Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Penske: Top 10 cities Americans moved to.
Tulsa Guy Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa
Penske: Top 10 cities Americans moved to.
Whether the large city metro area expansion AAC strategy works remains to be seen but AAC got the big metro areas correct it appears. Ditto for B12. Texas had 4 of the top 10. Based on Penske rental data, for whatever that's worth.

1. Houston (Rice)
2. Las Vegas
3. Phoenix
4. Charlotte (Charlotte)
5. Denver
6. San Antonio (UTSA)
7. Dallas (UNT)

8. Orlando
9. Austin
10. Chicago
05-10-2022 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Penske: Top 10 cities Americans moved to.
Interesting. The AAC correctly identified and grabbed (or retained a presence) in some key growing markets. Three of the 10 markets were options well outside the footprint. The others that were in the footprint---but not represented in the expansion----had no realistic D1 option that was viable at this time. NIU was the only viable option in one of the cities not picked---but Im not sure if they can realistically be expected to penetrate the Chicago market to any significant degree. Some might make the same point about Rice---but at least Rice is actually located in the city of Houston and has fairly well established name recognition there.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022 07:01 PM by Attackcoog.)
05-10-2022 07:00 PM
CLTPirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
Please nobody else move to Charlotte
05-10-2022 07:23 PM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(05-10-2022 06:52 PM)Tulsa Guy Wrote:  Whether the large city metro area expansion AAC strategy works remains to be seen but AAC got the big metro areas correct it appears. Ditto for B12. Texas had 4 of the top 10. Based on Penske rental data, for whatever that's worth.

1. Houston (Rice)
2. Las Vegas
3. Phoenix
4. Charlotte (Charlotte)
5. Denver
6. San Antonio (UTSA)
7. Dallas (UNT)

8. Orlando
9. Austin
10. Chicago

I would only consider Denver on that list.
05-10-2022 07:50 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(05-10-2022 07:50 PM)vick mike Wrote:  
(05-10-2022 06:52 PM)Tulsa Guy Wrote:  Whether the large city metro area expansion AAC strategy works remains to be seen but AAC got the big metro areas correct it appears. Ditto for B12. Texas had 4 of the top 10. Based on Penske rental data, for whatever that's worth.

1. Houston (Rice)
2. Las Vegas
3. Phoenix
4. Charlotte (Charlotte)
5. Denver
6. San Antonio (UTSA)
7. Dallas (UNT)

8. Orlando
9. Austin
10. Chicago

Funny, I had the same thought. In fact, there is nowhere on that list I want to live.

Actually, there is almost nowhere in the U.S. I want to live full time. Almost every place is either too hot in the summer, or has too much snow and ice in the winter.

So, I really need a summer home and a winter home, lol.

My top 5 summer homes:

1. Durango CO
2. Mackinac Island MI
3. Bar Harbor Maine
4. Bozeman MT
5. Estes Park CO

My top 5 winter homes:

1. Dripping Springs TX
2. Moab UT
3. Seaside FL
4. Monterey CA
5. Key West FL
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022 10:12 PM by TripleA.)
05-10-2022 10:11 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE

1. Houston (Rice)
2. Las Vegas
3. Phoenix
4. Charlotte (Charlotte)
5. Denver
6. San Antonio (UTSA)
7. Dallas (UNT)

8. Orlando
9. Austin
10. Chicago
https://tulsaworld.com/lifestyles/the-15...7b9.html#7

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
05-10-2022 10:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oasispirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
Raleigh must be #11
05-10-2022 10:46 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Surprised Miami or Fort Lauderdale didn’t make the list. I don’t think we have a lot of Penske down here. It’s mainly Ryder Trucks.
05-11-2022 12:54 AM
PirateJP Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU; Charlotte
The problem is people moving to these cities usually have favorite teams already.
05-11-2022 01:06 AM
colohank Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
(05-10-2022 10:11 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

1. Houston (Rice)
2. Las Vegas
3. Phoenix
4. Charlotte (Charlotte)
5. Denver
6. San Antonio (UTSA)
7. Dallas (UNT)

8. Orlando
9. Austin
10. Chicago

Funny, I had the same thought. In fact, there is nowhere on that list I want to live.

Actually, there is almost nowhere in the U.S. I want to live full time. Almost every place is either too hot in the summer, or has too much snow and ice in the winter.

