Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Biden wants war in Somalia
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-05-16/Bi...index.html

Biden's sending several hundred troops back into the Somalia quagmire.

That's just one of those non-strategic places we should stay out of. Just periodically bomb terrorist training camps.
05-16-2022 09:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Biden wants war in Somalia
He's desperate to say we are in a war so his poll numbers will rise and people wont be allowed to criticize him.....
05-16-2022 10:49 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
He just wants to expand the Family Business.
05-16-2022 10:53 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
As I said in another thread, the myth that Republicans are the war pig party is false.
05-16-2022 11:05 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Joe and Hunter were Rangers during the fight in Mogadishu and this is retribution.
05-16-2022 11:10 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(05-16-2022 09:51 AM)bullet Wrote:  https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-05-16/Bi...index.html

Biden's sending several hundred troops back into the Somalia quagmire.

That's just one of those non-strategic places we should stay out of. Just periodically bomb terrorist training camps.

Why on earth would we do that? There is not even a functioning government as we know it there. Im sure things are about to be miserable there as the food shortages ratchet up during the late summer and fall----but I would have thought we would have learned our lesson there in the 1990's. An army is not a pizza delivery service. Its a fighting force. Somalia is an awful largely lawless region. You can send food there---but there is no guarantee its going to get to the people who need it. The only way to fix that is to enforce a government by force of arms and America has frankly had enough of nation building. We are out of that business---or at least the public believes we should be.
05-16-2022 11:15 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
This is the Biden administration (not him specifically because he’s too dumb and old to remember where he woke up this morning), fishing for any success story they can to feed their media shrills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
05-16-2022 11:57 AM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(05-16-2022 11:05 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  As I said in another thread, the myth that Republicans are the war pig party is false.

Both parties love them some war. Both parties get massive campaign contributions from defense contractors.

Trump was really the only one that broke the chain of new/increased military engagements in the last 30ish years.
05-16-2022 12:28 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(05-16-2022 12:28 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(05-16-2022 11:05 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  As I said in another thread, the myth that Republicans are the war pig party is false.

Both parties love them some war. Both parties get massive campaign contributions from defense contractors.

Trump was really the only one that broke the chain of new/increased military engagements in the last 30ish years.

Agree both parties are hawkish. I should have clarified in my OP
05-16-2022 12:34 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-16-2022 12:34 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(05-16-2022 12:28 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
Agree both parties are hawkish. I should have clarified in my OP

And the hawks are very clearly weakening our military preparedness. We lose lives, limbs, and equipment in these no-win wars. We do not develop the skills necessary in a peer war situation, which should be our primary concern. Plinking goat herders riding pickups does not develop any war-prosecuting skill, and in fact dulls them.
05-16-2022 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.