RE: Saudi oil giant Aramco reports 82% rise in quarterly profits
Saudis saying what we're all saying... "What an idiot !!!"
05-16-2022 07:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Just amazing that a "demented house plant" can somehow control global demand and price for crude.

It's almost as if you don't guys don't have the first clue how any of this works. But that certainly can't be......right?

07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022 07:14 AM by Redwingtom.)
05-16-2022 07:14 AM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(05-16-2022 07:14 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Just amazing that a "demented house plant" can somehow control global demand and price for crude.

It's almost as if you don't guys don't have the first clue how any of this works. But that certainly can't be......right?

07-coffee3

Clearly you don't.

Maybe you could explain an insurance deductible while you're up there on your high horse.
05-16-2022 07:38 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-16-2022 07:38 AM)appst89 Wrote:  
(05-16-2022 07:14 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Just amazing that a "demented house plant" can somehow control global demand and price for crude.

07-coffee3

Clearly you don't.

Maybe you could explain an insurance deductible while you're up there on your high horse.

I did that like 5 years ago, dishonest troll junior. And like many things here, I can explain them, but I can't make you understand them. And it has nothing to do with a high horse, but rather intelligence, common sense, and facts. But you wouldn't know much about those.
05-16-2022 07:51 AM
Advertisement

bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Kill a pipeline where a ton of capital has already been invested, make it hard for oil companies to get access to capital, place onerous regulations on production, make it clear that your intentions are to move away from fossil fuels despite not having a viable alternative in place, and then feign surprise when prices sky rocket. Biden and democrats may not be totally to blame but they own the lion share for the current predicament.
05-16-2022 07:53 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-16-2022 07:53 AM)bearcat65 Wrote:  Kill a pipeline where a ton of capital has already been invested, make it hard for oil companies to get access to capital, place onerous regulations on production, make it clear that your intentions are to move away from fossil fuels despite not having a viable alternative in place, and then feign surprise when prices sky rocket. Biden and democrats may not be totally to blame but they own the lion share for the current predicament.

You are aware what a globe is, right?

Although you don't seem to be aware that this "pipeline" was years away and that current global production is perfectly capable of meeting current demand.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022 07:56 AM by Redwingtom.)
05-16-2022 07:55 AM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(05-16-2022 07:51 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Clearly you don't.

I did that like 5 years ago, dishonest troll junior. And like many things here, I can explain them, but I can't make you understand them. And it has nothing to do with a high horse, but rather intelligence, common sense, and facts. But you wouldn't know much about those.

03-lmfao
05-16-2022 08:00 AM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-16-2022 07:55 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(05-16-2022 07:53 AM)bearcat65 Wrote:  Kill a pipeline where a ton of capital has already been invested, make it hard for oil companies to get access to capital, place onerous regulations on production, make it clear that your intentions are to move away from fossil fuels despite not having a viable alternative in place, and then feign surprise when prices sky rocket. Biden and democrats may not be totally to blame but they own the lion share for the current predicament.

You are aware what a globe is, right?

Although you don't seem to be aware that this "pipeline" was years away and that current global production is perfectly capable of meeting current demand.

You are aware what an investment is right? You know what return on investment is? Do you think oil companies are going to be inclined to risk capital when they can have the rug pulled out from under them at the whim of a president? If you can't look at what we have done to ourselves in the name of clean energy and understand the impact it is having on prices then I'm not sure what to tell you.
You also seem ignorant of planning for down the road. Just because something doesn't have an immediate impact doesn't mean it shouldn't be done as we will be dependent of fossil fuel for years and part of the situation now is lack of foresight.
What Biden did accomplish was to make companies apprehensive about investing as he showed how little regard he had for their investment in the pipeline.
05-16-2022 08:10 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(05-16-2022 07:51 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Clearly you don't.

Tommy will wear his blinders just like the good donkey should. No matter how bad it gets with poverty and inflation Tommy will be there with his blinders on to tell you how you got it all wrong. Clueless
05-16-2022 08:14 AM
Advertisement

EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
There will never be any true energy independence without either (1) nationalizing oil or (2) investing heavy in nuclear power and developing Thorium plants. People like Mohammed bin Salman will always be a player in affecting how much we pay even if we don't buy for them.

As long as we have the tag team of the GOP establishment who protects global oil company profits and the Democrats who needlessly kill pipelines and promote renewable energy fantasies this won't get better.
05-16-2022 08:45 AM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -

07-coffee3

Believe me everyone on here understands it's more complicated than one person/nation.

Joey can be blamed for what's happened to oil/gas prices in America to a certain degree while if your a pus lib then you blame Trump for Cov-19 just not to a degree it's one man. He could have gas/oil prices down if he wasn't an idiot and you know it. If you want to argue green long term fine but at least be clear it will kill this nation in the short and mid term. I can also guarantee this country will be using fossil fuels far into the future and if not then our economic output will not be near what it should.

