Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Biden* Admin Failures Corruption--part Deux, electric boogaloo...
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Biden* Admin Failures Corruption--part Deux, electric boogaloo...
Well...at least "something" is on "sale"...

The Dow is set for another week of declines. This Dow has now been down for 8 consecutive weeks. This has not happened since 1923.

This has not happened in 90 years.

"A new record!!" sez every Dem operative in the MSM in a few hours...
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2023 12:36 AM by GoodOwl.)
05-20-2022 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

RE: Biden* Admin Failures--part Deux, electric boogaloo...
oops, intended for Quad, Mods, please move. Kinda fits the theme of these derelicts, though...it's catching...$10 gas, get it if ya "can"
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2022 03:07 PM by GoodOwl.)
05-20-2022 02:45 PM
mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
Alternate headline ... despite 8 weeks of declines, the Dow still closed higher today than it closed at any time during the Trump presidency (thanks to a slight afternoon rally). And the Dow's high-water mark when Trump was President only occurred after the Dow rallied for a gain of more than 3,500 points between the 2020 election and Biden's inauguration.

But we all know you are a fair and impartial teller of truth, so I'm sure you were singing Biden's praises when the Dow increased from 31,188.38 on inauguration day (1/20/21) to 36,799.65 on 1/5/22, right? RIGHT?!?

But yeah, feel free to delete the thread or move to Quad! I know very little about the stock market and don't profess to know enough to get into an argument about it. I plead guilty to my own ignorance and idiocy.

Happy Friday!
05-20-2022 03:52 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

(05-20-2022 03:52 PM)mrbig Wrote:  Alternate headline ... despite 8 weeks of declines, the Dow still closed higher today than it closed at any time during the Trump presidency (thanks to a slight afternoon rally). And the Dow's high-water mark when Trump was President only occurred after the Dow rallied for a gain of more than 3,500 points between the 2020 election and Biden's inauguration.

But we all know you are a fair and impartial teller of truth, so I'm sure you were singing Biden's praises when the Dow increased from 31,188.38 on inauguration day (1/20/21) to 36,799.65 on 1/5/22, right? RIGHT?!?

But yeah, feel free to delete the thread or move to Quad! I know very little about the stock market and don't profess to know enough to get into an argument about it. I plead guilty to my own ignorance and idiocy.

Happy Friday!

Wow. Just wow:

President Trump vs. Biden* stock market performance as of:
Last updated: May 20th, 2022

How does President Trump compare to Biden* in the stock market? We share the facts on cumulative and annualized performance between Trump and Biden in the stock market.

Cumulatively across the S&P 500, President Trump is at 19.85% compared to Biden* at 1.29% a difference of 18.56%.

On the NASDAQ, President Trump is at 32.75% compared to Biden* at -15.62% a difference of 48.37%.

Finally, on the DOW Jones, President Trump is at 25.25% compared to Biden* at 0.24% a difference of 25.02%.

Code:
Index
Cumul.
Perfor-
mance    Trump    Biden*    Difference
NASDAQ    32.75%    -15.62%    Trump +48.37%
DOW    25.25%    0.24%    Trump +25.02%
S&P    19.85%    1.29%    Trump +18.56%
Index
Annualized
Perfor-
mance    Trump    Biden*    Difference
NASDAQ    23.82%    -11.98%    Trump +35.80%
DOW    18.51%    0.18%    Trump +18.33%
S&P    14.63%    0.96%    Trump +13.67%

It's not even close: President Trump wins in stock market performance! (don't feel bad, wuile you might not be expected to understand stock market, most would expect you to at least understand basic Math and the concept of what a percentage is...oh, well, to be charitable, perhaps you were you a "legacy" acceptance? But we all know you are a fair and impartial teller of truth (ha!))

Now, do you think markets will go up or continue to go down with record-high inflation, record-high gas prices, supply chain strangulation, high crime, emptying storeshleves, first time in America food hortages, high taxes likely headed even higher, et cetera...

Happy Friday!
05-20-2022 04:44 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

The last monkeypox outbreak in the U.S. was in 2003 when 47 people had confirmed or probable cases. The illness was first identified by scientists in 1958 when there were two outbreaks of a “pox-like” disease in research monkeys — thus the name monkeypox. It is estimate there are thousands of monkeypox infections in about a dozen African countries every year. Most are in Congo, which reports about 6,000 cases annually, and Nigeria, with about 3,000 cases a year. The first known human infection was in 1970, in a 9-year-old boy in Africa – where the disease is now endemic.

