Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How high will NIL spending get ?
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
How high will NIL spending get ?
It’s been reported that Texas a&m boosters spent $30m on eight 5* players this recruiting cycle alone!, could we see an Escalation in the coming years to even more spending, I think so…
I feel like to win a national championship teams will have to have $100m to compete with other teams, is this too much ?
05-20-2022 06:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: How high will NIL spending get ?
If that money is going to the recruits then what happens to the athletic department?

Do they get run dry?

Also what happen when the boosters are tapped out? A recession? Players don't pan out?
05-20-2022 06:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
(05-20-2022 06:55 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  If that money is going to the recruits then what happens to the athletic department?

Do they get run dry?

Also what happen when the boosters are tapped out? A recession? Players don't pan out?
I guess when the boosters are taped out then another schools boosters pony up…
05-20-2022 07:08 PM
bgwisc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: wisconsin
How high will college coaching salaries get? As soon as you can pinpoint where salaries are going for those free market salaries, you'll have your answer for NIL.
05-20-2022 07:10 PM
Advertisement

Big 12 fan too Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
(05-20-2022 06:55 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  If that money is going to the recruits then what happens to the athletic department?

Do they get run dry?

The P2 schools will have 100+ million coming from conference payouts and non-booster revenue. They will be fine after a transition period.
05-20-2022 08:46 PM
e-parade Offline
All American

I Root For: UMass
I think we'll see it explode at the start like we're seeing, and then it'll eventually get lower as people realize they're paying too much and actually losing money on these deals.

What that means for the price? No idea. Might jump higher than it is now and settle where it is or above, or this might be the peak and it'll go down from here. I just don't feel it'll be a bottomless pit that's ever increasing. Rich people don't mind spending money...but they hate losing money.
05-20-2022 11:20 PM
Big 12 fan too Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
(05-20-2022 11:20 PM)e-parade Wrote:  I think we'll see it explode at the start like we're seeing, and then it'll eventually get lower as people realize they're paying too much and actually losing money on these deals.

What that means for the price? No idea. Might jump higher than it is now and settle where it is or above, or this might be the peak and it'll go down from here. I just don't feel it'll be a bottomless pit that's ever increasing. Rich people don't mind spending money...but they hate losing money.

You think these big deal are about actually making money off NIL? That's a just a perk.

They're just donations. Donations with better ROI than what boosters have typically gotten from their donations.

You're not thinking like a rich booster, who will spend millions to just get RID of a bad coach. At these top programs, Millions for a player is nothing in comparison. This is just another way to get their favorite team to win, and a flex of power. And much more efficient and impactful than other donations
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2022 12:25 AM by Big 12 fan too.)
05-21-2022 12:23 AM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
I think you'll see most draftable players making more in college per year than they would in their rookie contracts. So we'll see players staying until their eligibility is used up but in most cases it won't be with the team they started with.

Without a cap, and with a few Billionaires getting involved, I could easily see college players making more per year than pro players even after they've completed their rookie contracts. If attendance is any indication, loyalty to your favorite school's team is much greater than loyalty to your NFL team. So if that's the case with a few Billionaires, look out.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2022 11:12 AM by ChrisLords.)
05-21-2022 11:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.