Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who would you want to schedule?
Bookmark and Share
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
Exclamation Who would you want to schedule?
I saw this thread and was curious what teams y’all would want to play in OOC?

MOUNTAIN WEST

Air Force
Boise State
Hawai'i
Fresno State
Colorado State
Nevada
New Mexico
UNLV
San Diego State
San Jose State
Utah State
Wyoming

MAC

Akron
Bowling Green
Buffalo
Kent State
Miami (OH)
Ohio
Ball State
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Northern Illinois
Toledo
Western Michigan

SBC

App
CCU
JMU
ODU
Marshall
GAST
GA Southern
Troy
ULL
ULM
Texas St
Arkansas St
USM
South Alabama

AAC

East Carolina
Memphis
South Florida
SMU
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
Navy
UAB
Florida Atlantic
Charlotte
North Texas
Rice
UTSA
04-25-2022 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Who would you want to schedule?
As a UAB fan

Football: Air Force, SDSU, Boise, Colorado State, Utah State, Fresno State, App, Coastal, ULL

Basketball: SDSU, Colorado State, Boise, Wyoming, UNLV, Nevada, Georgia State, Buffalo
04-25-2022 03:23 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
I'd like to see WKU schedule in football:

MAC:
Any team (just to get a sampling of what might be if we join).

AAC:
UAB, FAU, SMU, Memphis, Navy, Temple, USF. Probably forgetting some.

MWC:
Any on occasion, not regional enough to want to play the same program on a regular basis but rotating through all of them would be good.

SBC:
Marshall, UL-L, AppState, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, stAte, Troy. Similar to MWC where it wouldn't really need to be the same teams every year, but a rotation could be fun.
04-25-2022 03:33 PM
JackedUp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Jacksonville State
Football: Boise State, San Diego State, Navy. Not interested in any SBC or MAC

Basketball: Memphis, Temple, San Diego State, UNLV, Nevada, New Mexico. Not interested in any SBC or MAC
04-25-2022 03:53 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

MAC: Ohio, Miami of Ohio, Northern Illinois, Central Michigan, Buffalo, & Ball State
MW: Colorado State, University of Nevada, UNLV, Boise State, SDSU & Wyoming
SB: Coastal Carolina, Arky State, Appy State, South Alabama, Louisiana & Ga State
AAC: Memphis, East Carolina, Tulane, South Florida, SMU, Navy, Tulsa & Temple
04-25-2022 03:57 PM
AssKickingChicken Online
1st String

I Root For: Jax State
MWC: All are too far away. Maybe Air Force as it would be cool to see a game there.

AAC: UAB. Navy might be a fun trip but they only have one OOC opening a year.

MAC: Meh. None really interest me. Maybe an Ohio school.

SBC: GSU, GSU, troy state, USA, USM, App St, either LA school.
04-25-2022 04:11 PM
Advertisement

TealNation Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
(04-25-2022 03:53 PM)JackedUp Wrote:  Football: Boise State, San Diego State, Navy. Not interested in any SBC or MAC

Basketball: Memphis, Temple, San Diego State, UNLV, Nevada, New Mexico. Not interested in any SBC or MAC
You when this thread popped up:
[Image: giphy-1.gif]
04-25-2022 04:11 PM
JackedUp Offline
Special Teams

(04-25-2022 04:11 PM)TealNation Wrote:  
(04-25-2022 03:53 PM)JackedUp Wrote:  Football: Boise State, San Diego State, Navy. Not interested in any SBC or MAC

Says the Guy responding to thread on the CUSA board.

I have watched college football and basketball for 40 plus years. Been a fan of nonbcs G5 football. Graduated from P5 university also.

I’m just indifferent about Coastal Carolina, Louisiana Lafayette, Toledo, Akron fill in the blank SBC/MAC university.

Nothing excites me about playing any of the metro commuter colleges in the AAC either Charlotte, DFW, San Antonio, Florida _ U
04-25-2022 04:40 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
I've been satisfied with our ooc G5 opponents. Mostly MW teams. For Selfish reasons I would like SMU, UTSA, RICE, and Texas St. Easy drive able road games for me.
04-25-2022 04:45 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

Who would you want to schedule?
(04-25-2022 04:40 PM)JackedUp Wrote:  

I have watched college football and basketball for 40 plus years. Been a fan of nonbcs G5 football. Graduated from P5 university also.

I’m just indifferent about Coastal Carolina, Louisiana Lafayette, Toledo, Akron fill in the blank SBC/MAC university.

Nothing excites me about playing any of the metro commuter colleges in the AAC either Charlotte, DFW, San Antonio, Florida _ U

Then you should be angry at your admin for moving up because that is who you are going to be playing. That or you will be playing 4 body bag P5 road games every year OOC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-25-2022 04:48 PM
inutech Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
For Tech:

USM, UNT, Rice, SMU.

Memphis and Tulane would be good too (but they've tended to be hesitant to play us).

The MAC teams are all more or less interchangeable to me. In a given year, they obviously aren't interchangeable in reality, but it's hard to predict where any of them are going to be in the cycle when scheduling is done so far in advance (and they are interchangeable as a home draw, probably regardless of how their season might be going).

If we had to play a MWC team, my first choices would be old WAC rivals Hawaii or Fresno, followed by the two schools in Colorado.

