Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC athletics reassigning season ticket holder seat assignments
Bookmark and Share
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
UC athletics reassigning season ticket holder seat assignments
If they're going to do this, maybe they can start with the ticket holders with the best seats that only go to the big games and then don't resell tickets to games against lesser opponents. The school announces a sell-out, but so may great seats in the lower bowl remain empty.

I know many fans that are being reassigned to the upper deck or corners so that the university can create more premium seating options.

05-22-2022 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
RE: UC athletics reassigning season ticket holder seat assignments
(05-22-2022 11:22 AM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  If they're going to do this, maybe they can start with the ticket holders with the best seats that only go to the big games and then don't resell tickets to games against lesser opponents. The school announces a sell-out, but so may great seats in the lower bowl remain empty.

I know many fans that are being reassigned to the upper deck or corners so that the university can create more premium seating options.

The upper deck is the best view in the stadium not including the expansion club seats. We moved from 30 yard line lower bowl home side to 30 yard line upper deck away side because it’s better. Just happened to be cheaper. They have the walk you can go piss in 5/3 even if you need to and be back in your seat in 5 minutes. Lines are much smaller for concessions/beer. I’ve found it a much better all around experience.

Get your point though.

05-22-2022 11:48 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(05-22-2022 11:22 AM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  If they're going to do this, maybe they can start with the ticket holders with the best seats that only go to the big games and then don't resell tickets to games against lesser opponents. The school announces a sell-out, but so may great seats in the lower bowl remain empty.

How did UC reassign people? Do you mean they raised prices and to keep the same price point they moved?

05-22-2022 11:58 AM
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I only heard about it from friends. I had talked to some football people who knew this was coming for basketball, and they weren't happy about it then. I'm just speculating, but I would imagine affected people were told about before they actually ordered tickets for the upcoming year.

05-22-2022 12:38 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(05-22-2022 12:38 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  I only heard about it from friends. I had talked to some football people who knew this was coming for basketball, and they weren't happy about it then. I'm just speculating, but I would imagine affected people were told about before they actually ordered tickets for the upcoming year.

So, UC is NOT REASSIGNING people! These people are reassigning themselves. With the current administrations runaway inflation, a lot of people likely are making such decisions every day. Instead of grilling Filets on Memorial Day they buy Pork Ribs.

05-23-2022 06:25 AM
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

(05-23-2022 06:25 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(05-22-2022 12:38 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  I only heard about it from friends. I had talked to some football people who knew this was coming for basketball, and they weren't happy about it then. I'm just speculating, but I would imagine affected people were told about before they actually ordered tickets for the upcoming year.

So, UC is NOT REASSIGNING people! These people are reassigning themselves. With the current administrations runaway inflation, a lot of people likely are making such decisions every day. Instead of grilling Filets on Memorial Day they buy Pork Ribs.

That is not the case. Friends have had the same seats since the arena was realigned. They were notified by the university that they had been reassigned period. They may or may not renew because of this. They have sent correspondence to the AD asking for an explanation.

05-23-2022 07:13 AM
Advertisement

dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy
(05-23-2022 07:13 AM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  

That is not the case. Friends have had the same seats since the arena was realigned. They were notified by the university that they had been reassigned period. They may or may not renew because of this. They have sent correspondence to the AD asking for an explanation.

if UC is just trying to squeeze more money from those seats, why doesn't it just tell people that the seat prices are going up? is there something else behind, besides the $$$?

05-23-2022 07:16 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator

My understanding of what is happening is for the 2023-2024 season in basketball the Athletic Department is not guaranteeing your specific seats. You will get to choose seats by priority level. This is in preparation for the big 12 and a chance to increase donations. I have mixed feelings about it as a I love my basketball seats and I'm worried about losing them as well. There is of course the potential to improve your seats. If I hear more about it at the lunch today I will share it.

05-23-2022 07:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(05-23-2022 07:16 AM)dave108 Wrote:  

if UC is just trying to squeeze more money from those seats, why doesn't it just tell people that the seat prices are going up? is there something else behind, besides the $$$?

Because they want to keep longtime fans in the arena. I mean, if you didn't think this was coming with a move to the "Big Time", you weren't paying attention. We are going to be in the best basketball conference in the country, where some years tickets against just Kansas alone will cost as much as some season tickets were costing fans a few years back. The AD is doing this to remain financially competitive, and it's what they should be doing. Those fans who no longer have season tickets because they didn't want to sit 10 rows higher or could pay the extra cash, can now simply buy single-gamers for better games instead.

05-23-2022 07:45 AM
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

(05-23-2022 07:43 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

My understanding of what is happening is for the 2023-2024 season in basketball the Athletic Department is not guaranteeing your specific seats. You will get to choose seats by priority level. This is in preparation for the big 12 and a chance to increase donations. I have mixed feelings about it as a I love my basketball seats and I'm worried about losing them as well. There is of course the potential to improve your seats. If I hear more about it at the lunch today I will share it.

I am not a season ticket holder for basketball, but I have had them for football for more than 10 years now. If they ever decide to do this for football, I'd like to think that since I'm up in the second deck they would never displace me, but you never know.

