union?
05-23-2022 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goldsworth Offline
1st String

RE: Home Coming of Yesteryear's
(05-23-2022 06:02 PM)AllBronco Wrote:  Anyone here remember Doolittle firing up the fans at a huge bonfire the night before the game. And the parade and soap box derby race down the hill in front of the Student Union?

Coach Doo was the best…who can forget him coming to those bonfires with his ten gallon hat with a great big block W on the front.The Bronco marching band leading the charge.I never missed those bonfires. Coach Doo was a favorite with the students. His love for WMU was contagious.Those were some of my favorite memories while at WMU. Go Broncos.
05-23-2022 06:29 PM
okgc Online
Heisman

I remember the soap box derby races down Michigan Ave hill at WMU.
Neighbor kid built & raced there one year.
05-23-2022 06:30 PM
AllBronco Offline
Special Teams

(05-23-2022 06:29 PM)goldsworth Wrote:  
(05-23-2022 06:02 PM)AllBronco Wrote:  Anyone here remember Doolittle firing up the fans at a huge bonfire the night before the game. And the parade and soap box derby race down the hill in front of the Student Union?

Coach Doo was the best…who can forget him coming to those bonfires with his ten gallon hat with a great big block W on the front.The Bronco marching band leading the charge.I never missed those bonfires. Coach Doo was a favorite with the students. His love for WMU was contagious.Those were some of my favorite memories while at WMU. Go Broncos.

My wife and I went to campus today to check out some of the ongoing construction. While looking down from the front of the student union, those were the memories that filled my mind.
05-23-2022 06:56 PM
DtownBronco Offline
Bench Warmer

Wow, memories! I was the winning driver in the 1995 Soap Box Derby as part of the Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE) student branch.

A bunch of nerdy mechanical engineers running against the cheerleaders and fraternities! We had a molded fiberglass body car with low friction bearings on the wheels and lead shot welded into the frame for added weight (mass x gravity).

It wasn't even a fair fight...
05-24-2022 11:30 AM
Advertisement

AllBronco Offline
Special Teams

(05-24-2022 11:30 AM)DtownBronco Wrote:  Wow, memories! I was the winning driver in the 1995 Soap Box Derby as part of the Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE) student branch.

A bunch of nerdy mechanical engineers running against the cheerleaders and fraternities! We had a molded fiberglass body car with low friction bearings on the wheels and lead shot welded into the frame for added weight (mass x gravity).

It wasn't even a fair fight...

I didn’t know they were still doing that. Well if I were still there I would have been cheering for you.
05-24-2022 12:10 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Anyone remember when I spilled seed on a WMU cheerleader minutes before kickoff?

I bet she does.
05-28-2022 05:12 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

Were you in EMU’s secret agriculture program, or did you commit third degree criminal sexual conduct, or were you seducing our cheerleaders in an effort to repopulate your stands for football games?
05-28-2022 05:41 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(05-28-2022 05:41 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  Were you in EMU’s secret agriculture program, or did you commit third degree criminal sexual conduct, or were you seducing our cheerleaders in an effort to repopulate your stands for football games?

Actually, none of the above. I lied — it never happened. Hopefully I made someone out there laugh…

I’m from Kalamazoo, so I did impregnate many a WMU filly in my mind over the years. cloud9:
05-28-2022 10:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.