We've got ULL and USA on upcoming schedules, and that's fine. I'd be fine with ASU or Texas State. ULM will happen eventually, and that will be fine too.
04-25-2022 04:55 PM
Advertisement

TealNation Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal Carolina

What's wrong with seeing what other leagues are saying? I find a lot of interesting takes on all the boards. I view threads of all leagues with CSNBBS boards.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think everyone would've understood who you've preferred to play without adding the last part. Just a bit dramatic and over the top to me.

I recall playing Jacksonville State our last season in FCS. It was a great game, and you guys sent us home with a heartbreaking L. I think it was one point game or something like that. You guys had a really good team that year. Wouldn't mind scheduling you guys OOC every now and then.
04-25-2022 05:00 PM
whupemall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Jax State
I'd love to see home-and-homes with UAB and troy state. Every year would be great, but I'd settle for some kind of rotation.

I'd also like to see some home-and-homes scheduled with other regional programs like USA, Ga State, Ga Southern, Southern Miss, Coastal, and App State.

Stretching our wings a little bit, I'd be happy to see any of the following on the schedule. Home-and-home (or even a 2-for-1) would be great where possible, but for some of the bigger players, I'd settle for a one-off guarantee game:

MWC: Air Force, Boise State, Hawai'i

MAC: none

SBC: (in addition to the above) JMU, Marshall, ULL, ULM, Arkansas St

AAC: (in addition to UAB) Navy, ECU, Memphis
04-25-2022 05:28 PM
SICemDAWGS! Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(04-25-2022 02:05 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  I saw this thread and was curious what teams y’all would want to play in OOC?

MOUNTAIN WEST

Air Force
Boise State
Hawai'i
Fresno State
Colorado State
Nevada
New Mexico
UNLV
San Diego State
San Jose State
Utah State
Wyoming

MAC

Akron
Bowling Green
Buffalo
Kent State
Miami (OH)
Ohio
Ball State
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Northern Illinois
Toledo
Western Michigan

SBC

App
CCU
JMU
ODU
Marshall
GAST
GA Southern
Troy
ULL
ULM
Texas St
Arkansas St
USM
South Alabama

AAC

East Carolina
Memphis
South Florida
SMU
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
Navy
UAB
Florida Atlantic
Charlotte
North Texas
Rice
UTSA

As a Tech fan I want to play Fresneck in the Battle of the Bone and bring back the Pineapples vs the Pine Cones.

USM and ULL in the belt, ASU, ULM, and ODU (Roundball) would be lagniappe.

SMU, Tulane, Memphis, UNT, Rice, and UAB.
04-25-2022 05:31 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

For me personally:

MOUNTAIN WEST

Air Force
Boise State
UNLV
San Diego State

MAC

Miami (OH)
Ohio
Northern Illinois
Ball St

SBC

App
CCU
Marshall
GA Southern
Troy
Arkansas St

AAC

East Carolina
Memphis
South Florida
SMU
Navy
UAB
Florida Atlantic
04-25-2022 05:36 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
MOUNTAIN WEST

Air Force
Boise State
Hawai'i
Fresno State
Colorado State
Nevada
New Mexico
UNLV
San Diego State
San Jose State
Utah State
Wyoming

MAC

Akron
Bowling Green
Buffalo
Kent State
Miami (OH)
Ohio
Ball State
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Northern Illinois
Toledo
Western Michigan

SBC

App
CCU
JMU
ODU
Marshall
GAST
GA Southern
Troy
ULL
ULM
Texas St
Arkansas St
USM
South Alabama

AAC

East Carolina
Memphis
South Florida
SMU
Temple

Tulane
Tulsa
Navy
UAB
Florida Atlantic
Charlotte
North Texas
Rice
UTSA
04-25-2022 06:01 PM
Advertisement

TruBlu Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MT, C-USA
MT v Memphis, fb & bb.

A nice in-state rivalry with a hint of respect.
04-25-2022 06:17 PM
JackedUp Offline
Special Teams

(04-25-2022 04:48 PM)freshtop Wrote:  

Then you should be angry at your admin for moving up because that is who you are going to be playing. That or you will be playing 4 body bag P5 road games every year OOC.

What are you talking about? That made no sense whatsoever. Pretty ignorant statement.

Just because I’m indifferent to play SBC or MAC teams OOC doesn’t mean I not excited to play in CUSA, Liberty and Louisiana Tech in football or UTEP and NMSU in basketball. Or have chance to play in a bowl game or 20 other reasons for moving up to FBS.

But I can tell this playing Georgia Southern, Louisiana Monroe, Ark State, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois. I could care less and that didn’t factor one iota of our decision to move up.
04-25-2022 06:26 PM
GEAGLESJAG Online
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
(04-25-2022 06:26 PM)JackedUp Wrote:  

What are you talking about? That made no sense whatsoever. Pretty ignorant statement.

Just because I’m indifferent to play SBC or MAC teams OOC doesn’t mean I not excited to play in CUSA, Liberty and Louisiana Tech in football or UTEP and NMSU in basketball. Or have chance to play in a bowl game or 20 other reasons for moving up to FBS.

But I can tell this playing Georgia Southern, Louisiana Monroe, Ark State, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois. I could care less and that didn’t factor one iota of our decision to move up.

It's pretty obvious that you went to a P5 school to learn how to make friends and influence people. LOL
04-25-2022 06:52 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

(04-25-2022 06:26 PM)JackedUp Wrote:  

I don't think you are getting the point I was trying to make. If you aren't playing the SBC, MAC, or AAC newcomers in OOC then who do you expect to schedule home and home games with?
04-25-2022 06:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.