04-28-2022 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
RE: UAB WBB Lands Transfers Sara and Tracey Bershers
Norton has taken lessons from the Portal Master.
04-28-2022 03:01 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Good news. I had to look it up, but UTRGV stands for University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.

I think the lady blazers are going to contend for the CUSA title next year, this has to be the best recruiting class we have ever had.
04-28-2022 03:10 PM
1BLZR1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB
By my math, we’ve signed two more players than we lost from last season’s team. Five graduated/transferred and seven have signed. It looks like two more will be leaving to set us at 15 players. My guess is the two who have battled major knee problems the last few years.
These seven newcomers look like a talented class. I’m eager to get a peek at them.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022 06:36 PM by 1BLZR1.)
04-28-2022 04:36 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Is it sad that I know who UTRGV is and I’ve seen their mens team play on tv more than once? Trivia they used to be UT Pam American. I watch too much basketball.
04-28-2022 07:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

(04-28-2022 04:36 PM)1BLZR1 Wrote:  By my math, we’ve signed two more players than we lost from last season’s team. Five graduated/transferred and seven have signed. It looks like two more will be leaving to set us at 15 players. My guess is the two who have battled major knee problems the last few years.
These seven newcomers look like a talented class. I’m eager to get a peek at them.

IIRC we had/have 1 young lady whose career came to an end due to injury. In that instance I do not think she counts toward the scholarship count.
04-28-2022 09:44 PM
1BLZR1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-28-2022 09:44 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  
(04-28-2022 04:36 PM)1BLZR1 Wrote:  By my math, we’ve signed two more players than we lost from last season’s team. Five graduated/transferred and seven have signed. It looks like two more will be leaving to set us at 15 players. My guess is the two who have battled major knee problems the last few years.

IIRC we had/have 1 young lady whose career came to an end due to injury. In that instance I do not think she counts toward the scholarship count.

You’re right: that young lady didn’t count against the scholarship limit when she stopped playing a year or two ago. She became a student assistant. Even without her (in fact, she graduated this week), we still seem to have 17 players on scholarship.

Of our players who have battled knee injuries, we’ve got:
(1) A guard who came back this past season after major knee operations the two straight years.
(2) A post who had major knee surgery, came back this season but finished the year in street clothes.
(3) A grad transfer who fell to injury and had major knee surgery in last year’s preseason.
(4) A guard/forward who started 20 games last season, finished really strong, but is now on crutches.

Of those four, only the third and fourth ones were in the recent video of the players touring the new practice facility. Make of those tea leaves what you will. lol

I love signing new talent and hate losing folks to injury, but it looks like our locker room is overflowing at the moment.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2022 06:58 PM by 1BLZR1.)
04-29-2022 02:29 PM
linus Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Pan American had a couple of really good mens coaches-Abe Lemmons and Lon Kruger
05-13-2022 12:57 PM
1BLZR1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I found out tonight that the two players who had battled through two knee surgeries each the past few years — Audrey Jordan and Jasmine Gracie — have left the team. With the three graduations from last year’s team, the two players who left for Division II programs and these two injury retirements, UAB now has 15 on scholarship. Next season’s team will include eight returnees and seven talented newcomers. I’m super encouraged about next season. 04-rock
05-17-2022 09:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.