Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Leaked Audio Shows Lindsey Graham Praising Biden Before Inauguration
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Leaked Audio Shows Lindsey Graham Praising Biden Before Inauguration
Quote:Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham was heard of tapes praising President Joe Biden during the incident at the Capitol last year.

In the tapes obtained by CNN Graham is heard praising the incoming president as he was in a secure location.

“’We will actually come out of this thing stronger. Moments like this reset,” he said in the audio aired by reporters Jonathan Martin and Alexander Burns.

“It’ll take a while. People will calm down. People will [say] ‘I don’t want to be associated with that.’ This is a group within a group. What this does, it’ll be a rallying effect for a while, where the country says, ‘We’re better than this,’” the South Carolina senator said.

Then he spoke about Biden, believing he would be a unifier for the nation.

“He’ll be maybe the best person to have, right? I mean, how mad can you get at Joe Biden?” he said.

The audio is talked about in a coming book penned by the two New York Times authors.

“You can almost hear his voice, Senator Graham, trying to play out what the impact of this attack, which as we talked was still ongoing as we spoke that afternoon on the 6th,” Martin said on “Anderson Cooper 360” on Tuesday.

“The Capitol police were still trying to clear the Capitol in those moments, Graham is thinking ahead, he is thinking about the political impact on his party and the impact on the country,” he said.

But the author said that President Biden has failed at being a unifier

“It, in fact, deepened the partisan divisions,” Martin said. “[Biden] is sort of one more partisan actor in the political scene in this tribal moment we’re living through in this country,” he said.

Link
05-11-2022 01:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Leaked Audio Shows Lindsey Graham Praising Biden Before Inauguration
So Biden had the chance to be a unifier but chose not to? So, what else is new?
05-11-2022 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Lindsey Graham and those like him is why we have Biden and why we'll be right back to the democrats doing what they want 4 to 6 years after the republicans take back both houses.

These people think you can play nice with the idiots and not fight back. They also think "their" ideal of America is what we want when in fact a lot of people hold their nose when voting republican and hope to see change. We wont see that change with career politicians running the country.
05-11-2022 06:45 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Graham served with him for what? 20 years? Its understandable they would like each other.
05-11-2022 08:00 PM
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(05-11-2022 08:00 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Graham served with him for what? 20 years? Its understandable they would like each other.
Teabaggin ********....

And not the tea party kind

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
05-11-2022 08:06 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Drain the swamp
05-11-2022 08:16 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(05-11-2022 08:06 PM)maximus Wrote:  
(05-11-2022 08:00 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Graham served with him for what? 20 years? Its understandable they would like each other.
Teabaggin ********....

Let's just say he uses more lip balm than Suzy Chapstick!
05-11-2022 08:31 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Graham was first elected to the Senate in 2002, replacing Strom Thurmond.

It is incredible to me, but he had no opposition seeking the GOP nomination that year. Since then, he was won 4 times (02, 08, 14, and 20), never breaking 60% statewide and only breaking 55% once. Politically, he has always been weak sauce. But he is blessed with campaign funds, seniority, and increasingly left-wing opponents who are simply unacceptable to most voters in South Carolina. That combination has kept him in office. His next go-around will be in 2026 — he will be 71. Hopefully his luck will run out by then. We’ll see.
05-11-2022 08:39 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
Teabaggin ********....

^^^

that's how you fk'n play the game with 'germs'...

SC needs to rethink their 'position'...

#eradicate
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2022 09:10 PM by stinkfist.)
05-11-2022 09:08 PM
stinkfist Online

(05-11-2022 08:39 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Graham was first elected to the Senate in 2002, replacing Strom Thurmond.

It is incredible to me, but he had no opposition seeking the GOP nomination that year. Since then, he was won 4 times (02, 08, 14, and 20), never breaking 60% statewide and only breaking 55% once. Politically, he has always been weak sauce. But he is blessed with campaign funds, seniority, and increasingly left-wing opponents who are simply unacceptable to most voters in South Carolina. That combination has kept him in office. His next go-around will be in 2026 — he will be 71. Hopefully his luck will run out by then. We’ll see.

why is it incredible when the ding dongs back the ding dongs?!

how/why/wtfe the rnc cannot find a more suitable replacement?! .... well, sir, I'm certain you understand where that lighthouse lands 'em...
05-11-2022 09:14 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-11-2022 09:08 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
Teabaggin ********....

