Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This Board is Dead
Bookmark and Share
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
This Board is Dead
This used to be a good place to talk about CUSA sports. Now it is just dead. Maybe that is by design. Oh well, doesn't matter.
04-30-2022 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUApollo Online

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
RE: This Board is Dead
(04-30-2022 11:09 AM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  This used to be a good place to talk about CUSA sports. Now it is just dead. Maybe that is by design. Oh well, doesn't matter.

You are correct. Multiple things happening...2/3 of our schools' fans have migrated to their new conference boards. Of the remaining 5, some never had many fans here to start with (FIU) and then we have only had a spattering of fans from the new 4 adds but they're still over a year away from joining the conference. Lastly, it's the off-season and all boards have a significant reduction in posts this time of year.

I do think the AA6 fans will return in some numbers as we approach football season, especially when conference games start. There's just not a lot to talk about right now that hasn't already been hashed and rehashed for months.
04-30-2022 11:25 AM
topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
It's the off season and last year during the off season we had conference realignment to discuss that is largely over (for now).
04-30-2022 11:42 AM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
This is mainly the result of it being the offseason. The board will be much closer to normal during the football and basketball seasons. Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of college baseball fans that visit this board.
04-30-2022 12:44 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
I think most of us are just sitting here watching the portal numbers skyrocket and not knowing anything about what our teams are going to look like in the fall. It's impossible to even speculate.
04-30-2022 12:51 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(04-30-2022 12:51 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  I think most of us are just sitting here watching the portal numbers skyrocket and not knowing anything about what our teams are going to look like in the fall. It's impossible to even speculate.

I feel very confident that we will be a middle of the road fringe bowl team because Rick is still in charge…
04-30-2022 01:14 PM
Advertisement

JSUCleburneslim Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Jax State
(04-30-2022 12:51 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  I think most of us are just sitting here watching the portal numbers skyrocket and not knowing anything about what our teams are going to look like in the fall. It's impossible to even speculate.

Definitely it’s like reshuffling the deck every year. It’s now near impossible to build or develop a team.
04-30-2022 01:50 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
The dead season is here. By the end of May or first of June the football tv lineup should be out and we can *****, moan or brag about that for a while. Then football practice starts in August and we will have another source for conversation. Personally I'm looking forward to who we replace NMSU with for OOC in 2023 and beyond. Also the new look for division 1 should done by August 1st. So lots coming up in a few weeks. Oh yeah, will UTEP have more than the currently known 8 players on our basketball team next season?
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2022 02:01 PM by MinerInWisconsin.)
04-30-2022 01:59 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

We’ve had 8 threads responded to today. I would say that’s hardly dead for the slow portion of the year.
04-30-2022 02:14 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
This Board is Dead
Rice scores 10 runs in the bottom of the third, might actually win a game against WKU who came in to the weekend tied for last place with us and the aforementioned FIU!

Somebody’s Gotta Win!

Go Sports!
04-30-2022 04:35 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
Eye knot dead just sleeping
04-30-2022 05:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUApollo Online

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(04-30-2022 05:41 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  Eye knot dead just sleeping

Haha...well, Liberty has been referred to as a Sleeping Giant before.

Are the sleepy Liberty faithful happy about the move to CUSA?
04-30-2022 05:47 PM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty, Army
I think the whole committee meetings are pausing the entire college sports world. There's just a lack of activity. No game times announced, no new games being scheduled....just very blah.
04-30-2022 11:30 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
What everybody else is saying, it's dead season unless you're into the portal madness or baseball.
05-01-2022 07:48 AM
RobtheAggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
As an NMSU fan, I am waiting to move over with the team. I imagine that most of the Aggie fans will come over around the same time.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2022 12:04 PM by RobtheAggie.)
05-01-2022 12:04 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
(04-30-2022 11:09 AM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  This used to be a good place to talk about CUSA sports. Now it is just dead. Maybe that is by design. Oh well, doesn't matter.

Yes, it is dead. Of course it's the off-season, but there are other factors too. The SB3 migrated to the Belt board. The AAC6 are splitting time between here and the AAC board. And, some relevant topics get moved over to our realignment board (where they die).
05-01-2022 01:39 PM
Advertisement

dawgonit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
I say let's combine the AAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt boards all into one board for the offseason. Think of all the chaos. Think of all the bans. The entertainment would be wonderful.
05-01-2022 01:44 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Nothing really going on until fall practice starts up. Most boards go dead.
05-01-2022 02:55 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
This Board is Dead
(05-01-2022 01:44 PM)dawgonit Wrote:  I say let's combine the AAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt boards all into one board for the offseason. Think of all the chaos. Think of all the bans. The entertainment would be wonderful.

That might be a little much… but do you know what I do wish they would combine?

Combine all the G5 for a dedicated SiriusXM channel to match the five P5 channels.

Of course Aresco would never go for it (“P6” and all that bizz), but if they did that I’d listen all day every day.
05-01-2022 03:54 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2022 03:54 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(05-01-2022 01:44 PM)dawgonit Wrote:  I say let's combine the AAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt boards all into one board for the offseason. Think of all the chaos. Think of all the bans. The entertainment would be wonderful.

That might be a little much… but do you know what I do wish they would combine?

Combine all the G5 for a dedicated SiriusXM channel to match the five P5 channels.

Of course Aresco would never go for it (“P6” and all that bizz), but if they did that I’d listen all day every day.

That’s actually a really good idea. I’ve been contemplating buying SiriusXM but that would likely push me over the top to move forward with it.
05-01-2022 05:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.