WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

COVID and Northern Michigan
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
COVID and Northern Michigan
Two years ago, when the Pandemic first hit our state, one of our esteemed posters (can't remember who) claimed in no uncertain terms it would be a Metro Detroit problem and never get to rural areas such as Northern Lower.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/20...-says.html
05-06-2022 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

okgc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: COVID and Northern Michigan
Traverse City is hardly rural anymore.
05-06-2022 02:30 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-06-2022 02:30 PM)okgc Wrote:  Traverse City is hardly rural anymore.

True.

But point is COVID has been up there for over a year including the rural areas.

Even a city like TC in Northern Lower couldn't avoid it.
05-06-2022 02:36 PM
Advertisement

GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

Lol. Click on the map. Nearly every county in Michigan is roughly the same. Wayne counties #s are actually worse than grand traverse. In other words another nothing burger story put out by the fear mongering media.
05-06-2022 04:04 PM
AllBronco Offline
Special Teams

Moderna 1 & 2
Moderna Booster
Pfizer Booster
All 4 lines now full on my Covd Card.

Plan to get Omicron BA2 specific vaccine before football season if available.
Wish everyone would realize how simple, safe, and convenient it is. Just walk into any Walgreen, or CVS and walk out feeling a little more safe. It’s a good feeling and no side effects.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2022 05:05 PM by AllBronco.)
05-06-2022 05:04 PM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

05-13-2022 01:34 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Interesting thing to me is Grand Traverse County and Washtenaw County, the two counties with the highest vaccination rates in the state, are both seeing high rates of infection currently.

Of course vaccination doesn't prevent infection, it only reduces the likelihood of having to be hospitalized.
05-13-2022 10:48 PM
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-06-2022 05:04 PM)AllBronco Wrote:  Moderna 1 & 2
Moderna Booster
Pfizer Booster
All 4 lines now full on my Covd Card.

Plan to get Omicron BA2 specific vaccine before football season if available.
Wish everyone would realize how simple, safe, and convenient it is. Just walk into any Walgreen, or CVS and walk out feeling a little more safe. It’s a good feeling and no side effects.

We're going to get our second Pfizer booster at Walgreens soon.

I've been holding out hoping Novavax would be approved by the FDA. It's a more conventional vaccine than the mRNA vaccines, I wanted to try that this time. So far no approval, though they said sometime in May.

We did experience mild side effects with the Pfizer series-low grade fever, headache. That's about it.
05-13-2022 10:51 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-06-2022 04:04 PM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  Lol. Click on the map. Nearly every county in Michigan is roughly the same. Wayne counties #s are actually worse than grand traverse. In other words another nothing burger story put out by the fear mongering media.

Grand Traverse County is rated high right now because Hospital Admissions for COVID are high-12.1 persons for every 100,000 persons. Yes, Wayne county has a higher rate of infections, but not of admissions-they're only showing 9.6 persons admitted for every 100,000 persons.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2022 10:55 PM by BroncoPhilly.)
05-13-2022 10:55 PM
Advertisement

GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(05-13-2022 10:55 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
(05-06-2022 04:04 PM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  Lol. Click on the map. Nearly every county in Michigan is roughly the same. Wayne counties #s are actually worse than grand traverse. In other words another nothing burger story put out by the fear mongering media.

Grand Traverse County is rated high right now because Hospital Admissions for COVID are high-12.1 persons for every 100,000 persons. Yes, Wayne county has a higher rate of infections, but not of admissions-they're only showing 9.6 persons admitted for every 100,000 persons.

So 12 out of 100,000 is "high", but 10 out of 100,000 is not. Gotcha. Grand Traverse has a population of about 90,000 people, so what is that 10 or 11 people in the hospital WITH COVID in the whole county?

Keep in mind these stats have always included people admitted with COVID, not from COVID.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2022 05:59 AM by GRBRONCO.)
05-14-2022 05:43 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-14-2022 05:43 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  
(05-13-2022 10:55 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  

So 12 out of 100,000 is "high", but 10 out of 100,000 is not. Gotcha. Grand Traverse has a population of about 90,000 people, so what is that 10 or 11 people in the hospital WITH COVID in the whole county?

Keep in mind these stats have always included people admitted with COVID, not from COVID.

They have to draw the line somewhere between medium risk and high risk, so they apparently draw it at > 10 admissions out of 100,000 people. Since Grand Traverse County has previously had very low rates of hospital admissions for COVID it's prudent to now categorize their 12.1 as 'High'.

As for folks being admitted 'with' as opposed to 'because', I think that's a dodge. If you're suggesting people are being put into ICU because of a stroke, heart attack, cancer or whatever and being categorized as 'COVID' simply because they show positive on the blood test, that's just not the case. Hospitals are not in on any conspiracy, they have no reason to mislead anybody with their statistics. If someone is categorized as 'in ICU due to COVID' you can take it to the bank that 99.99% of them are there primarily for that reason.

I am a genuine conservative, but I don't buy into this idea that COVID is a vast hoax intended for political purposes. I know 3 people who died of COVID and several who almost died-and many who have long term disabilities because of COVID-it's absolutely a genuine pandemic. I don't disagree that it's been used politically by some people but that always happens, there are always politicians who take advantage of every emergency. Doesn't diminish the reality of the pandemic.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2022 12:39 PM by BroncoPhilly.)
05-14-2022 12:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.