Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is the scuttlebutt regarding a TV deal with the new Big XII?
Bookmark and Share
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
What is the scuttlebutt regarding a TV deal with the new Big XII?
I know you guys are still a couple of years away from negotiating a new deal unless Texas and OU leaves early. But is there any talk about potential new numbers regarding payout per program or anything?
04-27-2022 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
RE: What is the scuttlebutt regarding a TV deal with the new Big XII?
From what I’ve seen it should be in the $25-30M range per school.
04-27-2022 05:48 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I think it would benefit the new Big XII members if Texas and OU stays until the completion of the current TV deal. I think the new teams are already bringing a lot to the table but to also have a shot at beating OU and Texas and winning would only help negotiating an even bigger TV deal for the Big XII.
04-27-2022 06:07 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
(04-27-2022 06:07 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  I think it would benefit the new Big XII members if Texas and OU stays until the completion of the current TV deal. I think the new teams are already bringing a lot to the table but to also have a shot at beating OU and Texas and winning would only help negotiating an even bigger TV deal for the Big XII.

Completely agree, getting the tv numbers with the new programs vs Texas/OU will boost viewership metrics.

It should be interesting with all the different tv partners involved. Depending on which tv partners gets the PAC deal, it may influence a future realignment scenario for Big 12.
04-28-2022 12:26 AM
Once a Knight... Offline
Special Teams

(04-27-2022 06:07 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  I think it would benefit the new Big XII members if Texas and OU stays until the completion of the current TV deal. I think the new teams are already bringing a lot to the table but to also have a shot at beating OU and Texas and winning would only help negotiating an even bigger TV deal for the Big XII.
Yep exactly, if the new members could get some W's vs OU and/or Texas it could lead some credence to their additions and strengthen/stabilize the conference moving forward. Competitively Texas has been a shell of itself for a long time so their recent on-field performance should be easily replaced or improved upon. The real one that I'm sure hurts perception wise of course is OU. The Red River Rivalry is obviously going to be missed from a TV standpoint but maybe some decent out of conference rivalries can still happen or be restored... (ie. Holy War, Bedlam, Backyard Brawl, War on I-4, maybe even Border War - KU vs Mizzou, etc.)

Sent from my LM-G820 using CSNbbs mobile app
04-28-2022 10:52 AM
Bobcats2011 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TXST / SMU / All of TX
(04-28-2022 10:52 AM)Once a Knight... Wrote:  
Yep exactly, if the new members could get some W's vs OU and/or Texas it could lead some credence to their additions and strengthen/stabilize the conference moving forward. Competitively Texas has been a shell of itself for a long time so their recent on-field performance should be easily replaced or improved upon. The real one that I'm sure hurts perception wise of course is OU. The Red River Rivalry is obviously going to be missed from a TV standpoint but maybe some decent out of conference rivalries can still happen or be restored... (ie. Holy War, Bedlam, Backyard Brawl, War on I-4, maybe even Border War - KU vs Mizzou, etc.)

Hopefully SMU can keep their upward progress going, maybe win some AAC championships and keep the battle for the Iron Skillet and interesting rivalry game.
Hopefully Tech’s new coach keeps good recruiting up and develops them to get the battle for Chancellor’s Spurs to be a close OOC rivalry game since UT and Tech are saying they are going to agree to a 25 year HH deal.
Need to get TECH and A&M back on the schedule as well.
Maybe UH and A&M can agree to some 1 year neutral site games at NRG.
04-28-2022 11:09 AM
Advertisement

Bobcats2011 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TXST / SMU / All of TX
Exploring an OOC scheduling agreement with the SEC would help as well. Could force UF to a home and home with UCF in that scenario
04-28-2022 11:13 AM
Once a Knight... Offline
Special Teams

(04-28-2022 11:09 AM)Bobcats2011 Wrote:  
(04-28-2022 10:52 AM)Once a Knight... Wrote:  

Hopefully SMU can keep their upward progress going, maybe win some AAC championships and keep the battle for the Iron Skillet and interesting rivalry game.
Hopefully Tech’s new coach keeps good recruiting up and develops them to get the battle for Chancellor’s Spurs to be a close OOC rivalry game since UT and Tech are saying they are going to agree to a 25 year HH deal.
Need to get TECH and A&M back on the schedule as well.
Maybe UH and A&M can agree to some 1 year neutral site games at NRG.
Another good one, almost forgot, haha. SMU vs TCU should continue.

04-28-2022 11:51 AM
Once a Knight... Offline
Special Teams

(04-28-2022 11:13 AM)Bobcats2011 Wrote:  Exploring an OOC scheduling agreement with the SEC would help as well. Could force UF to a home and home with UCF in that scenario
Man UF would veto the hell out of that. I could see a scheduling agreement but it wouldn't be UCF vs UF, lol. Probably more like UCF vs South Carolina. For fun though what would be the good SEC vs B12 matchups. I'm pretty sure the former B12 schools wouldn't necessarily want to do this. Some might however.

This might warrant it's own thread, haha.

In a perfect world these are no brainers...

OSU vs OSU (Bedlam)
KU vs Mizzou (Border War)
Texas Tech vs Texas (SWC)
Houston vs LSU (Bayou Battle)
Baylor vs TAMU (SWC)
TCU vs Arkansas (SWC)
UCF vs Florida (Turnpike Tussle)
Cincinnati vs Kentucky (Battle for Northern Kentucky)
WVU vs Tennessee (Hillbilly Hell)

After that it becomes less clear...