05-23-2022 07:50 AM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
They did reassign football seats in 201 as that will be the new visitors sections. That's all I've heard about so far.

05-23-2022 09:19 AM
Advertisement

Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

Most likely, they have some high profile people wanting season tickets, but aren't willing to settle for seats where you can touch the rafters. So the AD is moving different people people from multiple sections up a few rows which in the end will open up several hundred seats in the lower bowl for people that want top notch seats and are willing to pay top dollar for them.

That makes sense for the Athletic Department's point of view, but it sucks for people that have had great seats for a long time, but just got screwed by the university even though they've donated big money for many, many years.

05-23-2022 10:38 AM
Z-Fly Offline
1st String

If they take my seats away, I would view that as a slap in the face. I would probably be done at that point. I have been there, since 2007 good/bad/indifferent. I won't complain about the increase in price, but don't boot me for some Johnny-come-lately booster. I was there, at times when no one else was there.

05-23-2022 11:40 AM
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

(05-23-2022 11:40 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  If they take my seats away, I would view that as a slap in the face. I would probably be done at that point. I have been there, since 2007 good/bad/indifferent. I won't complain about the increase in price, but don't boot me for some Johnny-come-lately booster. I was there, at times when no one else was there.

Agreed.

05-23-2022 12:52 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(05-23-2022 11:40 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  If they take my seats away, I would view that as a slap in the face. I would probably be done at that point. I have been there, since 2007 good/bad/indifferent. I won't complain about the increase in price, but don't boot me for some Johnny-come-lately booster. I was there, at times when no one else was there.

So, hypothetically, if they increase your tickets by 400%, would you still take them, or try to find new season tickets and potentially not be able to? I guess my whole thing is that they're trying to do what's possible to keep all of the season ticket holders they can while also getting their prices up to market rate. Either way, they need to get their prices up to market rate or else they're going to be hamstringing the department willingly, while the institution bears the brunt of the floated funding. This is a way for the AD to become self-sufficient, something that most every P5 is much closer to that we are.

05-23-2022 01:12 PM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

(05-22-2022 11:48 AM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  

The upper deck is the best view in the stadium not including the expansion club seats. We moved from 30 yard line lower bowl home side to 30 yard line upper deck away side because it’s better. Just happened to be cheaper. They have the walk you can go piss in 5/3 even if you need to and be back in your seat in 5 minutes. Lines are much smaller for concessions/beer. I’ve found it a much better all around experience.

Get your point though.

I'll clarify my stance. If they are raising prices (everyone knew well ahead with the Big 12 move and the athletic department has been clear about it) and you can't afford them then I have no issue. This has been made crystal clear and should be of no surprise. It's also common sense.

If UC is booting people out of their seats that are longtime or even short time season ticket holders that are willing to pay the new prices or whatever else they are doing to make them considered premium for high profile people whether famous/corporate/sports figures/etc. I will be upset and likely discontinue my tickets for both football and basketball immediately even if I love Luke, Wes, and the players. That would be complete BS and I would never contribute another $0.01 to the university ever again.

Hope this get's clarified soon and Mark can report back after the lunch.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022 01:35 PM by natibeast2.0.)
05-23-2022 01:32 PM
Advertisement

Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

The person I talked to wasn't given the option of a higher ticket price for the same ticket price. They just got moved into a different area for the same price.

05-23-2022 03:17 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(05-23-2022 03:17 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  The person I talked to wasn't given the option of a higher ticket price for the same ticket price. They just got moved into a different area for the same price.

Yea, I'm not sure why that would be unless those tickets are no longer open for season ticket holders (potentially they made those visitors seats or something). Football did not reseat and doesn't have plans to reseat.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/2021/10/19...-plan.aspx

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022 03:31 PM by bearcatmark.)
05-23-2022 03:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

(05-23-2022 03:30 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(05-23-2022 03:17 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  The person I talked to wasn't given the option of a higher ticket price for the same ticket price. They just got moved into a different area for the same price.

Yea, I'm not sure why that would be unless those tickets are no longer open for season ticket holders (potentially they made those visitors seats or something). Football did not reseat and doesn't have plans to reseat.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/2021/10/19...-plan.aspx

Thanks Mark! GO BEARCATS!

05-23-2022 03:39 PM
Z-Fly Offline
1st String

(05-23-2022 01:12 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

So, hypothetically, if they increase your tickets by 400%, would you still take them, or try to find new season tickets and potentially not be able to? I guess my whole thing is that they're trying to do what's possible to keep all of the season ticket holders they can while also getting their prices up to market rate. Either way, they need to get their prices up to market rate or else they're going to be hamstringing the department willingly, while the institution bears the brunt of the floated funding. This is a way for the AD to become self-sufficient, something that most every P5 is much closer to that we are.

Yes, I would actually be willing to pay 1000%. Whatever it is, I would like to have the option to choose. I've considered getting suites, but that's just not my style. I love where I'm at, and I don't want to move to "better" seats, and I absolutely do not want to move to worse seats. I don't consider myself wealthy, but the government does. Regardless, I could afford to pay more.

05-23-2022 03:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.