I know you don't understand markets. I can guarantee you don't, but yes you understand global markets are complicated. That's a start. Well there are also micro markets within the macro that follow different set of calculations/rules/etc. but anyway I don't want to write a book today.
05-16-2022 08:54 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

(05-16-2022 08:54 AM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Believe me everyone on here understands it's more complicated than one person/nation.

Joey can be blamed for what's happened to oil/gas prices in America to a certain degree while if your a pus lib then you blame Trump for Cov-19 just not to a degree it's one man. He could have gas/oil prices down if he wasn't an idiot and you know it. If you want to argue green long term fine but at least be clear it will kill this nation in the short and mid term. I can also guarantee this country will be using fossil fuels far into the future and if not then our economic output will not be near what it should.

I know you don't understand markets. I can guarantee you don't, but yes you understand global markets are complicated. That's a start. Well there are also micro markets within the macro that follow different set of calculations/rules/etc. but anyway I don't want to write a book today.

Either one of two things is going on with Red Tommy. A He is a dishonest lying Lackey or B He’s a fool that fails to see what is right in front of him. Donkey’s inability to drink after being led to water comes to mind.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022 09:03 AM by BlueDragon.)
05-16-2022 09:02 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
So. Will Aramco pay their "Fair Share"?
05-16-2022 09:21 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Shell also had record earnings.
05-16-2022 09:58 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-16-2022 09:02 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Either one of two things is going on with Red Tommy. A He is a dishonest lying Lackey or B He’s a fool that fails to see what is right in front of him. Donkey’s inability to drink after being led to water comes to mind.

Well, I sure know what's wrong with you. 03-lol

Your problem, simpleton, is that you are incapable of assessing the situation without your moronic political biases. Everyone knows that Biden policies have contributed to an increase in what we pay at the pump. The problem is that you can't articulate what the actual increase is without mindless drivel that blames him for all of it. You just ignore that every nation is experiencing the same problem, while yammering that removing a permit for a 10% completed pipeline that was already dormant due to a SCOTUS decision and myriad other environmental litigation and was years away from a minor amount of deliverable product somehow caused world gas prices to double...or whatever other idiotic reason your conflating here.

So yeah...I get it...it's a complicated issue. Clearly too complicated for you to wrap your mind around.
05-16-2022 11:04 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-16-2022 11:04 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  The problem is that you can't articulate what the actual increase is without mindless drivel that blames him for all of it. You just ignore that every nation is experiencing the same problem, while yammering that removing a permit for a 10% completed pipeline that was already dormant due to a SCOTUS decision and myriad other environmental litigation and was years away from a minor amount of deliverable product somehow caused world gas prices to double...or whatever other idiotic reason your conflating here.

I don't think anyone is saying that the pipeline cancellation alone caused prices to rise so precipitously. But that move, along with other Biden moves to restrict leasing and drilling, taken in the context of open admission by Biden that he intends to force the USA off fossil fuels, with no available viable option, are together clearly sufficient to cause the kinds of price increases we have seen.

We should be doing everything we can to find and develop alternatives at the same time as we take every measure that we can with existing technologies. Re-electrification of our rail system, powered by new nuclear plants, would be one such step.
05-16-2022 01:15 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

(05-16-2022 11:04 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Your problem, simpleton, is that you are incapable of assessing the situation without your moronic political biases. Everyone knows that Biden policies have contributed to an increase in what we pay at the pump. The problem is that you can't articulate what the actual increase is without mindless drivel that blames him for all of it. You just ignore that every nation is experiencing the same problem, while yammering that removing a permit for a 10% completed pipeline that was already dormant due to a SCOTUS decision and myriad other environmental litigation and was years away from a minor amount of deliverable product somehow caused world gas prices to double...or whatever other idiotic reason your conflating here.

So yeah...I get it...it's a complicated issue. Clearly too complicated for you to wrap your mind around.

Keep spewing this garbage even NBC is piling on. Face facts, your boy is a dedicated Swamp Creature hell bent on destroying the American way of life. 75% of Americans don’t wAnt him or his way of governance. Eat crow and stop spewing smoke screens. No one is buying what you are selling.
05-16-2022 01:22 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-16-2022 01:22 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  
(05-16-2022 11:04 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Keep spewing this garbage even NBC is piling on. Face facts, your boy is a dedicated Swamp Creature hell bent on destroying the American way of life. 75% of Americans don’t wAnt him or his way of governance. Eat crow and stop spewing smoke screens. No one is buying what you are selling.

As I was saying.....
05-16-2022 01:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.