Iowa St vs Mississippi St
Kansas vs Ole Miss
Kansas St vs Auburn
BYU vs Vanderbilt

Obviously unless the B12 gets more members they are 4 teams short for this matchup...

Potential expansion matchups...

Memphis vs Ole Miss
Memphis vs Tennessee

USF vs Georgia
USF vs South Carolina

04-28-2022 12:13 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
1 MILLION $$$$$

03-cloud9 04-cheers 03-cloud9 04-cheers 03-cloud9
04-29-2022 07:59 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(04-29-2022 07:59 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  1 MILLION $$$$$

03-cloud9 04-cheers 03-cloud9 04-cheers 03-cloud9

Just heard an update, due to inflation new deal will be worth 1.56 over the above estimate.
05-01-2022 11:47 AM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
ESPN's Rece Davis already starting the non-P5 narrative for new Big 12 so the value of the conf will drop and ESPN can save $20-$40 Million off the next TV Deal since the network "says" its not really a P5 Conf.

Big 12 needs FOX, Amazon, Turner and even NBC to get involved to have a share of the next deal to help maximize revenue for the conf. (ESPN should be there too, hopefully, but they would like to save $$$ by damaging the brand BEFORE signing the next deal).
05-01-2022 12:05 PM
CYOWA Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Iowa State
(05-01-2022 12:05 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  ESPN's Rece Davis already starting the non-P5 narrative for new Big 12 so the value of the conf will drop and ESPN can save $20-$40 Million off the next TV Deal since the network "says" its not really a P5 Conf.

Big 12 needs FOX, Amazon, Turner and even NBC to get involved to have a share of the next deal to help maximize revenue for the conf. (ESPN should be there too, hopefully, but they would like to save $$$ by damaging the brand BEFORE signing the next deal).

Is CBS off the table? Disney/ESPN/ABC has screwed us both; let's go to war together. That'd be my pitch. We should also be willing schedule Thursday & Friday night games for their sports-dedicated cable channel and Paramount+.
05-02-2022 02:55 PM
CatsClaw1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
(04-27-2022 05:48 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  From what I’ve seen it should be in the $25-30M range per school.

That's what Kansas State's AD has hinted at, that it won't be far off the current deal.
05-02-2022 08:02 PM
CatsClaw1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
(05-01-2022 12:05 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  ESPN's Rece Davis already starting the non-P5 narrative for new Big 12 so the value of the conf will drop and ESPN can save $20-$40 Million off the next TV Deal since the network "says" its not really a P5 Conf.

Rece Davis is an ESPN mouthpiece but the majority of the mouthpieces have praised the Big 12 as a legitimate P5 conference. ESPN knows that they are at risk of losing Big 12 content, particularly basketball, as well as the digital rights.
05-02-2022 08:05 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-02-2022 08:02 PM)CatsClaw1 Wrote:  
(04-27-2022 05:48 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  From what I’ve seen it should be in the $25-30M range per school.

That's what Kansas State's AD has hinted at, that it won't be far off the current deal.

That would be my guess as well. I don't get into this ESPN talking the conference down nonsense. SEC/B10 athletic snobs are all over in the media and will do what they do. At the end of the day the B12 will pull about the same #s as the Pac 12 and ACC and the #s likely will be similar.
05-03-2022 08:33 AM
Advertisement

TroyTBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy The Boy
365 always has good insights regarding the media field.

05-19-2022 04:26 AM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
The B1G deal should shed more light on who might get some of the rights. Especially in regards to CBS and NBC.
05-22-2022 08:12 PM
UNT15 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(04-28-2022 12:13 PM)Once a Knight... Wrote:  
(04-28-2022 11:13 AM)Bobcats2011 Wrote:  Exploring an OOC scheduling agreement with the SEC would help as well. Could force UF to a home and home with UCF in that scenario
Man UF would veto the hell out of that. I could see a scheduling agreement but it wouldn't be UCF vs UF, lol. Probably more like UCF vs South Carolina. For fun though what would be the good SEC vs B12 matchups. I'm pretty sure the former B12 schools wouldn't necessarily want to do this. Some might however.

This might warrant it's own thread, haha.

In a
After that it becomes less clear...
perfect world these are no brainers...

OSU vs OSU (Bedlam)
KU vs Mizzou (Border War)
Texas Tech vs Texas (SWC)
Baylor vs TAMU (SWC)
TCU vs Arkansas (SWC)

Iowa St vs Mississippi St
Kansas vs Ole Miss
Kansas St vs Auburn
BYU vs Vanderbilt

Obviously unless the B12 gets more members they are 4 teams short for this matchup...

Potential expansion matchups...

Memphis vs Ole Miss
Memphis vs Tennessee

USF vs Georgia
USF vs South Carolina

Big 12 vs SEC challenge:

OSU vs OU (Bedlam)
Kansas vs Mizzou (Border War)
Texas Tech vs Texas (Chancellor's Spurs)
Baylor vs TAMU (Battle of the Brazos)
TCU vs Arkansas (SWC)

Kansas State vs Mississippi State
Iowa State vs Auburn
BYU vs Georgia

If the idea is just to have an OOC rival for each team:

Oklahoma State v OU
Kansas v Mizzou
UCF v Florida
WVU v Pitt
BYU v Utah
Iowa State v Iowa
Cincy v Miami (OH)
TCU v SMU
Texas Tech v Texas
Houston v Rice
Baylor v Wake Forest
Kansas State v Nebraska
05-24-2022 03:18 PM
Meatwad Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF & The Arsenal
[Image: FTi3THNXsAAqHJO?format=jpg&name=small]
05-24-2022 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.