Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Penny sure can recruit
Bookmark and Share
Keeper Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
Penny sure can recruit
Now can he put an effective team together before the season is half over.
04-23-2022 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SouthernMSTiger Offline
Special Teams

RE: Penny sure can recruit
(04-23-2022 08:45 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Now can he put an effective team together before the season is half over.

Rearranged your words:

Now, can he put over half an effective team together before the season is?

My best guess: He can, in answer to both queries.
04-23-2022 10:43 PM
Tiger65 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis (only)

Crappies
I believe we are in a great position with Penny because of the chaos in real time college sports is undergoing. Check out the liink below.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basket...rofession/
04-24-2022 09:24 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
1st String

I Root For: UOFM
Let’s see , Penny took a head coaching job with NO college experience

Year One: He won more games with Tubby’s players than Tubby did

Year Two: Brings JB arguably the number one recruiting class and the NCAA takes the main recruit away and then Covid ends the season.

Year Three: Brings in another great recruiting class with two top transfers. Ncaa messes with one of them and we go on a run after he’s finally cleared and win the NIT more or less because a good part of the season is shot yet again because of Covid

Year Four: Brings in the number one recruiting class again and has to deal with Covid vaccination bs and injuries to half the scquad. Yet still makes the tournament and wins a game and nearly beats the number one seed

Compare him to John Calipari and Dana Kirk and how they started here

He has done as well and maybe better considering both of them had college head coaching experience before they came here

Anyone that can’t see that is nuts if you ask me
04-24-2022 10:26 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Lot of posters who have been very active the last couple of weeks are conspicuously absent from this thread...
04-24-2022 10:50 AM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
Message board troll

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(04-24-2022 10:26 AM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  Let’s see , Penny took a head coaching job with NO college experience

Year Two: Brings JB arguably the number one recruiting class and the NCAA takes the main recruit away and then Covid ends the season.

Year Three: Brings in another great recruiting class with two top transfers. Ncaa messes with one of them and we go on a run after he’s finally cleared and win the NIT more or less because a good part of the season is shot yet again because of Covid

Year Four: Brings in the number one recruiting class again and has to deal with Covid vaccination bs and injuries to half the scquad. Yet still makes the tournament and wins a game and nearly beats the number one seed

He has done as well and maybe better considering both of them had college head coaching experience before they came here

The last coach to win his initial NCAA tournament game at Memphis was Larry Finch.
04-24-2022 11:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleonpar Offline
1st String

(04-24-2022 11:47 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  
(04-24-2022 10:26 AM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  Let’s see , Penny took a head coaching job with NO college experience

d

The last coach to win his initial NCAA tournament game at Memphis was Larry Finch.

And that’s after his top two post players were ruled ineligible.
04-24-2022 04:44 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Ike told u Dudes not to worry, Penny's got this
IKE's got great news but, must continue to Lay Low
04-24-2022 04:59 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
Message board troll

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(04-24-2022 04:44 PM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  
(04-24-2022 11:47 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  

d

And that’s after his top two post players were ruled ineligible.

That was a bummer, man. Sil was a beast.
04-24-2022 05:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eagleonpar Offline
1st String

(04-24-2022 04:59 PM)memphisike Wrote:  Ike told u Dudes not to worry, Penny's got this

But do we have a running back that can bust a 50 yard run ?
04-24-2022 06:41 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Eagleonpar,
Is KENNY GEE returning,
Seriously IKE's been told we're in decent shape at running back
04-24-2022 06:58 PM
Advertisement

Sipowicz Offline
Water Engineer

Nobody can honestly and realistically argue with your post, Eagle man, but I’m sure someone will make a go.
04-24-2022 07:06 PM
Sipowicz Offline
Water Engineer

(04-24-2022 10:50 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Lot of posters who have been very active the last couple of weeks are conspicuously absent from this thread...

and why is that?? Oh, I’m thinking Penny landing that Davis dude might have quite a bit to do wit it.
04-24-2022 07:08 PM
Sipowicz Offline
Water Engineer

(04-24-2022 04:59 PM)memphisike Wrote:  Ike told u Dudes not to worry, Penny's got this

can you give us a hint Ike?
04-24-2022 07:09 PM
Keeper Offline
1st String

(04-24-2022 07:06 PM)Sipowicz Wrote:  

Nobody can honestly and realistically argue with your post, Eagle man, but I’m sure someone will make a go.

I agree with everything you said, but you never addressed the premise. There is no question that Penny can coach. I am hoping the answer to the initial question is he can, but so far he hasn't. This is his 5th year as a head coach and he has demonstrated a lot of positive results, but I doubt he is satisfied even if you are.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2022 08:43 PM by Keeper.)
04-24-2022 08:39 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: Less Droplets!!
Satisfied... I don't know any humans who claim to be satisfied with their accomplishments.

Penny was gratified, however, after beating Houston in the forum. His impromptu speech was straight from the heart. That emotion, united with how we all felt at that moment, was extremely powerful. A moment of unity is rare. I'd say that was the highpoint of our season.
04-24-2022 11:12 PM
Advertisement

DallasTiger Offline
Heisman

(04-24-2022 07:09 PM)Sipowicz Wrote:  

Davis says he is working on Caleb Murphy who was USF's top recruit.
04-24-2022 11:30 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(04-24-2022 11:30 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  
(04-24-2022 07:09 PM)Sipowicz Wrote:  

Davis says he is working on Caleb Murphy who was USF's top recruit.

Link07-coffee3
04-25-2022 01:28 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
1st String

(04-24-2022 08:39 PM)Keeper Wrote:  
(04-24-2022 07:06 PM)Sipowicz Wrote:  

I agree with everything you said, but you never addressed the premise. There is no question that Penny can coach. I am hoping the answer to the initial question is he can, but so far he hasn't. This is his 5th year as a head coach and he has demonstrated a lot of positive results, but I doubt he is satisfied even if you are.

I won’t be satisfied until we win a national championship. But I’m also going to be patient.
04-25-2022 08:16 AM
Merrick Offline
Asst. Coach

I Root For: MEMPHIS

04-bow
04-25-2022 09:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2022 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.