My top 5 summer homes:

1. Durango CO
2. Mackinac Island MI
3. Bar Harbor Maine
4. Bozeman MT
5. Estes Park CO

My top 5 winter homes:

1. Dripping Springs TX
2. Moab UT
3. Seaside FL
4. Monterey CA
5. Key West FL

Moab as a winter retirement destination? I suspect you'd like the one of the communities in western Colorado's Grand Valley a lot more. Grand Junction, Fruita, and Palisade combine to offer all of the recreational amenities of Moab, plus far more competent and comprehensive medical facilities, better shopping (it's where Moabites come to shop), a larger variety of brew-pubs and eateries, a regional airport and passenger rail service, a ski area, a vibrant and growing university, more varied entertainment venues, and less congestion.

That said, if you absolutely must visit Moab, it's only a 90-minute drive.
05-11-2022 09:50 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-11-2022 01:06 AM)PirateJP Wrote:  The problem is people moving to these cities usually have favorite teams already.

clt says this is an advantage as well. Lots of Navy folks in the Charlotte area for example.
05-11-2022 10:34 AM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(05-11-2022 09:50 AM)colohank Wrote:  

1. Houston (Rice)
2. Las Vegas
3. Phoenix
4. Charlotte (Charlotte)
5. Denver
6. San Antonio (UTSA)
7. Dallas (UNT)

8. Orlando
9. Austin
10. Chicago

My top 5 summer homes:

1. Durango CO
2. Mackinac Island MI
3. Bar Harbor Maine
4. Bozeman MT
5. Estes Park CO

My top 5 winter homes:

1. Dripping Springs TX
2. Moab UT
3. Seaside FL
4. Monterey CA
5. Key West FL

Moab as a winter retirement destination? I suspect you'd like the one of the communities in western Colorado's Grand Valley a lot more. Grand Junction, Fruita, and Palisade combine to offer all of the recreational amenities of Moab, plus far more competent and comprehensive medical facilities, better shopping (it's where Moabites come to shop), a larger variety of brew-pubs and eateries, a regional airport and passenger rail service, a ski area, a vibrant and growing university, more varied entertainment venues, and less congestion.

Well, not having visited either, you are probably right, since you live in Colorado. I was merely going by weather and outdoor activities. I've visited the rest on my list except Moab, Durango and Mackinac Island.

But I plan to visit both Moab and Grand Junction next April, and Mackinac Island the following year.

So how would you compare Grand Junction to Durango, which I actually have at the top of my list, but haven't been able to make it there yet?

I'm not really intending to move to any of them, but do plan to visit the ones that I've missed so far.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2022 11:16 AM by TripleA.)
05-11-2022 11:12 AM
Doesntmatter Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: AAC
April is an iffy month for Colorado weather. I live in Pagosa Springs (paradise for outdoor activity) and we head to Durango when we need the "big city" experience. ? Durango is great too. Our son lives in Telluride (unique and beautiful but expensive). The San Juan Mountain region is the best in Colorado for unspoiled outdoor adventure.
05-11-2022 11:37 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(05-11-2022 11:37 AM)Doesntmatter Wrote:  April is an iffy month for Colorado weather. I live in Pagosa Springs (paradise for outdoor activity) and we head to Durango when we need the "big city" experience. ? Durango is great too. Our son lives in Telluride (unique and beautiful but expensive). The San Juan Mountain region is the best in Colorado for unspoiled outdoor adventure.

Well, Colorado is coincidental to my trip, which is to the Grand Canyon and Utah's Mighty Five. Any later there, and it gets too crowded and too hot. Any earlier, and it's potentially even worse weather.

Colorado is simply a path to get home, although a beautiful one. But if it weren't for family ties in the south, I would mostly likely end up out there somewhere.
05-11-2022 11:48 AM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC
Chicago <3
05-11-2022 12:08 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

1. Houston (Rice)
2. Las Vegas
3. Phoenix
4. Charlotte (Charlotte)
5. Denver
6. San Antonio (UTSA)
7. Dallas (UNT)

8. Orlando
9. Austin
10. Chicago

I like Denver too but I wouldn't want to live there. I always considered retiring in Charlotte but man the road infrastructure isn't fit to sustain the population growth of the city. Austin is awesome but expensive as heck. Love Phoenix but it gets too damn hot there.

I'm still considering moving to Tampa because I like the vibe of the city. If I could afford it my ultimate city of choice to live in until I died would be San Diego.
05-11-2022 12:09 PM
Advertisement

b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
(05-11-2022 10:34 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  
(05-11-2022 01:06 AM)PirateJP Wrote:  The problem is people moving to these cities usually have favorite teams already.

clt says this is an advantage as well. Lots of Navy folks in the Charlotte area for example.