Isolated cases of monkeypox are occasionally spotted outside Africa, including in the U.S. and Britain. The cases are typically associated with travel to Africa or contact with animals from areas where the disease is more common. Apparently there was some kind of gay fetish festival this year in Belgium, and, whaddayaknow, one of the "participants" had it already and spread it to other humans. So it appears a takeaway lesson is: don't go participate in gay festivals if you don't want to be at risk for monkeypox. But somehow, it seems likely the MSM narrative will seek to avoid this inconvenient fact.

edit: Also don't seem to remember any widespread news coverage of the 2003 US outbreak of monkeypox, nor the admonition from crazed "health officials" that everyone needs to 'mask up' and lockdowns would be 'necessary' along with thousands of un-monitored voting dropboxes 'needing' to be immediately made available, along with hundreds of millions of dollars of vaccines needing to be purchased by governments and given to everyone quickly without argument or debate. Funny how the US (and the rest of the world) somehow "survived" THAT outbreak of monkeypox, but of course our "leaders" now "know better", right?
05-22-2022 07:19 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
I think this thread title is overly broad. It needs to be broken into several sub-threads, each focusing on a different area of failure.
05-23-2022 06:36 AM
Advertisement

OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(05-20-2022 03:52 PM)mrbig Wrote:  Alternate headline ... despite 8 weeks of declines, the Dow still closed higher today than it closed at any time during the Trump presidency (thanks to a slight afternoon rally). And the Dow's high-water mark when Trump was President only occurred after the Dow rallied for a gain of more than 3,500 points between the 2020 election and Biden's inauguration.

Happy Friday!

You also forgot to mention the Dow was higher under Biden than ANY previous Republican president - all the way to the beginning of the Dow in the nineteenth century. (its called spin)

Was. The drop the last few months has been disastrous for me as a retiree. You and your wife have good jobs. Lucky you. But lots of Americans, working and nonworking, are being hurt. Time to celebrate the installation of a smiley guy who rarely insults people, and then usually only Republicans (the ultra MAGA crowd) who don't count anyway.

Next time you are driving into your airconditioned office, look ariund at all the blue collar workers driving old pick ups who are enjoying th high price of gasoline. Ask one of them what they think of Biden's War on Oil. Maybe advise them to buy an new electric vehicle to beat the cost of gas.

The Biden Economic Miracle is not fun for everyone.

Enjoyed talking to ya.

Happy Monday.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022 08:12 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
05-23-2022 06:49 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-20-2022 03:52 PM)mrbig Wrote:  But we all know you are a fair and impartial teller of truth, so I'm sure you were singing Biden's praises when the Dow increased from 31,188.38 on inauguration day (1/20/21) to 36,799.65 on 1/5/22, right? RIGHT?!?

Dow or no Dow, I will never sing Biden's praises because for my money he has no praises to sing. He is worthless and dishonest, has always been worthless and dishonest, and will probably continue to be worthless and dishonest as long as he lives. But I would take him 1000 times over Kamala the ****. He is merely worthless and dishonest. She totally lacks anything resembling a moral compass.

Those are, of course, opinions not facts, and I present them as such.
05-23-2022 07:40 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(05-23-2022 07:40 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(05-20-2022 03:52 PM)mrbig Wrote:  But we all know you are a fair and impartial teller of truth, so I'm sure you were singing Biden's praises when the Dow increased from 31,188.38 on inauguration day (1/20/21) to 36,799.65 on 1/5/22, right? RIGHT?!?

Dow or no Dow, I will never sing Biden's praises because for my money he has no praises to sing. He is worthless and dishonest, has always been worthless and dishonest, and will probably continue to be worthless and dishonest as long as he lives. But I would take him 1000 times over Kamala the ****. He is merely worthless and dishonest. She totally lacks anything resembling a moral compass.

Those are, of course, opinions not facts, and I present them as such.

The only reason anybody sings any praises is because he is a Democrat.
05-23-2022 07:47 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

Biden got off the leash, and said we would defend Taiwan. His horrified handlers quickly walked it back, telling us that what he said was not what he meant. China is not buying it.
05-23-2022 03:53 PM
Rice93 Online
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(05-23-2022 03:53 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Biden got off the leash, and said we would defend Taiwan. His horrified handlers quickly walked it back, telling us that what he said was not what he meant. China is not buying it.

Biden needs to go.
05-23-2022 04:56 PM
Advertisement

tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(05-23-2022 04:56 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(05-23-2022 03:53 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Biden got off the leash, and said we would defend Taiwan. His horrified handlers quickly walked it back, telling us that what he said was not what he meant. China is not buying it.

Biden needs to go.

Biden's sock puppet handlers need to go.
05-23-2022 05:11 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Biden needs to go.

Not as long as Kamala the **** is next in line.
05-23-2022 05:14 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(05-23-2022 05:14 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
Biden needs to go.

Not as long as Kamala the **** is next in line.

I am with Numbers on that. Not only do I have no confidence in Harris, it moves Pelosi one step closer to the Presidency. Keeping him is the lesser evil.

But yeah, he is a step down from his predecessor. Two steps behind and three down actually.

He will definitely be retired in 2024, whether he likes it or not.