^^^

#eradicate

The NDP leans on the SCDP to run offensive shills so they keep control of Graham. I'd bet the wad his PAC money from out of state dwarfs his money in state and that is the #1 symptom of a swamp critter. He, Ryan, Romney, & Sessions were all different shades of blue, just like the governor and staff in Georgia. Damn Dixiecrats cannot be trusted in any color!
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2022 09:16 PM by JRsec.)
05-11-2022 09:14 PM
stinkfist Online

(05-11-2022 09:14 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
Teabaggin ********....

^^^

#eradicate

The NDP leans on the SCDP to run offensive shills so they keep control of Graham. I'd bet the wad his PAC money from out of state dwarfs his money in state and that is the #1 symptom of a swamp critter. He, Ryan, Romney, & Sessions were all different shades of blue, just like the governor and staff in Georgia. Damn Dixiecrats cannot be trusted in any color!

#keyword

it's going to be vedddyyyyyyyyyy interesting how certain states 'slay to salvage' or 'succumb to the numbers o' ill' moving forward...
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2022 09:53 PM by stinkfist.)
05-11-2022 09:51 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-11-2022 09:51 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
Teabaggin ********....

^^^

#eradicate

#keyword

it's going to be vedddyyyyyyyyyy interesting how certain states 'slay to salvage' or 'succumb to the numbers o' ill' moving forward...

Durant is a plant for stealing an Alabama Senate seat. Georgia's GOP and DEM parties are rife with corporatists, leaches, shills, and mafioso. Kay Ivey is a Purple-ish GOP governor. Not a shill, just a good ole girl. She's okay for the state, not so much for national matters. It's a mess and voters now have to do their own digging. Nothing but lies on the tube!
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2022 10:01 PM by JRsec.)
05-11-2022 09:59 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

(05-11-2022 09:59 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-11-2022 08:06 PM)maximus Wrote:  Teabaggin ********....

^^^

#eradicate

#keyword

Durant is a plant for stealing an Alabama Senate seat. Georgia's GOP and DEM parties are rife with corporatists, leaches, shills, and mafioso. Kay Ivey is a Purple-ish GOP governor. Not a shill, just a good ole girl. She's okay for the state, not so much for national matters. It's a mess and voters now have to do their own digging. Nothing but lies on the tube!

overcoming bias is the most difficult of them all ... and I know how 'bammers operate...
05-11-2022 10:20 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-11-2022 10:20 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-11-2022 09:08 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  ^^^

#eradicate

#keyword

overcoming bias is the most difficult of them all ... and I know how 'bammers operate...

Not all of us are 'bammers, and how they operate depends on what part of the state you are from. At the time I left college no man or woman in my home county had ever been convicted of murder for shooting a spouse or lover caught in the act. Heck my barber, bus driver, and a local restaurant owner had all offed rivals in the kip. Wife and child beaters just disappeared. It was a different world and different time. What's more is everybody knew everyone else and I mean knew everything about 'em. When state elections were held and you owned a local business the candidates came in and asked for your vote or did so at your home. None of this crap could ever happen back then. Folks need to think hard about voting for someone you've never eyeballed!
05-11-2022 10:32 PM
stinkfist Online

(05-11-2022 10:32 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-11-2022 10:20 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-11-2022 09:14 PM)JRsec Wrote:  The NDP leans on the SCDP to run offensive shills so they keep control of Graham. I'd bet the wad his PAC money from out of state dwarfs his money in state and that is the #1 symptom of a swamp critter. He, Ryan, Romney, & Sessions were all different shades of blue, just like the governor and staff in Georgia. Damn Dixiecrats cannot be trusted in any color!

#keyword

Not all of us are 'bammers, and how they operate depends on what part of the state you are from. At the time I left college no man or woman in my home county had ever been convicted of murder for shooting a spouse or lover caught in the act. Heck my barber, bus driver, and a local restaurant owner had all offed rivals in the kip. Wife and child beaters just disappeared. It was a different world and different time. What's more is everybody knew everyone else and I mean knew everything about 'em. When state elections were held and you owned a local business the candidates came in and asked for your vote or did so at your home. None of this crap could ever happen back then. Folks need to think hard about voting for someone you've never eyeballed!

like the "'sip", "'bammers" is a love/hate term of endearment in my book ... e.g., the Dixie Mafia...

to your summation - #truismLivesMatter ... unfortunately, too many are incapable of understanding the real value 'hidden' in that statement...
05-12-2022 04:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.