03-lmfao what?
05-11-2022 12:15 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-11-2022 12:15 PM)b2b Wrote:  
(05-11-2022 10:34 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  

03-lmfao what?

clt says the Navy fans can attend Navy v Charlotte games in Charlotte. You will find more fans in larger metros.
05-11-2022 12:55 PM
colohank Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
(05-11-2022 11:12 AM)TripleA Wrote:  

1. Houston (Rice)
2. Las Vegas
3. Phoenix
4. Charlotte (Charlotte)
5. Denver
6. San Antonio (UTSA)
7. Dallas (UNT)

8. Orlando
9. Austin
10. Chicago

My top 5 summer homes:

1. Durango CO
2. Mackinac Island MI
3. Bar Harbor Maine
4. Bozeman MT
5. Estes Park CO

My top 5 winter homes:

1. Dripping Springs TX
2. Moab UT
3. Seaside FL
4. Monterey CA
5. Key West FL

Well, not having visited either, you are probably right, since you live in Colorado. I was merely going by weather and outdoor activities. I've visited the rest on my list except Moab, Durango and Mackinac Island.

But I plan to visit both Moab and Grand Junction next April, and Mackinac Island the following year.

So how would you compare Grand Junction to Durango, which I actually have at the top of my list, but haven't been able to make it there yet?

I'm not really intending to move to any of them, but do plan to visit the ones that I've missed so far.

Durango is nice, but hemmed in by higher terrain. Thus, its layout is somewhat narrow and linear, and, like Moab, much of its traffic is funneled through one very congested thoroughfare. Though also bounded by surrounding uplands (the Book Cliffs to the north, Colorado National Monument to the south, and the Grand Mesa to the east), the Grand Valley is wider, so GJ has a more open, spacious feel. Grand Junction and its satellite communities are also more accessible to the rest of the world, and together, they offer a greater variety of services, amenities, and recreational opportunities than Durango. Check the areas out on Google Earth.

Grand Junction is four-hour drive from Denver and a five-hour drive from Salt Lake City. The nearest metro to Durango is Albuquerque, about a 4.5-hour drive. Durango to Denver? Forget it.

If you come here and plan to visit both GJ and Moab, be sure to include Utah Hwy. 128 between Cisco and Moab on your route. It runs along the Colorado River and offers spectacular and iconic western views.
05-11-2022 03:04 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(05-11-2022 03:04 PM)colohank Wrote:  
(05-11-2022 11:12 AM)TripleA Wrote:  
(05-10-2022 07:50 PM)vick mike Wrote:  I would only consider Denver on that list.

My top 5 summer homes:

1. Durango CO
2. Mackinac Island MI
3. Bar Harbor Maine
4. Bozeman MT
5. Estes Park CO

My top 5 winter homes:

1. Dripping Springs TX
2. Moab UT
3. Seaside FL
4. Monterey CA
5. Key West FL

Durango is nice, but hemmed in by higher terrain. Thus, its layout is somewhat narrow and linear, and, like Moab, much of its traffic is funneled through one very congested thoroughfare. Though also bounded by surrounding uplands (the Book Cliffs to the north, Colorado National Monument to the south, and the Grand Mesa to the east), the Grand Valley is wider, so GJ has a more open, spacious feel. Grand Junction and its satellite communities are also more accessible to the rest of the world, and together, they offer a greater variety of services, amenities, and recreational opportunities than Durango. Check the areas out on Google Earth.

Grand Junction is four-hour drive from Denver and a five-hour drive from Salt Lake City. The nearest metro to Durango is Albuquerque, about a 4.5-hour drive. Durango to Denver? Forget it.

If you come here and plan to visit both GJ and Moab, be sure to include Utah Hwy. 128 between Cisco and Moab on your route. It runs along the Colorado River and offers spectacular and iconic western views.

Yep to U-128. Already on our agenda. When we leave Moab, we're headed up U-128, and will have lunch at Red Cliffs Lodge, then spend the night in Palisade at one of the Harvest Host wineries there.

From there next day, we're headed to Vail for lunch, then down to Twin Lakes to overnight at Tenderfoot Farm.

Next day to Manitou Springs to ride the Pikes Peak Cog Railway, see a few other sights in CO Springs, and overnight at Smiling Toad Brewery.

Up the next day toward Dodge City KS, so that's the end of our Colorado trek. Looking forward to it.
05-11-2022 03:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.