Until then we will just have to put up with his incompetency. I wonder how the Democrats will solve the problem of nominating somebody else.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022 05:29 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
05-23-2022 05:25 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The question is, who decides if the President meant what he said? Is it one person, or does a committee vote on it? And is the same person the one who has to tell Biden what he thinks?
05-23-2022 06:55 PM
mrbig Offline
Heisman

(05-23-2022 06:49 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Next time you are driving into your airconditioned office, look ariund at all the blue collar workers driving old pick ups who are enjoying th high price of gasoline. Ask one of them what they think of Biden's War on Oil. Maybe advise them to buy an new electric vehicle to beat the cost of gas.

FWIW, I grew up in a trailer park and tell people "you can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the boy." My mom was the first person in her family to go to college. I did not live in a house that I or my family owned until my wife and I bought our first house right at the end of law/med school. I don't need to be lectured about blue collar workers. Just because I'm an attorney now doesn't mean I don't know what its like to live paycheck to paycheck. And realistically, many of those blue collar folks are not drastically affected by stock market changes. Inflation is obviously a different story in terms of how it affects the common man.

In other news, we had a pool built and it was finally ready for use last week COGS02-13-banana

(05-23-2022 06:49 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Happy Monday.

Happy Tuesday!
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022 10:10 AM by mrbig.)
05-24-2022 10:02 AM
Advertisement

RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
(05-24-2022 10:02 AM)mrbig Wrote:  
(05-23-2022 06:49 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Next time you are driving into your airconditioned office, look ariund at all the blue collar workers driving old pick ups who are enjoying th high price of gasoline. Ask one of them what they think of Biden's War on Oil. Maybe advise them to buy an new electric vehicle to beat the cost of gas.

FWIW, I grew up in a trailer park and tell people "you can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the boy." My mom was the first person in her family to go to college. I did not live in a house that I or my family owned until my wife and I bought our first house right at the end of law/med school. I don't need to be lectured about blue collar workers. Just because I'm an attorney now doesn't mean I don't know what its like to live paycheck to paycheck. And realistically, many of those blue collar folks are not drastically affected by stock market changes. Inflation is obviously a different story in terms of how it affects the common man.

In other news, we had a pool built and it was finally ready for use last week COGS02-13-banana

(05-23-2022 06:49 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Happy Monday.

Happy Tuesday!

The thing, too, is that I don't know many people who thought the stock market frothiness was real (same with current housing prices). A fall back felt inevitable, and was likely delayed due to the pandemic and the monetary policy from Trump/Biden that pumped cash into it.

We had meme stocks, tech sector valuations far exceeding reason, and so on. The rise in the stock market for years seemed detached from reality.

The question is going to be how deep and fundamental the downward trend is, and whether it bleeds into all sectors of the economy. Luckily, our country has a rather diverse economy that can likely weather the storm fairly well.

Inflation is also a global issue at the moment, so it'll be interesting to see if we can tame it here, or if our actions will be futile.

Same with oil and gas prices - it's not a uniquely American issue at the moment. But speaking as the guy who got some well-natured ribbing for driving his Prius to the construction site while a lot of the blue collar workers drove relatively new F-150s or other full-sized pick ups, the gas prices certainly hurt a bit, but not as much as it does for them.
05-24-2022 10:39 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

GASOLINE: $4.598 (2018: $2.74)

DIESEL: $5.571 (2018: $3.00)

MILK: $4.03 (2018: $2.45)

MEAN TWEETS: n/a (2018: $ !%#*%!!!)

(from elsewhere)
05-24-2022 10:53 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(05-24-2022 10:02 AM)mrbig Wrote:  

Well,, golly gee, Wally, I was talking about NOW, not then. But if you want to compare poverty bona fides, I grew up in varying levels of economic want myself. I also spent time in a trailer, albeit in a rural setting. I never lived in air conditioning until I was 21. Lived in rented, rural farmhouses or in the poorer areas of border towns. My Dad was born and raised in the poorest town on the Mexican border, abandoned by his father, went to work at age 9, and bootstrapped his way out of the lowest levels of poverty without government assistance. My mom was orphaned at 11.

So what does that have to do with the problems facing blue collar workers TODAY? We were talking about Biden's economy, and his policies, not Hoover's.

And of course, we were talking about inflation re: those blue collar workers, especially their gasoline costs, not their stock portfolios. You may have confused my personal complaints as a retiree, as I have watched five years worth of supporting-myself value disappear, raising the specter of outliving my funds. I am sure many other retirees have had similar experiences and worries. I know a couple.

Glad you got your new pool, as that provided income for a lot of blue collar workers. I have done the opposite, canceling some planned travel. Guess those airline workers, hotel workers, restaurant workers, and cabbies will have to do without my contributions.

Biden hopes the high price of oil will push people to alternatives like electric cars. he is doing little to help out the people most hurt by the cost of gas and the rising food costs. In fact, the entire Democratic Party is doing little to help the people most affected.

I guess we are back to selling Hope and Change.

BTW, glad to see ya again, Big. Hope all is well with you and your family.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022 11:37 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
05-24-2022 11:18 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

05-24-2022 11:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.